It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Kadish's Vault
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:47 pm 

Did anyone else manage to... "cheat" through this door before figuring out the puzzle?

Frankly, I was so fed up with this world after quitting the game for a year. I couldn't care less and was just happy to finally move on to a new world. Although I thought it was a fitting way to beat this guy's world.

Post subject: Re: Kadish's Vault
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Given the number of Walkthroughs available, you really wasted your time getting frustrated and then figuring out a workaround.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:29 am 

Actually it was less time than I would have spent staying in the world to do it legit. I got stuck on the "light and shadow" puzzle and had stopped playing for a year, then came back, reached the last puzzle, and it was actually fairly easy to stumble upon the answer.

I do intend to go back and figure it out at some point, I don't see the point in beating any part of this game with a walkthrough though

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:33 am 
Obduction Backer

coffeemancer wrote:
I don't see the point in beating any part of this game with a walkthrough though
There is no point to "beating" any part of this game, period. It's a journey, not a destination. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:39 am 

Yes... which is why I'm not using a walk-through.

I was simply asking if anybody else had stumbled upon the answer without figuring out the puzzle, I thought it was a funny way to """""""beat"""""""""""" a world designed by such a character.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Ah, okay, then. I'm sorry, I misread the intent of your OP and thought you were bragging about having figured out a way to get through without solving the puzzles. It wasn't clear that you had simply stumbled upon the answer. My apologies. In that case, yes, it's funny that it was so easy to get through such an elaborate system designed to keep people out. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:04 am 

I will admit that I solved it through brute persistence. I have a tendency to find the hard way to do things. After staring at the puzzle for a long time and making no progress, I finally just started entering every possible combination to see if I could come across one that worked (yeah, that's a LOT of possible combinations...) I was lucky. I got it after only 20 or 30 tries.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:30 am 

Deck 15 wrote:
I will admit that I solved it through brute persistence. I have a tendency to find the hard way to do things. After staring at the puzzle for a long time and making no progress, I finally just started entering every possible combination to see if I could come across one that worked (yeah, that's a LOT of possible combinations...) I was lucky. I got it after only 20 or 30 tries.

Is it randomized? I got it ALOT sooner than that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:14 am 

coffeemancer wrote:
Deck 15 wrote:

Is it randomized? I got it ALOT sooner than that

Not randomized, the Code is the same every time. ^u^

Personally, I never figured out the the legit way to solve it- through the Gallery hints- and usually randomly button mashed or used a walkthrough to open the door. I never even bothered to memorize the code.

But when I really learned the solution and memorized the code (which was one of my first times through the age when MOULa first came online), I did it through the visual cues on the buttons themselves. Dunno why Kadish designed it that way, but discovering that little hint was what actually made me remember the code from then on.

It makes Kadish's final puzzle all the more ironic. You don't even need the fancy gallery hint or brute forcing it... the final clue is staring right at you from the buttons themselves! XD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

My first time to open Kadish's vault, I had used the brute force method. Then once I understood the true way, my understanding of the whole age clicked

"Laugh it up, Chuckles" -- Space Ghost to Rand Miller; MOUL KI #38615, Mulligan KI #37069, MOULa2.0 #130257

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:19 pm 

Agreed about the simplicity of the last door. After learning to rely on the relto book of clues to solve what is really riddles, not puzzles (Oh they are beautiful), then a pure and simple little puzzle to look at ans solve is a surprise, then you open the vault and an impossible riddle stares you in the face. What story does the vault/s tell. I dunno!

/Frej

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rudolfson wrote:
then you open the vault and an impossible riddle stares you in the face. What story does the vault/s tell. I dunno!

Therein lies a tale or two, oh yes. Next month, we'll be starting up this year's edition of the cavern tours, and Kadish Tolesa will be covered... along with all the others, of course. We're going to try to have the first tour on November 3rd, if we can get everyone together and ready in time. The Tolesa tour reveals the when and why, if you're interested. However, it's a long series, and Tolesa is usually near the end of it, so it won't be right away. Zeke, who sets the schedule, never announces which Age will be on which date in advance. You learn what's being covered when we go there.

Note that we don't tell you how to solve the puzzles, but there are spoilers involved just in the fact that we explain the history of the place.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:21 am 

does is involve the past games on the tour? This is my first Myst game

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:51 am 
Obduction Backer

coffeemancer wrote:
does is involve the past games on the tour? This is my first Myst game

We talk about the history of a lot of characters from earlier games, but we only tour Ages that can be reached in Uru, since it's done in-game. We attempt to stay away from spoilers as much as we can, but it's unavoidable that we stray into a few. It's a very comprehensive series of lectures and explorations.

It's best if you've done as much of the game as you can before attending a tour, if you want to figure out the puzzles for yourself. We will not give away any of the puzzle solutions, but some of the things we talk about may spoil surprises.

On the good side, attending the tours will reveal things to you that you would be unlikely to discover for yourself. We try to make everything clear about who did what, who built what, why, and how they worked. We also take you outside the normal places an avatar can get to by using external clients permitted by Cyan. That means we usually can go to places like the DRC office in Tokotah I, outside the pods in the Museum Age, and many other interesting places that are normally inaccessible. Everyone that has been on a tour and spoke to me about it has enjoyed them.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:25 am 

Okay, where can I be alerted of the time of the tour?