It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 pm 

Since there's no introduction forum, I'll just make my first post here.
Hi, my name's Lights And Magic. I've been on and off really big about the Myst series since I was a kid. I played the MOUL a long time ago and then forgot about it and now I'm. I finished Yeesha's quest (again), and now I'm looking to try Path of the Shell. I've unintentionally finished most of Er'Cana and now I'm looking for a someone to actually "start" Path of the Shell with me and for the Ahnonay half.

EDIT: After searching every little nook and cranny in the city (emphasis on little), I was able to find the last 5 Great Zero Markers.

KI#02140834

Last edited by Lights And Magic on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:13 pm 

Welcome to the forum, Lights And Magic! Our community is very helpful, and I'm sure you'll find someone to help you with Ahnonay either here or in the public Cavern. I'd be willing to help you this afternoon (Eastern Time), but I might not be able to stay on for very long, so some of the dudes or dudettes in the Cavern might be able to socialize a little more.

As for the latter question, you might want to try asking on the "Spoilers, Hints, and Tips" section of the forum. Trust me, you'll get all the help you need ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Normally if you link to the public city you'll find someone who can help. Just link in and ask "can someone help me with Ahnonay" (or whatever) and you'll usually receive at least one response. The public city is accessible by using the Nexus (yellow book on your Relto bookshelf).
If there are a lot of folks in the city (more than 9) you may need to shout so use the command /autoshout <enter> so you'll be heard by all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:21 pm 

Thanks guys!

Another question or two: I read somewhere that you can get a front camera mode (as well as a few others). Is this still possible/how do I do it?

Also, what's the deal with ants?

KI#02140834

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:46 pm 

By "front camera mode", do yo umean first-person? You can switch to first-person by hitting F1.

The Guild of Ants is basically a social group of explorers. You're welcome to join--just ask someone who's a member.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:06 pm 

I'm talking about Annabelle's post in this thread.

KI#02140834

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:55 pm 

There is no "front camera mode", yet sorry.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah and welcome Lights and Magic,

The camera view is controlled entirely by the game designer. All we can do is switch between first and third person (FP=view from your eyeballs, TP=view from behind and above your head). There are some instances where you cannot switch to FP, such as cutscenes (e.g., climbing a ladder) or when sitting.

There are locations where the programmed camera angle will allow you to see an alternate view of yourself (which is what Annabelle was describing in her post). For instance, there's a place in Kemo where you have the unique opportunity to see yourself from the front, which makes it a handy spot for self portraits. :)

Once you get the hang of how this works, you can use the camera's natural shifting to find places where you can peek through walls, rocks and more, if that sort of thing appeals (some folk don't like it as it breaks the sense of immersion).

Hope this helps,