It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: The coverup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:16 pm 

He he.
I think Atrus trapped his sons in prison books that he then destroyed. So happy with the success he Did the same to his dad and simply left him in limbo for eternity. Consistent with Myst and its only real sequel and the book. He then developed a consciense (that feeling that somebody found out, yes that's you, dear player). so he invented a new explanation, called it URU, made you believe that what you did was actually just a computer game revisiting past events, added a couple of half good games with a different thruth compared to the one you lived. All this to prepare you for the lie that URU is real and Myst was an as good as possible representation with certain errors. Such as filicide.
Once you were confuced enough, duped Cyan emploees helped to manifest the coverup lie of the stranger and so you finally abandoned your memorys and bought in on it.
The conclusion is that behind the scenes at Cyan is working the most Evil man with supreme intellect. This Atrus. A worthy Moriarty! A man that did not hesitate to send his sons to a black void for eternity because he did not like them. But also a man so selfrighteous that is was with much surprize he understod he needed to polish his image.
If you buy in to the Stranger you are eating the polish
Muaw ha ha

Last edited by Rudolfson on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The coverup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:55 am 

I agree with you. But that is one the few coverups included with Myst games. :wink:

(Should we tell about power, magic potions and.... greed ?)

It fits well with one of my topic about time travel. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

I had a tongue-in-cheek theory once that Sirrus and Achenar were not, in fact, tyrants and mass murderers, but were trying to help the people of the Ages that Atrus unwittingly infected with disease. The trap book dialogs and the events of Revelation were complete fiction, but alas, Atrus's terrible misreading of the situation and blackening of his sons' names had won out over the truth... :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Rudolfson wrote:
This Atrus. A worthy Moriarty! A man that did not hesitate to send his sons to a black void for eternity because he did not like them. But also a man so selfrighteous that is was with much surprize he understod he needed to polish his image.

Gehn, Atrus. Tree, apple.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:53 am 

Yes, I fear you are right. Also this accounts for the reason why Cyan is not making any more Myst games. They realized the truth, that they were helping the most evil man in the multiverse, and in good conscience, refuse to promulgate the 'Good Atrus' theory any longer by not continuing the lie with more false stories. Now that are looking for redemption through Obduction... :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you think about it, it’s hard to imagine Atrus built the structures and catwalks in his Ages all by himself :? Indeed, he was ‘helped’ by the natives.

Poor Gehn, he saw the monster his son and Catherine had become (or always had been) and tried to stop them.

And then Atrus went on subjugating the Tehrahnee. Later, his accomplice Saavedro tried to backstab him and almost exposed him, but then Atrus’ minion ‘took care’ of him.

And what about poor Esher, who tried to free the bahro from the merciless dominion of Yeesha?

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:18 pm 

Oh no! I never got as far as all this. But I can see you are right. Alas for Ghen!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]