It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Missing Relto Marbles
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:13 am 

:shock: I was playing with my marbles all alone in my relto. Then tragically my marbles were gone. Missing!?!? Had my one blue marble and one white marble.............fallen off the ledge? Can I ever get them back?

Once your relto page decorations disappear (as in falling off a cliff ) - do they ever come back?

Mystic Twistty Ki 1096781

Last edited by Hannah on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Inappropriate use of language to describe situation has been removed. Again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:25 pm 

Once you loose any firemarbles or sticks and stones you can't get them back.
It is a shame :(

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Updated Post Subject Header

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

You should get them back when you re-enter your Relto... just follow your balls off the cliff and, when you reappear, so should your balls (rocks or sticks).

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Knock all the sparklies off the cliff...They will then return to the original position...same with stones and logs...

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:25 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Keep in mind that unless you're sure they went off the edge they could still be hiding. I got involved back in 2010 when someone else had lost their marbles - viewtopic.php?p=346080#p346080
(They eventually turned up way back under the closet and you needed to stand in just the right place outside the hut to see the glow)

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

@ Mac --- Sometimes I wonder if we all haven't lost our marbles? :mrgreen:

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:33 am 

@ Twistty:
So to answer your question(s): they are called marbles, they won't grow back but will reappear after you return to your Relto, they should be inside your hut. And as others said before, all the kickables (marbles, wood logs, rocks) will behave just the same if you kick them out of your Relto. :)

BTW Charura used the wrong word in her post, she called them "sparklies" which is a whole different object. I would like her to show me how she can kick the sparklies in the void... :lol:

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edited to remove description referencing text which has now been edited out

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:20 am 

Annabelle wrote:
So to answer your question(s): they are called marbles, they won't grow back but will reappear after you return to your Relto, they should be inside your hut. And as others said before, all the kickables (marbles, wood logs, rocks) will behave just the same if you kick them out of your Relto. :)

Well, I know them under the name of fire-marbles...
Anyway. I dropped the blue and a white one over three years ago. And they never reappeared, no matter what I tried in those years.

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:26 am 

Is it possible they are sitting on a bit of jutted out rock off the edge...
I did that with those rascally Qwabs....stupid thing could not be seen...except by the all seeing blue light. I finally caught a glimps of the little critter and figured where to slide ever so carefully off the edge to get it to leave.

KI #03313934

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:05 am 

First - I would like to take the opportunity to apologize to any I may have offended. Hopefully after reading this message, you will see that was not my intent.

Second - Thank you to all that gave me their suggestions and hints. All my marbles (balls) have been reset to their original position (and have their relto page turned off for safe keeping).

Third - Just my thoughts about my .....misguided posting attempt at humour,and the reactions it has caused. And of course, some background info.

Yes I am new.(and female...no "marbles" here lol). I have only been 4 weeks playing this wonderful game so far. I played the off-line version years ago, and although similar, there are some minor and major improvements/differences. The biggest and most important improvement/difference being the personal interactive experience this version provides. I find the communication and personal interactivity that can be done now... Exhilarating!!! I cannot begin to explain how friendly and helpful the MOULagain family has been to me. From guided cavern tours, to being able to just pop into the city and ask questions and socialize, the helpful and friendly community both here and on MagicWorlds, the ability to share your gaming experience with another player (players), personal tech support (wink wink - lol), knowing if say hello - I will get a Shorah form a more experienced veteran player, being included in two "runs?" last weekend with an amazing group of people (and a very helpful "Ant" that guided to the correct Nexus locations when I became horrible lost, having the honour of being accepted into the Amber Horizons Hood by a close knit group of members that has a long history here. And this is only a partial list of my positive experiences so far.

Yes there is (WAS ... I plan to make amendments) some innuendo in this post, which I had no idea anyone would find offensive. In retrospect, after reading Tai'lahr's comment, I like would to have an opportunity to amend this post and offer my apology, personally. both here and in a PM. To further cloud issue I just saw today when I "saved my draft" late last night....without the " Any attempts of humour aside - once your relto page decorations disappear (as in falling off a cliff ) - do they ever come back?" was actually submitted. Adding to the confusion (the difference between cellphone and computer modes of typing). Personally the "marbles" look more like balls of lighting to me, but where do you find definitions to everything experienced in Uru?

I have learned from my experiences here in this post and will make a concerted effort not to repeat them in the future.

As for the "troll" comment, I would like to lay all future comments on that to rest. I have great respect for Tai'lahr, and only see her remarks as a reaction to what could (and did) have a diminishing
effect on others. I do not take offence by it. She was one of the first people I met in MOULagain, and has had a positive effect on my short journey thus far. And hopefully will continue to do so. We are a small community here, full of friends, fun and laughter. I personally hope anyone who saw this post without reading this and the new amendments, can understand what my intentions were. A feeble attempt to catch readers attentions with some misguided humour, and an answer to a question I had.

Ps.

You can get your marbles back!!! Just turn off you relto "sparkly" (again definitions) page, exit the game. Come back, turn it back on. Next time you log in your "marbles" will be there. Special to the kind person who Pm'd me this solution.

Cheers

Twistty
Ki 932795

Mystic Twistty Ki 1096781

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:41 am 

I know in the offline version you just delete the personal file in the save folder. It resets the Relto age but not the other age's, I never tried it in the live version

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:29 am 

Seriously!! Until the game reset I'd lost a couple of marbles and a stick. At least I had done for ages. I wonder if that had been fixed ages ago and I never noticed. lol

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:52 am 
Obduction Backer

The term "fire-marbles" comes from Riven, where they play a major part in the game. They are so named in one of Gehn's journals.

Last edited by Tor'i on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:45 am 

angelmyst wrote:

This happened with mine. I had the islands active in my Relto, and turned out my missing marble & several rocks were wedged between the cliffside and one of the islands.

Try turning off your islands, if you have them active.. then going in, to allow those marbles to fall on off. link in & out once or twice, see if the marbles don't reappear.

Every time I have ever kicked rocks, logs, or marbles off the edge in relto, they always reappeared on my next link-in... usually at the last spot they were sitting BEFORE I kicked them off. Except that one time they were lodged in place by the island.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:20 pm 

HarveyMidnight wrote:
angelmyst wrote:

This happened with mine. I had the islands active in my Relto, and turned out my missing marble & several rocks were wedged between the cliffside and one of the islands.

Try turning off your islands, if you have them active.. then going in, to allow those marbles to fall on off. link in & out once or twice, see if the marbles don't reappear.
This happened to my kickables, as well. I noticed them at the "bottom" of the islands when I climbed to the back side of the Relto mountain (using combos up the Er'cana plant). As Harvey said, to reset the kickables, I had to deactivate the Islands page so the kickables fell out of the age when I left Relto and returned. Thereafter, I could reactivate the Islands page and find the kickables restored to their default positions.

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)