It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:06 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Just being a little observant...

Karkadann wrote:
why was account creation attacked?
what would motivate such a thing?
who could possibly benefit?
korovev wrote:
...account creation was closed because of griefers...

since I always kept my moronic behavior out of the caverns
apply the same questions about grievers

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:16 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Psychology is above my pay grade as a volunteer. I just assume mental illness or angry victims at home becoming the abusers in society.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:22 pm 

LOL ouch

E=mc2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think of you are all overthinking this a little because it fans that run the community. So I think Cyan is waiting on suggestions from fans on how to fix the account system.

Think of like puzzle
1.accounts closed.
2.closed because of greifers.
3.How to keep griefers down without harming new players
4.making it even more secure

Instead of perstering Cyan for opening the accounts system, lets have suggestion on how to fix it and then send that soultion to Cyan. This is what were suppose to be doing instead of complaing. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:35 pm 

Well, this thread is quite touching. Really.

Ahem... We *have* reached the hollywood cliché, though: people going at each other's throat due to being locked too long in a burning/drowning/drifting building/ship/spaceship. Them making friends all over again. Heh.
However, most of us have spent a really long time here, and yet still faithfully stick with Cyan and Uru. So I think there is no need for such hostilities.

Well, still, this sort of conflict could be avoided if some people would simply manifest their presence and acknowledge that they still have these items on their todo list.

Bah, not much that can be done anyway. Except partying ! After all, people seem to be brewing a pretty big party, which might be the wisest thing to do currently. That, or as Karkadann often points out, have fun building new Ages. That's never a waste of time.

zeke3651 wrote:
Instead of perstering Cyan for opening the accounts system, lets have suggestion on how to fix it and then send that soultion to Cyan. This is what were suppose to be doing instead of complaing. :wink:
I'm not completely against the idea, but Cyan hasn't even hinted that they needed, or wanted, our help. What's the point of coming up with a geniously cool solution if they don't even bother to read it :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:35 am 

I guess the easiest solution to the problem, is to take your chances on one of the shards that have account creation open :shock:

As far as the other shards are concerned pick the one that has the most of what you want, some have
over a hundred fan ages, some have new features and fixes, some let age writer experiment with new content, some are as easy to install as a mouse click.

Uru live will live on in some form or another even if Cyan no longer supports it. Perhaps that's what they wanted all along the insurance that Uru Live will survive even if Cyan does not.

Until Cyan fixes account creation the only solution for now is go elsewhere

E=mc2

Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Weren’t there talks about a /report command, at some point?

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:07 pm 

korovev wrote:

That command would only work with moderators to review the reports in a timely fashion, some way to go back and look at chat/activity logs to judge the reports, and preventing banned people from simply registering again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

In short, a CCR.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:07 pm 

Sadly, until Cyan drops an official word about what will be needed to restore account creation, most of this will be conjecture. We'll be talking in circles. I'm sure they realize that it IS important to allow new people to be able to sign up without going through the hassle of sending an e-mail and waiting. Note that when it went down originally, they were knee-deep in Obduction development. Hopefully, now that the game has been out for a few months, they'll be a bit more available to at least read these concerns.

As far as fan content...while we can do all the work we can to get it ready to go, ultimately, we'll need someone over at Cyan to implement it...and again, we would need to know what would be needed to get someone to actually sit down to do the dirty work, whether it be a boost in CAVCON donations (and exactly how much), rigorous testing on Minkata shard (OpenURU.org would also need to describe exactly what they need for full fan Age testing), a new nexus/library Age for deployment, pizza and beer contributions, etc.

(That last one may or may not be a joke :P )

In any case, we need Cyan to let us know what's going on, if anything, and what's needed to get the ball rolling on this. Only then can we plot a true course of action.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:43 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Cyan is at the end of the Fan Content pipeline and only that which concerns the official MOULa shard. Maybe start asking about all that only after the content has been dropped onto the Minkata shard for testing. Please make lots of noise when it's ready for testing! We're here.

Pizza and beer is no joking matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:43 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

korovev wrote:
You may be thinking of the griefer reporting system, here: http://account.mystonline.com/trouble/ (it is also linked from the Play page).

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, it could be linked to that, auto-filling a few fields:

Code:
/report Korovev
Please describe your complaint: _

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:22 pm 

If I remember correctly when these trolls or grievers first turned up two strategies where used, the first one was to surround the troll and harass him/her until he/she leaves which never realy worked because your giving them the attention he/she needs. they may leave but they will be back for more of the same.
The second strategy was as old as forums and trolls, which was to ignore the troll and deprive him/her of what they need "ATTENTION"

Playing devils advocate
If I where the troll on this thread I would look at all the responses I have gotten and I would keep coming back because of all the attention I got :shock:

Don't feed the troll
you'll never get rid of them

its like a stray dog, you keep feeding them and they keep coming back

E=mc2

Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:58 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Please make lots of noise when it's ready for testing! We're here.

Excellent! I have at least one Age ready for testing and it has worked flawlessly on both Gehn Shard and The Open Cave. I even have a slightly updated version (mostly lighting changes) ready to go.

What would be the best way to get these files to you for testing on Minkata? :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next