It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DRC Update
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Is it possible to get an (IC) update on the whereabouts of the DRC members?

The last I heard:

Dr. Watson is currently living in Hawaii (and hopefully, hasn't been buried under a volcano).
Victor Laxman is keeping an eye on the Cavern by "remote control" from an undisclosed location.
Michael Engberg left the DRC to take up a teaching job somewhere in the Northwestern US (Washington State?).

The location of:

Marie Sutherland
Dr. Kodoma
Phil Henderson
Douglas Sharper
Nick White
Cate Alexander

is unknown.

Could I get a confirmation or correction on this information, please? Thanks!

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject: Re: DRC Update
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:40 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Mmm... I don't know if Cate was technically a member of the DRC - I think she was representative of the backers funding the 2006 restoration.

I think the information you've got is about as up-to-date as I know: Much of what you have there was related by Dr Kodama during the visit by him and Marie Sutherland that lead to the opening up of the Cavern in 2010. Thinking back, I don't think either talked much about what they themselves were doing at the time of that visit.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Originally she was investment but she changed position later as I recall Marie talking about Cate getting to vote on stuff.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here's my (very short) article about her from my site:

Quote:
Cate Alexander was one of the last members to join the D'ni Restoration Council, and served as chairman in its final months. Her first appearance in the cavern was on January 3, 2007, although she told explorers that she had been working behind the scenes for several months by then.

She was initially an investor in the restoration, and she played a key role in getting the Turner company to fund it as well. Her stated job was to make sure the restoration efforts proceeded in a timely and safe fashion, and she pressured the other DRC members to open up new areas more frequently. It was her influence that caused Tokotah Courtyard and the Canyon Mall to be opened when they did, and she pressed Victor Laxman to open up the Great Zero when he did.

In June of 2007, Michael Engberg resigned from the DRC, and she was elected to replace him. This effectively gave her two votes on the council, one for her seat and one from her representation of the investors, something Marie Sutherland stated she wasn't comfortable with.

Cate resigned and left the cavern on November 1, 2007, stating it was a business decision.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:50 am 

I would even go so far as to say that Cate was the LEADER of the DRC. Even before she was officially a member, she was pulling the strings. And as others have pointed out, she not only replaced Michael Engberg on the DRC but got two votes--the justification for which, she claimed, was to break ties. So although I don't think she was ever officially recognized as the leader like Watson had been, she really did act in that capacity.

Regarding their whereabouts--someone was telling me the other day some bits of information, but I don't know how accurate they were. Something about one of the DRC members being in Hawaii, and I think something about Sharper's current whereabouts. But I can't remember where they got their information, and don't know if it was accurate.

At any rate, it's something to look into.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:39 pm 

Note to self: Send letter to DRC offices in NM to see if it gets returned.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Nev'yn wrote:
Note to self: Send letter to DRC offices in NM to see if it gets returned.
Oh, wow, that would be a cool souvenir! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, it would, but I'm pretty sure letters would be returned... by the post office as undeliverable. Even in game reality, the DRC disbanded due to lack of funding. There wouldn't be any offices left open and no secretaries waiting to answer mail.

In real life... It's bloody hard to get Cyan to answer mail, and they are still open. ^_^;

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni