All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Ragdrazi wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:
OOC:

Cyan,

I must protest this despicable holding hostage by a storyline of our DRCSite.org Real Life discussions. I can't tell you how deeply offensive this is. How utterly unacceptable this is. How abusive and inappropriate and irresponsible it is to take our Real Life contributions as so much fodder for your fiction. My words are all I have; all that I am in this community you have created. We put a lot of ourselves in the history of those discussions for over a year while Uru Live went from a flicker of hope to a full launch. Frankly, you have eradicated any will I have to invest myself further in such creative and time-consuming discussions as I begin to realize just how little compunction you have about taking our Real Life efforts from us in a misguided plot device.

I intensely resent the real life and duplicitous game you are playing with what we have unwittingly handed to you to keep for storyline ransom. I guess I must revise my habits to avoid this mistake from happening again by putting such creative energy into things you can't use for your own leverage. I refuse to waste my time giving you the tools to manipulate me in Real Life. I refuse to hand you a weapon to use against any of us.

You might know what's going to happen. You might know that with a little effort, we will regain what we innocently handed you. You might know everything will be okay next week if we just have a sit-in on the Ae'gura steps for a day or two. But we don't know, and it gives me a great sense of loss and hurt, and it appears you think that's okay because maybe, as the saying goes, the end justifies the means. It's a bad thing you've done at our expense. You might have the legal right to anything we give you here, but it's just plain immoral to do what you are doing with it. This insertion of the storyline into our Real Life is absurd.

You have gone too far in this Real Life maneuver. Play your games in the Cavern. Not with our real lives. Hold your own words and creativity and efforts hostage, but not mine. You have either thrown away a year of our contributions with complete disregard, or are dishonorably using what we've given you against us. Either way, it's an outrageously disgusting thing to do.

Good... lord... god... It's just... a forum!

Thank you, Ragdrazi! After reading through this thread, it seems to me people are far too worried about something like this.

I doubt the forums are gone for good, but if they are, so what? Is it really worth people being rude to each other? Don't we have enough of that outside Uru?

In short, may I ask that we all please play nice? :D

KI#00149165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:54 am 

:roll:

How quickly this becomes tiresome. Rag, I know Ed doesn't "intend me harm." How you came to the conclusion that I felt that is beyond me. As I stated in my second post, we simply have a difference of opinion.

Ed, don't feel you need to treat me with kid gloves. I'd have to categorize your response as passive aggressively condescending.

It amazes me how many fallacial arguments are made here on a daily basis. This is begging the question in it's most simplistic form.

Taking away the DRC forums was wrong!
Why?
Because it is wrong to take away the DRC forums.

Yet again, I submit, that this is simply an issue of opinion. For this topic, there is no right and wrong. This isn't a moral issue. (Whew, that could get me in to trouble. :P ) Yes, I'll admit, I was slightly offended that I was labeled a "throw rug" simply because I didn't agree with you on the issue. This doesn't mean I'm holding a life-long grudge.

That being said, if what Mr. Engberg said was true, it was foolish of Ms. Alexander to think that getting a reading on 20 people at a random time in the cavern was indicative of the whole. With a community as large as this, that just isn't statistically valid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:38 am 

Toh'mas wrote:
How quickly this becomes tiresome. Rag, I know Ed doesn't "intend me harm." How you came to the conclusion that I felt that is beyond me. As I stated in my second post, we simply have a difference of opinion.

Ed, don't feel you need to treat me with kid gloves. I'd have to categorize your response as passive aggressively condescending.

The point here is that as long as the both of us keep going on like this, people are going to think we're nutters and we will look ridiculous. I propose we forget about the whole mess and move onto some other topic.

I am also pretty much over the whole DRC thing. I don't have any tie to the DRC Forums (not that I'm aware of); I don't begrudge anybody the chance to save their old conversations, but the question is also in part one of money and economics. If resources are spent on maintaining another Forum which thus cannot be put towards reconstruction, we haven't really gained much (in fact, we arguably have lost).

I join in with Toh'mas and others in calling for people to consider WHY it is that they want the DRC Forums restored. Wouldn't it be best to have the DRC Forums backlog moved to another server, perhaps?

Last edited by Ed Oscuro on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:40 am 

Good point and agreed.

Toh'mas (who always knew he was "nutters")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:42 am 

Oops - I updated the post with more after you replied. A bit more that we agree on, then :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:02 am 

Toh'mas wrote:

It's what you were giving off. Sorry if I was wrong. /shrug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:29 pm 

Toh'mas wrote:
Why?

Because the DRC site is a valuable source of information on the restoration process. Because many posts are (we hope) still there with information, clarifications, and sources that are not available elsewhere. Because it was a central area where explorers could come and discuss (OOC: Because it was the only official IC forum). Because it was the place many came to to discuss the actions of the DRC.

And yes, because it's wrong to rip out a forum for such a pathetic, idiotic, and worthless excuse as the one provided by Engberg on behalf of Alexander. If the most impressive person her Underground Ventures can produce is this moron with the tact for public relations of a rotten melon, then I am hardly impressed.

Are those enough reasons for you? Or do I need to find more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Whilyam wrote:
Toh'mas wrote:
Why?

Because the DRC site is a valuable source of information on the restoration process. Because many posts are (we hope) still there with information, clarifications, and sources that are not available elsewhere. Because it was a central area where explorers could come and discuss (OOC: Because it was the only official IC forum). Because it was the place many came to to discuss the actions of the DRC.

And yes, because it's wrong to rip out a forum for such a pathetic, idiotic, and worthless excuse as the one provided by Engberg on behalf of Alexander. If the most impressive person her Underground Ventures can produce is this moron with the tact for public relations of a rotten melon, then I am hardly impressed.

Are those enough reasons for you? Or do I need to find more?

This post is a prime example of why the DRC are not reopening the DRC forums to the explorers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:37 pm 

Here here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:58 pm 

Whilyam wrote:
If the most impressive person her Underground Ventures can produce is this moron with the tact for public relations of a rotten melon, then I am hardly impressed.

She founded it; shouldn't be a surprise that she wears many hats (so to speak) in the organization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:24 pm 

Arnium wrote:
This post is a prime example of why the DRC are not reopening the DRC forums to the explorers.

I have a strong opinion on this. The DRC forums were almost my second home. Yes, there were arguments, but those need to be solved with actual moderation, not total annihilation. I don't want that forum to be a morass or anger and bad tempers any more than anyone else, but the solution is not to destroy the forum and all the GOOD posts that were there.