It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
I'll go out on a limb here and predict that Dr. Kodma is engaged, Dr. Sutherland has a daughter named Cate, and she is engaged to Dr. Kodama. ;) Take it for what it's worth. As for Cate's father - ain't gonna go there.

I'm still voting for Cate as the daughter of Yeesha, lovechild of Yeesha and Calam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:41 pm 

I was even considering that Cate may be a person or creature from another Age (the DRC has confirmed that they have met with sentient creatures). I doubt this is the case, however.

I think Cate is just a new person, a friend of Blake, but not a staff member of Gametap. I predict she's doing some overhaul of the DRC to make them better, leaner, more efficient, and try and keep things in the dark more. I think this is sort of like saying "don't like the old DRC, look what you get now." Interesting to see how this pans out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:42 pm 

Dan'nee wrote:
I'm still voting for Cate as the daughter of Yeesha, lovechild of Yeesha and Calam.

Hey, Yeesha and Calam could have been just as much married as Atrus and Catherine! I don't recall hearing the name of the preacherman who officiated at that ceremony, either. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm fairly sure Cate's the GameTap representative who's ensuring their funding is supporting the DRCs efforts in the best way possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:22 am 

Dan'nee wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:
I'll go out on a limb here and predict that Dr. Kodma is engaged, Dr. Sutherland has a daughter named Cate, and she is engaged to Dr. Kodama. ;) Take it for what it's worth. As for Cate's father - ain't gonna go there.

Then why is she friends with Blake? And how will that be "living in peace?" (See the last line of the words of the watcher)

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:59 am 

Maratanos wrote:
Then why is she friends with Blake? And how will that be "living in peace?" (See the last line of the words of the watcher)

First, why would it be impossible for Yeesha's daughter to leave home, as Yeesha did, and follow her own path? Perhaps a path that brought her into our society, living and making friends among us. If she is the daughter of Yeesha and Calam, she's more than half D'ni, and could easily be a youthful-looking woman of more than 100. Perhaps with her knowledge she was able to make herself wealthy, and is now using that wealth to influence the restoration of her heritage.

Second, where did the Watcher say the daughter of the daughter would live in peace from the moment of her birth? Perhaps the peace is yet to come, after the forthcoming crisis is resolved. Yeesha is a bit long in the tooth to still be fertile now, even if she were a full-blooded D'ni. (See the DRC notebook on the subject.) So, if she has a daughter, that daughter must already exist, and may have existed for quite some time.

I think Dan'nee has quite an interesting and plausible theory here! It may turn out to be wrong, but it certainly isn't silly.