It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Gah, forums errors. :cry:

Oh wait, coming soon? Yay! somethings different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:03 am 
Obduction Backer

The DRCsite's being updated? I believe it's about time too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:27 am 

w00t! looking foward to looking at it when its finnished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

If it's going to become white and light blue and webtwodotnull I think I'm going to cry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:40 pm 

Can anyone spell "long time overdue"? Hopefully this signals the start of more consistent DRC activity, (i.e., ramping up the persistent story).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Calam wrote:
Islander wrote:
Calam wrote:
The Great Ones have heard the desperate cry of the underlings! We shall recieve that for which we ask!

:shock:

Well, err, after that little trip to Middle Earth, my point'll sound puny ( :lol: ). Ah well:

Middle Earth? Yeah, I guess you could call D'ni Middle Earth...it's in the middle of the earth, after all... Well, not quite the middle...more like the outer-middle...actually, more of the upper-lip...

I can't tell if you're serious or not, so... By "Middle Earth" he's referencing Lord of the Rings.

Yay! New DRC Site! Personally, I think it should be up by now. They should have been developing it on the side and just switch it in there, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they might need up to 48 hours for new IP Addresses to filter through the servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:13 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Ian Atrus wrote:
If it's going to become white and light blue and webtwodotnull I think I'm going to cry.

Shall we reorganize the Color Choices Rebelion just to be prepared for the eventuality of poor taste (in our humble opinion, of course)? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just liked the old tan-red-black color scheme; it had an "Indiana Jones" feel to it that was very appropriate to the idea of an underground adventure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:40 pm 

Well,i can't wait to see the new drc site.Even the "coming soon" cyan worlds did looking cool! :wink:

Last edited by ThedStranger on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:51 pm 

The stranger wrote:
Well,i cn't wait to see the new drc site.Even the "coming soon" cyan worlds did looking cool! :wink:

And "coming soon" pages can live very long - lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:00 pm 

Dan'nee wrote:
Calam wrote:
Islander wrote:
Calam wrote:
The Great Ones have heard the desperate cry of the underlings! We shall recieve that for which we ask!

:shock:

Well, err, after that little trip to Middle Earth, my point'll sound puny ( :lol: ). Ah well:

Middle Earth? Yeah, I guess you could call D'ni Middle Earth...it's in the middle of the earth, after all... Well, not quite the middle...more like the outer-middle...actually, more of the upper-lip...

I can't tell if you're serious or not, so... By "Middle Earth" he's referencing Lord of the Rings.

I know. I forgot to put a :wink: at the end of the sentence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:04 pm 

Ian Atrus wrote:

I like it better. It needs to be different from the MOUL site. The MOUL site already has the 'cavern torch-lighty Indy Jones' feel to it. The DRC site needs to have something else.

If the 'coming soon' banner is any indication of what it's going to look like, then I'm thrilled. It's more of a proffesional, modern, clean look. The original site was proffesional, but it certainly wasn't modern or clean.

Personally, if I had no idea what Myst or Uru Live was, and I stumbled on that site, reading about the DRC- I'd have to second-guess whether or not I'm insane, or it's actually real :wink: . The clean, pro look really propels that preconception forward. I think it will make people take the DRC site more seriously.

Now, of course, I fully expect people to cry about it. There's always someone. But sometimes we think we don't like something just because it's different. I say, before we start another complain-o fest like the one that appeared when the MOUL site went up, give it a chance- then if you still don't like it, make suggestions for improvement. Don't just whine.

/me gets off his soapbox...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

As someone posted on the UO forums, I think a sterile blue/white color scheme would be very in-character for the DRC right now, as it would reflect their new "corporate" nature with Cate vs. their previous "adventurous academic" one with Watson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:44 pm 

Now of course the question is... when will it be back up? Let's hope it goes back up before the 15th! :shock:

Cyan clarification?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:44 pm 

Whilyam wrote:
Now of course the question is... when will it be back up? Let's hope it goes back up before the 15th! :shock:

Cyan clarification?

I'm guessing 4 days.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next