It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:10 pm 
Site Admin

Here is a list of MOULa based servers that are run by different fans and fan organizations. The CyanWorlds MOULa server will continue to run and will most likely continue to be the main focus of MOULa. This is to help promote the expanding MOULa universe.

Server/Shard Owners: Only post MOULa based servers here. Please include (at the least) a link to web page that describes how a player can create an account on your server and play. And a short sentence describing what your server is about. And then add as much text as you need to describe your server and help users. I will try to once a week take your link and short sentence and add to this post.
Also, please post events on your server in the Events area on this forum, be sure to include your server name so people know where to go.

Everyone else: Please do not post discussions about any of the servers (fan or otherwise) or any other topic in this thread. Please create a new thread. Thanks.

Warning: CyanWorlds has no control over these fan run servers or shards and cannot guarantee safe or fair service on these servers. In other words, you are on your own. Please contact the individual fan run server site administrator for support. If you would like to notify Cyan Worlds about one of these fan run servers, please contact us by visiting http://support.cyanworlds.com

OpenUru.org's Minkata Shard allows fans to test new features and fixes from the open source development community before they are accepted into Cyan Worlds' official Myst Online: Uru Live again (MOULa) servers.

Guild of Writers' Gehn Shard showcases the latest work done by artists and programmers at the Guild of Writers.

[Edited: to removed Lyros Shard from list as it is no longer available]

Last edited by Chogon on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Announcing Lyros Shard, the new MOSS shard run by Lyrositor!

Lyros Shard is the second known shard to combine MOSS (server) and H'uru's fork of CWE (client) to deliver gaming access to open-source Uru, but also the first invitation-based shard! Indeed, due to various constraints, Lyros Shard is not available for a massive use, and so signup is limited for now to Lyrositor's closest friends and a few other willing community members. That being said, if you do manage to get an account onto it, feel free to use the Internal client to navigate the world of Uru, as long as you don't intentionally try to break things or corrupt the game.

What to know before you sign up: Lyros Shard is hosted by Lyrositor on his own server, in his own house. As such, it may not benefit from the best uptime (in comparison with MO:ULa, TOC, Minkata or Gehn for example).
Nothing special has been added to this shard ; it simply is a recent build of MOSS with a recent build of H'uru's CWE client distributed for access. For now, at least.
Judging from rather basic testing, everything should work, except for:
  • Bugs in the server or client software (this includes physics bugs for example),
  • Sparklies, which have not been activated... yet; stay tuned.
Other things might be buggy, but haven't been noticed yet. Personally, I have experienced two more-or-less big bugs so far (aside from weird physics occasionally):
  • Relto link-in bug, in which the camera zooms through Relto to fall beneath it (a known bug, I believe),
  • Stair climbing bugs (another known issue, if I'm correct).
Where to sign up: currently, Lyros Shard is invitation-based. If you already have an invite code, you can navigate to Lyros Shard's homepage to create an account with your code. Make sure you use an e-mail address when signing up!

Where to download the client(s): download links for both the External (read: standard) and Internal (read: fun) client are available on Lyros Shard's homepage. Installation is fully automated, although you should read the warnings and notices on the homepage before proceding.

How to get invitation codes: codes are limited in availability for now to friends and people I trust. There are currently 5 codes available for signup, so if you feel like testing on Lyros, sign up quickly! If you would like to request an invite code, PM Lyrositor either on the MO:ULa forum, the OpenUru.org forum or the Guild of Writers forum.

Problems? PM Lyrositor, on any of the afore-mentioned forums.

For Chogon:
Code:
[b][url=http://uru.lyros.net/shard/]Lyros Shard[/url][/b] is an invitation-based shard run by Lyrositor with no special additions planned for now but with the purpose of helping community members, including Lyrositor himself, document MOSS and CWE through direct use of the software used. It also allows the use of Internal clients to connect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Lost City Of Atlantis Shard

The Lost City Of Atlantis shard is open again
Atlantis Shard

This shard runs the GOW client with dirtsand server. this shard is for testing new clients in the hope of coming up with a multishard client that can connect to any shard. also there will be a lot of Python mods but most will be for internal clients for Admins to use. please only use external clients

This shard is a non IC shard and also has had some of the multiplayer stuff removed see Notes. also some members have internal clients with modify pyhon code so you may see some strange things happen. if you played on an Until URU shard and seen what the shard admins could do you will know what i mean.

NOTE: the hood garden door's have been jammed open they did not work.

NOTE: Ahnonay has been put back to single player but you have to find out how.

NOTE: the PelletCave has had the time warp put back it so you can drop your own Pellets this was from POTS

NOTE: the bake time on the pellets is short only take a a minnite or 2

NOTE: All this was done with Python no change to the .prp files has been doen.

Code for server and client can be found here https://github.com/MultiShard

Code for Python change to the Shard can be found here https://github.com/AtlantisShard

For Chogon:
Code:
[b][url=http://atlantis.servegame.org/moul/]Atlantis Shard[/url][/b] This shard runs the GOW client with dirtsand server. this shard is for testing new clients in the hope of coming up with a multishard client that can connect to any shard. also there will be a lot of Python mods but most will be for internal clients for Admins to use. please only use external clients

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:31 pm 

is there a current more up to date list of fan run servers out there ? I know there aren't a ton of them but I would like to take a look at the environment of Uru while I wait for the current New Account creation lockdown to be lifted :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
The OpenUru.org Minkata Testing Shard is the closest to Cyan's MOULa shard, but if you want to see more, I recommend the Guild of Writers' Gehn Shard and once you find your way to the GoW forum, you might find more information on other shards.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:45 pm 

More shards can be found here:

http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... Shard_List

(but it may not be up to date)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

As best I can tell, almost half of the shards on that list are defunct (or never materialized at all).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:48 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

AdamJohnso wrote:
As best I can tell, almost half of the shards on that list are defunct (or never materialized at all).
That sounds about right - it seems that people are disinclined or forgetful about informing of changes and closures.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:13 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Doobes updated the list today. Much appreciated. When I get a little time, I'd like to edit the page to include a historical listing of the shards that were removed today. The archivist in me thinks information like that should be retained, but it should be clear what is active and what is not.

Speaking of archives and history, hey Cyan, how about getting the DRC Forums back online... again... :P It's like the Flying Dutchman over there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:22 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

JWPlatt wrote:
Doobes updated the list today. Much appreciated. When I get a little time, I'd like to edit the page to include a historical listing of the shards that were removed today. The archivist in me thinks information like that should be retained, but it should be clear what is active and what is not.
As promised, I've updated the OpenUru.org wiki to include both active and defunct shards. For better or worse, I prefer to have the full history:
http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... Shard_List

Further, as I hope some have noticed this month, I've been updating most of the OpenUru.org resources with a more consistent site banner and menu for navigation as I update the software on those resources. It can now display the status bar for multiple shards. The active shard list is not so large, so I feel OpenUru.org's main site could comfortable display the status of maybe two more shards besides MOULa and Minkata, as it does now.

So if your shard can return a status message in the same way that MOULa and Minkata do, I'll support it on our systems and display the status of up to two more shards. See an example here:
http://OpenUru.org

PM me if you run a shard and need the details.

JWPlatt wrote:
Speaking of archives and history, hey Cyan, how about getting the DRC Forums back online... again... :P It's like the Flying Dutchman over there.
So how about that DRC Site?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

There's no mention of The Deep Island and UAM shards?

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:55 pm 

That it because these are not MOULa based shards. They are shards for the offline game. They require you to hack your copy of the offline game so we can't talk about them here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:03 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Yep, see the second and third paragraphs of rule I here: viewtopic.php?p=338614#p338614

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:37 am 

Hey are any servers still active? I grabbed access for Gehn shard, but I've yet to see anyone online..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:15 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Gehn is an active shard, so I guess you'll have to define your parameters for "active."