It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Third Party
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

mszv wrote:
...I'm interested in most in how the story affects me...

There's plenty of us that have gone from Myst to POTS, were in Prologue, might have even dabbled in UU. We have enjoyed every minute of the experience. We're looking forward to the future, which will include some more political sniping between the two parties.

We're kinda the backseaters, you know? Watching the game and waiting to take sides because we're not really won over by either party. We kinda slip and slide back and forth when the turns are sharp. We're not lazy, we're just the great unwashed. We read with interest the journals, know a good bit of the history, and follow the forums. I like to be called independent, and there are a few Hoods that have just that kind of mission statement.

I don't know about others, but I'm ready for a third party with a little more independence. Is there one out there? The liaisons always had a good feel about them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:01 pm 

Sorry, was this intended to be its own topic? If so, could you provide the link to mszv's post?

By the way, though, I agree. I really haven't strongly taken a side, simply because I think we're artifically creating sides when they're not necessary. Yeesha and the DRC and Cate can get along. I see no reason to believe that they are not in fact doing so. So I maintain that taking sides with one of those groups in attacking the others is doing a disservice to those who are actually a part of those groups and getting along fine.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

"Yeesha and the DRC and Cate can get along. I see no reason to believe that they are not in fact doing so."

In the recent DRC press release, Dr. Kodama was quoted: “Cate will drive this train and if you don't like it, I suggest you get off now.”

That sure sounds like *someone* isn't getting along with Cate. :)

But I agree that everybody is currently pulling in the same direction. Nobody's asked me to take sides, either in word or in action. And I don't think conflict is inevitable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:03 am 

Maratanos wrote:
I really haven't strongly taken a side, simply because I think we're artifically creating sides when they're not necessary. Yeesha and the DRC and Cate can get along. I see no reason to believe that they are not in fact doing so. So I maintain that taking sides with one of those groups in attacking the others is doing a disservice to those who are actually a part of those groups and getting along fine.

Good points Maratanos. Readers of this thread may be interested in the "Manufactured Divisions" thread on the DRC site. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:18 am 

belford wrote:
"Yeesha and the DRC and Cate can get along. I see no reason to believe that they are not in fact doing so."

In the recent DRC press release, Dr. Kodama was quoted: “Cate will drive this train and if you don't like it, I suggest you get off now.”

That sure sounds like *someone* isn't getting along with Cate. :)

Yes. It's just US... (well, some of us) :roll:

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Maratanos wrote:
Sorry, was this intended to be its own topic? If so, could you provide the link to mszv's post?
click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:25 am 
Obduction Backer

I hope this doesn't sound selfish, but if I had a "side" (I don't), my side would be - the side that gets me access to the most ages and the most stuff! I like exploring and collecting things. My relto is still pretty sparse.

I'm also not into conflict in an online game, but that's me. Some people (and they can be nice sweet kind people) really like PvP (player vs player) games/combat/conflict. I just can't do that. I come to Uru to relax. Yup, I admit it - maybe I'm boring. I really don't want to pick a side - I want everyone to be able to do their thing.

Last edited by mszv on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:34 am 

Following what mszv said, here is why I play and like Myst Online : Uru Live...using my modified movie rant (guess which :wink: ) I've posted on my other MMO Guild forums....

“I don't want to fight anything, craft anything, or quest in anyway anymore to level in an MMORPG. I don't want to craft anything with an item that has been dropped or skinned from a kill, kill anything that’s hunted or quested for, or quest for any item that needs to be dropped from a kill to be used in crafting or leveling. Or be involved in Raid or PvP groups for an item that involves killing and waiting for a rare drop for use in crafting or for use as a racial/class item, y'know? As an MMORPG player I don't want to do that. So, some of my friends are in the LOTR beta, and they want me to join, but I can't play any more games from that corporation. So, what I've been doing lately solving puzzles…”

:wink: