It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:02 am

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:36 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:58 pm
Posts: 2023
Location: The Netherlands
Ian Atrus wrote:
If it's going to become white and light blue and webtwodotnull I think I'm going to cry.

Better webtwodotnull than Flash ... I think. :)

I can't wait to see the new site! :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:21 am
Posts: 1224
The new blue design is just fine.


Mostly.


Sort of.


A bit.

Aw, who am I kidding? Please bring back the Lake water orange-themed humble archaeological site!

*Grumble* *Grumble* Cate... *Grumble* *Grumble*...

_________________
KI #00072427[Kedry]
Image
"Conjecture is not fact, and opinion is not fact, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true." - Shaun Lyon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3131
Location: Tomahna
ooh interesting development there! ;)

/me hopes it's a Flash site like this one! :D

_________________
"The Ending has not yet been written" - Yeesha in Tomahna!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 216
I think that we should wait until the site is available and we see what it's like before we start speculating about what's wrong with it. Remember the hoo-rah about instancing? That didn't turn out too bad. Give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

_________________
Gregory Weir
Gregory - 00190725
http://ludusnovus.net


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:10 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:17 am
Posts: 2848
Location: Hilo, I wish...
Dan'nee wrote:
Calam wrote:
Islander wrote:
Calam wrote:
The Great Ones have heard the desperate cry of the underlings! We shall recieve that for which we ask!

:shock:

Well, err, after that little trip to Middle Earth, my point'll sound puny ( :lol: ). Ah well:


Middle Earth? Yeah, I guess you could call D'ni Middle Earth...it's in the middle of the earth, after all... Well, not quite the middle...more like the outer-middle...actually, more of the upper-lip...


I can't tell if you're serious or not, so... By "Middle Earth" he's referencing Lord of the Rings.


Now, that is a linking book I would give anything to find! :D

Ian Atrus wrote:
If it's going to become white and light blue and webtwodotnull I think I'm going to cry.


Well, that would be very fresh and creative and original. :roll: Would really set it apart, don't you think?

_________________
Explorer at large

:)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:21 am
Posts: 1224
Oddly enough, Cyan has commented on the middle earth linking book:

GreyDragon wrote:
...One other thing, don’t base your ideas on other peoples IP’S (Example: Lord of the Rings World in Uru) While cool to think about. Be original...

Post

Interpret this as you will, folks... :?:

_________________
KI #00072427[Kedry]
Image
"Conjecture is not fact, and opinion is not fact, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true." - Shaun Lyon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:56 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Posts: 2232
Location: Italy
Kerryth wrote:
Now, that is a linking book I would give anything to find! :D


But you have it: Middle-earth is Eurasia, just a lot of time ago. ;)

_________________
Atrus aka Nahvah aka Ian Pertwee aka too many darn names :D
KI# 52953


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:03 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:17 am
Posts: 2848
Location: Hilo, I wish...
Kedri wrote:
Oddly enough, Cyan has commented on the middle earth linking book:

GreyDragon wrote:
...One other thing, don’t base your ideas on other peoples IP’S (Example: Lord of the Rings World in Uru) While cool to think about. Be original...

Post

Interpret this as you will, folks... :?:


Not in the least odd. :) Of course they can't. This has not stopped me from looking for that particular linking book since 1966 - long before there ever was a Myst or Uru. :wink:

_________________
Explorer at large

:)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 3933
Location: Not Canada
TomahnaGuy wrote:
ooh interesting development there! ;)

/me hopes it's a Flash site like this one! :D


/me hopes NOT! Flash sites don't mix well with multi-tabbing... :(

_________________
For cowards die a thousand deaths, while heros die but one.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:12 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:18 pm
Posts: 722
Maratanos wrote:
TomahnaGuy wrote:
ooh interesting development there! ;)

/me hopes it's a Flash site like this one! :D


/me hopes NOT! Flash sites don't mix well with multi-tabbing... :(


I second that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 3:54 am
Posts: 1816
Location: Right behind you.
Dan'nee wrote:
Maratanos wrote:
TomahnaGuy wrote:
ooh interesting development there! ;)

/me hopes it's a Flash site like this one! :D


/me hopes NOT! Flash sites don't mix well with multi-tabbing... :(


I second that.


I don't want flash for that reason, plus the fact that it wouldn't fit the DRC motif- it's not supposed to be 'gamey', it's supposed to look professional and serious. Flash would look 'ok', but there are also the annoying technical issues to consider as well.

_________________
I miss my old signature.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:08 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:29 pm
Posts: 1284
Location: UK
And I...

TomahnaGuy wrote:
ooh interesting development there! ;)

/me hopes it's a Flash site like this one! :D

...second that.

Flash is lovely.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 3933
Location: Not Canada
Islander wrote:
And I...

TomahnaGuy wrote:
ooh interesting development there! ;)

/me hopes it's a Flash site like this one! :D

...second that.

Flash is lovely.


Look, folks, flash may be lovely (which I may or may not even agree with), but have you seen a SINGLE archaeological (or even traditional business (think Cate)) site using flash extensively? No, you haven't. Because that's just not what is DONE in such contexts. However, given the structure of the live-support system that bears similarities in look to the new site, I bet it'll be based on PHP.

Don't hang me if I'm wrong.

_________________
For cowards die a thousand deaths, while heros die but one.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 4:34 pm
Posts: 347
Location: Northern California
Flash, PHP, whatever..

I just hope it's *good*!

_________________
Image Hippie in a Pimp Hat
Join the Forces of the Rebellion
Feel the power of the Light Side


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 3:54 am
Posts: 1816
Location: Right behind you.
Quote:
but have you seen a SINGLE archaeological (or even traditional business (think Cate)) site using flash extensively? No, you haven't. Because that's just not what is DONE in such contexts.


Exactly.

_________________
I miss my old signature.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: