It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:26 pm 

You're right, my use of the word "impose" was not warranted. You certainly did not try to force your view on others. You did, however, make it quite clear that we/me were "wrong" in our reaction. My point is, how do you make that judgement? Calling us names and saying we're "wrong" will accomplish about as much as an outburst at Cate's announcement. Again, I submit, we simply have differing views. And like many things of this nature, I don't believe either of us is in a position to call the other "wrong." (There are things on which I would say there is a definate right/wrong but this certainly isn't one of them and is of course a discussion for a completely different forum.)
Let me reiterate, had I felt the removal of the forums was a "bad" thing, I would have voiced that. If Cate ever does anything to directly damage the DRC, you'll get an earful from me. On this issue, I had nothing to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:51 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
OOC:

Cyan,

I must protest this despicable holding hostage by a storyline of our DRCSite.org Real Life discussions. I can't tell you how deeply offensive this is. How utterly unacceptable this is. How abusive and inappropriate and irresponsible it is to take our Real Life contributions as so much fodder for your fiction. My words are all I have; all that I am in this community you have created. We put a lot of ourselves in the history of those discussions for over a year while Uru Live went from a flicker of hope to a full launch. Frankly, you have eradicated any will I have to invest myself further in such creative and time-consuming discussions as I begin to realize just how little compunction you have about taking our Real Life efforts from us in a misguided plot device.

I intensely resent the real life and duplicitous game you are playing with what we have unwittingly handed to you to keep for storyline ransom. I guess I must revise my habits to avoid this mistake from happening again by putting such creative energy into things you can't use for your own leverage. I refuse to waste my time giving you the tools to manipulate me in Real Life. I refuse to hand you a weapon to use against any of us.

You might know what's going to happen. You might know that with a little effort, we will regain what we innocently handed you. You might know everything will be okay next week if we just have a sit-in on the Ae'gura steps for a day or two. But we don't know, and it gives me a great sense of loss and hurt, and it appears you think that's okay because maybe, as the saying goes, the end justifies the means. It's a bad thing you've done at our expense. You might have the legal right to anything we give you here, but it's just plain immoral to do what you are doing with it. This insertion of the storyline into our Real Life is absurd.

You have gone too far in this Real Life maneuver. Play your games in the Cavern. Not with our real lives. Hold your own words and creativity and efforts hostage, but not mine. You have either thrown away a year of our contributions with complete disregard, or are dishonorably using what we've given you against us. Either way, it's an outrageously disgusting thing to do.

Good... lord... god... It's just... a forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:52 pm 

Toh'mas wrote:
You did, however, make it quite clear that we/me were "wrong" in our reaction. My point is, how do you make that judgement?

Very easily, if I may say so.

Alright, I'll have to put you on the list of "folks to be absolutely certain not to offend, and whom should not be counted upon to help advance our understanding of matters seen and unseen." Did you forget the lesson of Teledahn? :lol: But I am serious, I will try to be more accomodating for you in the future while still pursuing my (hopefully transparent) agenda.

Actually, I think my latest response in another thread sums it up. The failure to do things in a way that people would find acceptable is very unsettling. Cate knows what a website is, she should use it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:55 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Maztec, the insertion of the storyline into holding our real words hostage is what I find offensive.

Next thing you know, Cyan's going to be sending us somtimes-y's in the mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:56 pm 

Snail- or e- variety? Path of the Shell, after all...hey, it does make a (limited) sort of sense, doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:05 pm 

If you were in the City a while ago, Michael was there. He thinks the forums should be back. Cate is under the impression that we don't care so tell her you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:06 pm 

Quote:
Snail- or e- variety? Path of the Shell, after all...hey, it does make a (limited) sort of sense, doesn't it?

*A dvd just slid under your door. You walk up to it. Curiously, you find it stained with ink. Fine dropplets appear splattered across the smooth rainbowed serface. You smear them off, but you can't shake the feelings of dread that remain. Trembling now, your ink stained hand places the DVD in your computer's tray and closes it.

The image of your posts, sobbing and upset, appear on the screen.

"If you ever want to see me again, you'll... ha... harass Cate Alexander at every availa... av... available opertunity...... oh go... oh god cyan... please no! Please no! PLEASE NOT AGAIN!"

The image winks to black.*

In other words... It's just a forum.

EDIT: Toh'mas, I think you're being too touchy. Ed obviously means, meant, and will mean you no harm.

Post subject: Archive Site?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:31 pm 

What if Cyan posted the old DRC forum as an archive piece? Then it would not cross the IC/OOC line re the new site, but would still be available as an info resource for people who want to delve...

I am less concerned with the past than others, I realize in reading this - to me, the forums are like a newspaper - what's happening this day, this week - I don't read old newspapers other than 9/11 editions or the day of the moonwalk, you know?

But then, I have not spent the writing time that others have, and I know that to see that go away can hurt deeply. Just like the people that experienced pain over the closing of the shards.

Transitions are always hard. This is made a little harder by IC/OOC issues. hard to tell when people are being thoughtless and when they are being exactly what you'd expect them to be (e.g., Cate).

"Let's pretend it's not," said Rabbit, "and let's see what happens."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:32 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Whilyam wrote:
Cate is under the impression that we don't care so tell her you do.

When? Where? Does she have a schedule? How much of my time should I spend there hoping she wanders by? Right now, I'd enjoy a little confrontation. But I doubt she and the crowd could handle it.

Tell her to read it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:51 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Whilyam wrote:
Cate is under the impression that we don't care so tell her you do.

When? Where? Does she have a schedule? How much of my time should I spend there hoping she wanders by? Right now, I'd enjoy a little confrontation. But I doubt she and the crowd could handle it.

Don't know. Don't care. Doubt it. As much as you want, it'd be better than sitting here griping about it. Good for you. I doubt it too.

Considering this is an OOC forum, I don't think she will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:28 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Whilyam wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:

Considering this is an OOC forum, I don't think she will.

Well, I would post it to the DRC forums, but...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow. Week in, week out, this community seems to have some sort of breakdown, but this one's one of the most rediculous, petty and pointless ones yet. Congrats, all involved ;).

Might I just point out the it would appear that Michael is against the closure of the forums, from which it could be guessed that they may be on their way back, in time?

Of course, because some are far, far, far too quick to criticise like mad, you wouldn't have known this.

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:35 am 

Here's a direct quote from GD in the UO hood now:

Quote:
I think the story will kick in as soon as people start trying to change the story.

So get changing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:57 am 
Obduction Backer

That's throwing the gauntlet if I've ever seen it. Cool!
:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Marten wrote:
That's throwing the gauntlet if I've ever seen it. Cool!
:twisted:

Quite. :)

The only way this whole thing ever made sense was as a direct challenge.

My take is that things are not all sweetness and light between Ms. Cate and at least some of the DRC... :wink:

:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next