It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
I'm always prepared to apologise if I'm wrong.

What I would like to know is - bearing in mind that we know it's another garden age multiplayer puzzle - where are you expecting to see it?

If it were me, I'd add another pillar in that book room in the Neighborhood. Give everybody an extra Age.

Unless they really were close to figuring out what they initially planned, they just needed a few bug fixes, then I might expect to see it in some, but not all Hoods, like initially planned.

Nick said that the temporary bridge should be in place soon. And I think he said there's some good stuff in the Museum, so I'd guess another good place to put it would be in the Museum or the Library, but that might be less likely.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm always prepared to apologize when I'm proven wrong. (It happens more than you'd think. ;) )

Post subject: For Newish folks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:09 pm 

After reading the chat log I decided to put this up on the drc forum for the newish folks the don't yet know how slippery the DRC is on some topics.

Warning leads to the DRC off topic section
[spoiler]
http://www.drcsite.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1715
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm with Rusty on this one, I reckon they'll take some of the Delin books away and replace them with Tsogahl books. Which is fine with me I'm happy to have our book switched in the DJC hood (this doesn't mean I do not like Delin cause I do but we don't mind what book we have).

I would hope that the DRC doesn't put both books in the hood, takes away the discovery/exploration and actually getting out and visiting some of the other hoods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Having a Delin book in some Bevins and a Tsogahl book in others would be more in the spirit of multiplayer Ages. You'd have to travel more, meet more people, and ask people which book their neighborhood had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:04 pm 

Tweek wrote:
I'm with Rusty on this one, I reckon they'll take some of the Delin books away and replace them with Tsogahl books.

I agree that this is the most likely possibility.

The problem I have is when people state such things as fact, without any kind of disclaimer. It causes confusion, especially when there is a DRC message sitting in our KIs saying that no decision has been made on how the book will be distributed. It looks like the poster has obtained additional official information that has not yet become generally known, and causes needless excitement, as well as numerous needless posts asking for the (non-existent) source of the information. Blood pressure starts to rise and tempers flare.

How hard is it to prefix statements of opinion with a couple of simple words, such as "I think" or "I believe"? That would prevent the whole cycle of accusations and recriminations right from the start. If you aren't repeating something that has been said officially, then just don't state it as fact, no matter how certain you are that you will be proved correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

On the basis of the second KImail - all Delins could be swapped for Tsogahl. There's nothing to say that it won't be in the 'hood though. I don't know where else a garden age multiplayer puzzle can go. Do you?

Besides - we probably do know already that it's going to be on a 'hood pedestal. It was briefly when the initial rollout to Delin went wrong.

Tsogahl already

Last edited by Rusty_Russell on Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:33 pm 

Hah. I noticed the Patriots were playing in a championship game (I don't care beans for football) and had to pay a little bit of attention just because of Sharper. Interesting that he'll be coming back... I never got to encounter him the first time around.

I wonder if he'll be coming back in an official capacity...

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:33 pm 

is it totally out of the realm of possibility that tsogal might appear as a page in the book that already contains delin? that would seem to be the easiest solution. or possibly a tsogal book on a pedestal in delin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think it's too late for that, Firesign. Since it's already appeared on a 'hood pedestal, that's a part of the released game code, just awaiting a switch. I doubt Cyan would have time to redesign, code and test before 15th February.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:33 pm 

Quote:
(01/25 23:45:45) Nick White: I think Sharper wants to make sure if he comes down he's not coming into a hornet's nest.

Doesn't this statement seem just a little ironic? I wish someone had asked Nick to elaboate on this.