It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:19 am 

OK, I wasn't able to be in UU when it happened BUT I have seen the video and it is my understanding that in UU the city was more or less open for all to see. OK, now follow me thru with this. What if the Bahro really have no problem with us being in the cavern, but they do have a concern with our apparent arrogance and saw a need to basically reset the cavern in an attempt to show us some humility, by destroying our KI devices but not the KI dispenser. We were spreading too quickly and the knowledge that would have been gained from these explorations was just too much for us as a society(out of the cavern) to handle. So, the bahro did the only thing they thought was the right thing to do. While not kicking us out of the cavern completely they have made us take the journey again to make sure we did in fact absorb the wisdom that comes from seeking the journey, as yeesha puts it. Also, maybe te DRC is not all upfront about why they are so reluctant to open the city so quickly, maybe they are more in contact with the Bahro then they let on and they are being told to slow down the spreading or we will find ourselves once again at the beginning of the journey yet again, and will continue to be so till we ALL understand the meaning of the journey.

So, how do you guys like it? I just thought of that off the top of my head so it my sound a bit redundant at times LOL but overall, what do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:56 am 

Interesting theory. Seems plausible to me. However, I have a more..sinister theory to consider.

Do you recall what Yeesha says in her message after returning the pillars?

"You have released another of the Least" or something of that nature. By making us take the journey again...that's another Bahro released by each of us. They want more of their own to be in the city. I don't know yet whether this bodes well or ill, but it would definitely explain the increase in the Bahro cries in the city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:12 am 

Just so I have this all straight in my head

Bahro, Least, and Sub-Poor(drc book on classes)

all of these are the same type of people, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

DCJoeDog wrote:

Correct

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:44 pm 

maybe more dramatic than that even - your idea is a good one btw - does make sense - so far they've been mostlly heard but not seen - could this be the way of announcing there imminent domain, could a direct confrontation be not far off - we may be choosing sooner than we think - like any large organization used to control the DRC may be attempting to limit their losses

******* Spoiler*******************

However when you see the bahro at after talking to Yeesha for the last time methinks there where 4 bahro (one for each pole ?) up on the volcano in the riany cleft ?

88888888888888 end spoiler*******************

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
DCJoeDog wrote:

Correct

Actually, I don't think that's quite right. The Bahro and the Least are the same, but the Sub-Poor I think are seperate. Although in the Book Of D'ni the bahro (little case 'b') are indeed sub-poor/slaves of the human variety, the Bahro of the games are non-human creatures apparently enslaved by the D'ni for there ability to link without the need for books. Sub-poor makes it sound like they were the destitute of D'ni. But I could be wrong. If I am, someone will correct me within the next one or two posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:37 am 

The following are all the same:

"Bahro" from Uru and Myst V
"Least" from Yeesha's Uru speeches
"Sub-Low" from DRC notes on class structure (we think)

The following are different from the above:

"Bahro" from Book of D'ni (that was just an oblique reference in a riddle, anyway)
"Low Poor" from DRC notes on class structure. For that matter, so are "High Poor" and all higher classes.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:54 am 
Obduction Backer

The sub-poor are obviously referring to the Bahro, because the DRC translator says that they are referred to as "the least" which is what Yeesha calls the Bahro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:58 am 

There is no sub-poor. There's low-poor and sub-low. It's sub-low that we think is the same as the bahro.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Semantics.

Also I do believe your theory about the Bahro has been invalidated by the DRC, one of whom (I forget which one, possibly Engberg) said that the scream seemed to be an EFFECT of something rather than the CAUSE. A spike in the lattice was detected by Laxman at about the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Maybe Yeesha exploded :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:49 am 
Obduction Backer

macnbc wrote:
Semantics.

Also I do believe your theory about the Bahro has been invalidated by the DRC, one of whom (I forget which one, possibly Engberg) said that the scream seemed to be an EFFECT of something rather than the CAUSE. A spike in the lattice was detected by Laxman at about the same time.

i think who every yeesha talk about in the new intro has something to do with with it.

how did it go, they come, he comes, and i will come as well.

they come (I think thsi is the Bahro)
he comes (I think this is Esher)

now if he came back to D'ni that may liquid the Bharo off and that is why the schrem was heard in all the ages

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:27 am 

MercAngel wrote:
how did it go, they come, he comes, and i will come as well.

they come (I think thsi is the Bahro)
he comes (I think this is Esher)

I think 'he' is the seeder. IMO she isn't referring to a real person but to a legendary character.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide