It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New content?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:43 am 

So I logged in today because I was missing the cavern, and as soon as I got to AeGura I noticed people wearing shirts I'd never seen before. I was happy to see the new T-shirts in the wardrobe, and to pop into these forums and learn a little more about when and how that happened.

Now I am wondering: are we getting any other new content any time soon? I can't remember the details, but I remember that there was a group of fans working with Cyan to get some of the fan Ages into the game. Has there been any news or progress in that area?

Post subject: Re: New content?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:02 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Best to check here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=27359

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:34 pm 

As far as I gather from what I read it seems nothing is happening, so I would say don't count on it. I am not in the know, not the authority so this is a summary on how I understand it. People have been working on ages and other things which look really cool and quality, but the gateway to get to them needs to be completed. Chloe Rhodes who I think was the leader/coordinator of this group was working on that. From what I gather according to her last posts she has lost the motivation and seems is currently no longer planning on working on that or anything including her long awaited separate DIRT shard, which is a shame. This is really too bad as it was ramped up with videos and such including at Mysterium and announcement by her shortly after including at the all guilds meeting. It looked like a lot of hard work went into it; really cool, promising and what the community really needed, but now just another let down. Maybe some day we will see this stuff and I am hoping Chloe will regain her motivation, but my hope has kind of run thin to none at this point as its been like 7-8 months. They were saying possibly end of last year 2014 as a tentative target and the separate DIRT shard following shortly after. We are in April and no news as I am assuming there is none. It asked at every all guilds meeting, but nobody has answers. I really wished I had the know how to make things work as those folks do.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:25 am 

I believe the Gateway team has hit a few snags and things have really slowed down. Im also under the impression that the team needs a few real good programers familiar with Uru and its game engine, along with some good Age writers to pick up the slack until RL allows some of the original team members to find the time and inspiration to return. I believe their all volunteers and they have RL stuff that must take priorities and rightfully so.

So don't count them out yet.

In the mean time If you wish their are over a hundred fan ages with various levels of quality to choose from available threw the Guild of Writers website but they are for Uru CC not Uru Live. Im pretty sure you can still get a copy of Uru CC someplace

In addition if you feel ambitious enough to try Writing ages yourself the two programs that are being used are 3DS max and Blender. Its still the best video game I ever found. Create im Max export, convert, and explore in Uru CC and most of my stuff has never left my hard drive, the possibilities are endless.

Realistically speaking, there is still a chance however remote as long as their is one fool left who believes it will happen

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:31 am 
Obduction Backer

I was pleased to see that Chloe was posting on the forums again over the last few days so I'm hoping this means she's getting back to work on Intangibles stuff! Chloe, if you're reading this, we've missed you, hope life is treating you better once again. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:45 am 
Obduction Backer

The rumors of my disappearance have been greatly exaggerated. :D

J'ffrey wrote:
As far as I gather from what I read it seems nothing is happening, so I would say don't count on it. I am not in the know, not the authority so this is a summary on how I understand it. People have been working on ages and other things which look really cool and quality, but the gateway to get to them needs to be completed. Chloe Rhodes who I think was the leader/coordinator of this group was working on that. From what I gather according to her last posts she has lost the motivation and seems is currently no longer planning on working on that or anything including her long awaited separate DIRT shard, which is a shame. This is really too bad as it was ramped up with videos and such including at Mysterium and announcement by her shortly after including at the all guilds meeting. It looked like a lot of hard work went into it; really cool, promising and what the community really needed, but now just another let down. Maybe some day we will see this stuff and I am hoping Chloe will regain her motivation, but my hope has kind of run thin to none at this point as its been like 7-8 months. They were saying possibly end of last year 2014 as a tentative target and the separate DIRT shard following shortly after. We are in April and no news as I am assuming there is none. It asked at every all guilds meeting, but nobody has answers. I really wished I had the know how to make things work as those folks do.

J'ffry I had posted several times in the last 7-8 months the reason for my putting Uru related stuff on hold. I had lost my RL job some time ago, and had to focus on getting a job in order to pay my bills and as such couldn't devote the time I wanted to towards the Intangible's project nor DIRT related stuff. I put these answers both on DIRT's facebook page, as well as here in the forums. It's also the reason why I let the domain for DIRT's main developer page expire (thedeepcity.com) but kept the page open on tumblr. With the expiration of my hosting account I had to take my DIRT test server down, when that happened I made the decision that I needed to focus on finding a job in order to pay for my bills rather than working those several hours a day on Uru related stuff.

A little over a month ago I found a new job, after which I contacted Cyan again to let them know, as well as others on the team to catch up and get back into the swing of things. My intention was always to wait a bit till I was comfortable with my new routine/job than to get back into Uru related stuff. If there was doubt about any of this anyone could have felt free to PM me and ask, it may have taken a bit to respond as I wasn't posting regularly because I didn't want to give people false hope for a quick response. I hope that clears some things up for you.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:14 pm 

ChloeRhodes wrote:
The rumors of my disappearance have been greatly exaggerated. :D

J'ffrey wrote:

J'ffry I had posted several times in the last 7-8 months the reason for my putting Uru related stuff on hold. I had lost my RL job some time ago, and had to focus on getting a job in order to pay my bills and as such couldn't devote the time I wanted to towards the Intangible's project nor DIRT related stuff. I put these answers both on DIRT's facebook page, as well as here in the forums. It's also the reason why I let the domain for DIRT's main developer page expire (thedeepcity.com) but kept the page open on tumblr. With the expiration of my hosting account I had to take my DIRT test server down, when that happened I made the decision that I needed to focus on finding a job in order to pay for my bills rather than working those several hours a day on Uru related stuff.

A little over a month ago I found a new job, after which I contacted Cyan again to let them know, as well as others on the team to catch up and get back into the swing of things. My intention was always to wait a bit till I was comfortable with my new routine/job than to get back into Uru related stuff. If there was doubt about any of this anyone could have felt free to PM me and ask, it may have taken a bit to respond as I wasn't posting regularly because I didn't want to give people false hope for a quick response. I hope that clears some things up for you.

Thanks for the clarification. That's why I started by saying I am not in the know or authority hoping that some with more in the know would respond. It is tough sifting through posts over time on a multitude of sights and topics, but that was how I understood it and I guess I was slightly wrong. I am glad that you were able to find a job. I know how tough it can be when you are without one.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:03 pm 

I know the Myst community had their hopes raised only to be dashed against the jagged boulders of reality a few to many times since Myst Online first opened way back in the UBI era but this will not be one of those times. I have every confidence that the knowledgeable and competent members of the Gateway team in conjunction with Cyan is doing ever thing they can to make new content a reality, The Getaway team doesn't want everyone's hopes dashed against the rocks again any more then Cyan does, However Unlike Cyan the Gateway time are all volunteers and do it for the love of the game, the story and the community to name a few, but as always the trials and tribulations of Real Life must always take priority. Any thing good takes time and is worth waiting for,

The few times I did peak behind the curtain, and I saw what they where working on they got some pretty cool stuff waiting to be finished, I know its taking longer then originally expected, but I also know they wont let us down.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Last edited by Karkadann on Wed May 06, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Acorn1 wrote:
I was pleased to see that Chloe was posting on the forums again over the last few days so I'm hoping this means she's getting back to work on Intangibles stuff! Chloe, if you're reading this, we've missed you, hope life is treating you better once again. :)

Yes, this. Very exciting. Having finally managed to see Doobes pub first hand I'm just gob-smacked by the creative talent in the Myst fandom. I know from my own experience of fan creativity on the MystiTech project over the past 2+ years what a hold the Deep City has over all of us!

Member of MystiTech Productions