It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:59 am 

Weirga wrote:
She could be keeping her KI in a pocket and only taking it out when she needs it.

...Ankle-KI?

JWPlatt wrote:
So she's Bahro or related to Yeesha.

I get none of that wet-dog Bahro smell, so that leaves Ms. Y.

Last edited by tkwiggins on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:01 am 

silmefea wrote:
One has to wonder what Cate will get out of all of this investment. The kind of outlay it takes to do what the DRC is currently doing is tremendous and the return from explorers is minimal at best. There is something larger here that we are missing.

She's all business and a charity endeavor of this magnitude is REALLY bad business.....The only way we can narrow it down is to find out all we can about her. Where does she get her money? What is her career above ground? Who are her partners?

We are all assuming that Cate is from the corporate world. Is there anything in all the previous logs where she is mentioned that supports this? The reason I ask is - there is one "company" I know of that has deep pockets and doesn't look for immediate return on its "investments". It's known to the world as the United States Government. Note - in the previous logs - where questions are asked about government involvement - there are no replies.

I may be off in left field here - but I work for Uncle Sam and Cate reminds me of some "Feds" I've run into over the years. Quite adept at avoiding answering direct questions. :lol:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:23 pm 

Kero wrote:
It's known to the world as the United States Government. Note - in the previous logs - where questions are asked about government involvement - there are no replies.

I may be off in left field here - but I work for Uncle Sam and Cate reminds me of some "Feds" I've run into over the years. Quite adept at avoiding answering direct questions. :lol:

"Off in left field?" :shock:

No offense, but I would say it's more like you've left the ballpark and drove into the city and scored some LSD and are now tripping in the park! :wink:

I can't, in my wildest imaginings, conceive of the US Gubmint putting any money into a game of any kind - except combat simulations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

jaburg wrote:
I can't, in my wildest imaginings, conceive of the US Gubmint putting any money into a game of any kind - except combat simulations.

Game? :? I believe the subject was investment in the restoration of D'ni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

jaburg wrote:
- except combat simulations.

Exactly! Military use for the D'ni linking technology? Stargates on a smaller scale? Write your own age link into an enemy installation? etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Eleri wrote:
RAWA has already addressed this issue:
Quote:
Yes, it appears that the “special” avatars get flagged as being male, even if they were set up as females before getting their “special” avatar.

And no, it’s not part of the IC story that Cate and Marie are male, so let’s keep these comments in the OOC area. Thanks.

Meanwhile, I guess Cate and Marie are limited to “/me” emotes until that gets fixed.

:p

source

One thing RAWA has noticeably not disclaimed is Cate's lack of KI or Relto book. ;) So she's Bahro or related to Yeesha.

Please, are we being serious or not? I just can't tell...

I think the most likely explanation of no Relto book or KI is an oversight by Cyan - they simply forgot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Please, are we being serious or not? I just can't tell...
Not so much serious as trying to view what's happened as IC rather than OOC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:43 pm 

I don't think Cyan forgot to give her a Relto Book and a KI; their attention to detail is too good for that to happen! She can obviously use the Nexus without one and no one else can, so how to you explain that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lensy wrote:
I don't think Cyan forgot to give her a Relto Book and a KI; their attention to detail is too good for that to happen! She can obviously use the Nexus without one and no one else can, so how to you explain that?

Right -- I don't think that we should look too much into things like this... next we'll have to be coming up with convoluted theories about why, when someone is in the Cavern, they are capable of doing only one dance. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

D'Lanor wrote:
Game? :? I believe the subject was investment in the restoration of D'ni.

Didn't Laxman or Kodama say that the government thinks all of this is a game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lensy wrote:
She can obviously use the Nexus without one and no one else can, so how to you explain that?

Simple: her avatar has been set to grant access to the Nexus, but the actual visual detail of the KI has been omitted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lensy wrote:

Why is it automatically assumed that just because her Relto book and KI are not VISIBLE that it means she doesn't have them? Is there some D'ni law of physics that says you can't have a KI in your pocket? Is there something out there that says that a Relto book couldn't be hidden in a jacket?

Just because she doesn't DISPLAY these things doesn't mean she doesn't have them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very good point, macnbc.

To be honest, although I don't discount them completely, I think theories such as 'She is a Bahro' and even 'she is Yeesha's daughter' are extremely unlikely to have any truth in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:17 pm 

My two cents:

Maybe she's a rep from UNESCO. Their job is to do things like this (this, of course, would be IC. UNESCO would certainly not get involved OOC). The US Government, well, it has deep pockets, but it has over 100 trillion dollars worth of holes in them. Of course, the the debt has never stopped a government before :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:30 pm 

if she didn't have a ki, she'd have to talk to people by voice. the text is via ki, right? isn't it more logical then to assume she has a ki then, than to assume she is a bahro offspring of yeesha in a human suit with a brain implant?

try the easy solution FIRST, folks. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next