It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:32 pm 

tkwiggins wrote:
Weirga wrote:
She could be keeping her KI in a pocket and only taking it out when she needs it.

...Ankle-KI?

Now I'm imagining her trying to register a new Nexus link by sticking her foot in the terminal. *snork* :lol:

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

You can't see her KI, but that doesn't mean that she doesn't have one. As for her Relto book... the DRC don't wear Relto books either, but they do have them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:22 pm 

jaburg wrote:
"Off in left field?" :shock:

No offense, but I would say it's more like you've left the ballpark and drove into the city and scored some LSD and are now tripping in the park! :wink:

I can't, in my wildest imaginings, conceive of the US Gubmint putting any money into a game of any kind - except combat simulations.

I was quoting remarks obviously made IC. Thus mine were made in the same vain - IC. Had we been speaking OOC- about a backer of the game itself - then I would not have mentioned the US Government.

IC - I still think Uncle Sam could be a major financial backer of the DRC. The Linking technology alone would have many Departments drooling.

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:35 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

macnbc wrote:
Why is it automatically assumed that just because her Relto book and KI are not VISIBLE that it means she doesn't have them?

Okay, because Cyan wants us to notice and discuss their conspicuous absense as part of the storyline. The hypothesis is that it is intentional. Taken to be true, where does it lead us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:41 pm 

Sosiqui wrote:
tkwiggins wrote:
Weirga wrote:
She could be keeping her KI in a pocket and only taking it out when she needs it.

...Ankle-KI?

Now I'm imagining her trying to register a new Nexus link by sticking her foot in the terminal. *snork* :lol:

bwahahahahahaha, thats awesome. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:21 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Firesign wrote:
Sosiqui wrote:
tkwiggins wrote:
Weirga wrote:

...Ankle-KI?

bwahahahahahaha, thats awesome. :D

She sticks her left foot in
She sticks her left foot out
She pulls her KI off
And she hurls it at the crowd
It's U-RU Hokey Pokey and she forces Laxman out
Cate's acquired all the clout!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:24 pm 

Your a Poet and didnt know it!

thats pretty funny though :)

Uru Obsession Bevin
Heek Player

"Heek or go home!" -Mole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:38 am 

I never said that Cate had corporate backing, I called her backing into question and pointed out that she is all business and that it is bad business to shell out that much cake without being able to turn a profit.

The idea that the government thinks this is a game may be a ruse to hide their interest.

As for the KI thing, how many times has she been seen IC? Has she EVER had a KI? If not, the oversight would have been taken care of after the first visit. The outfits she wears are not simply slapped together willy-nilly. Does anyone here have any outfits like hers? Someone who takes that much care with their appearance does not simply forget something like a KI and linking book. Besides, if they were in her pockets you would see the bulges.

How many other members of the DRC have been seen without KIs? In fact, how many people have EVER been seen sans KI? Who are they? I'll bet that their lack of KIs was no accident.

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:46 am 

Here is a post of her appearance on 3 January 2007. If you scroll down to the third post by D'Lanor you will find a pic of her with Michael Engberg, Victor Laxman and Dr. Kodama Please note that while none of the staff have Relto books, only Cate is sans KI. A very similar discussion to this one ensued.

http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5195

-Silmefea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:51 am 
Obduction Backer

silmefea wrote:
Please note that while none of the staff have Relto books, only Cate is sans KI. A very similar discussion to this one ensued.

It is certainly interesting to note that none of the DRC have Relto books. At least that rules out weird theories like "she is a Bahro".

As for the KI, I still don't see why it can't be in a pocket! And no, silmefea, it wouldn't necessarily bulge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:56 am 

Islander wrote:
silmefea wrote:
Please note that while none of the staff have Relto books, only Cate is sans KI. A very similar discussion to this one ensued.

It is certainly interesting to note that none of the DRC have Relto books. At least that rules out weird theories like "she is a Bahro".

As for the KI, I still don't see why it can't be in a pocket! And no, silmefea, it wouldn't necessarily bulge.

Maybe not, but she would be the only person who can actually take it off and put it anywhere. You cannot type into a KI if it is not at least in your hand. Hers is not and yet she types...

-Silmefea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:58 am 

Islander wrote:
silmefea wrote:

In that vein...

I'd never wear my Relto book hanging from my belt like that if I had a choice. I'd keep it in a vest with many pockets. In an inside pocket. Would you want all that ink running in a waterfall? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:59 am 

silmefea wrote:
Maybe not, but she would be the only person who can actually take it off and put it anywhere. You cannot type into a KI if it is not at least in your hand. Hers is not and yet she types...

I think we're supposed to act like the chatting is actually spoken out loud, and not done via KI. Otherwise, it's pretty darn silly to have a bunch of explorers standing in a circle, typing out little messages to each other on their wristwatches.

One of the reasons I really like the voice chat. It feels more IC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:01 am 

EtoilePB wrote:
Islander wrote:
silmefea wrote:

In that vein...

I'd never wear my Relto book hanging from my belt like that if I had a choice. I'd keep it in a vest with many pockets. In an inside pocket. Would you want all that ink running in a waterfall? :shock:

I have seen no evidence that the ink used for writing linking books will run if it gets wet or in fact that water will in any way damage the books. Having run through waterfalls many times, I can honestly say that my linking book still works perfectly.

-Silmefea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:05 am 

Weirga wrote:
silmefea wrote:

I think we're supposed to act like the chatting is actually spoken out loud, and not done via KI. Otherwise, it's pretty darn silly to have a bunch of explorers standing in a circle, typing out little messages to each other on their wristwatches.

One of the reasons I really like the voice chat. It feels more IC.

I actually do not believe this to be the case. Since there is a book about KI use IC that includes how to type messages. I think that the sounds IC are so fragile, the atmosphere so calm and peaceful, that many explorers are loathe to shatter the silence with words, choosing instead to IM each other.

-Silmefea

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next