It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:37 am 
Obduction Backer

Tuesday? Please? :) Or Thursday, Thursdays good. Monday? Monday is good! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:32 am 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Actually, Zenguy... I hope that Sosiqui will postpone it until internationals can get in as well. Next Wednesday instead?

Sosiqui wrote:
Hi all,

It looks like I am going to have to postpone the event... this morning shortly after making my posts here my computer started having serious problems. Right now my soundcard keeps randomly failing, and without a sound card detected, GameTap and therefore Uru Live won't start.

I'm working on a fix but suffice to say I'd like to postpone this until next week. :( My apologies for the delay. *kicks computer*

Wow - now that's power! You're not related to Yeesha by any chance are you Rusty ;)

Zen KI# 55764

Post subject: That's alright, Sosi...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:34 am 

No prob... Sosi :cry:

I'll send a little wizard dust your way :) We'll get that dang blasted sound card up in running in no time...

by the way... I'll be on the road to a new job down south next week, but should still be able to get online in the evenings... sorry, the old wizard's got an assignment with one of the Southern Chieftan's of the Moiety for about a three month contract. All that old equipment leftover from the broken Ages... :)

But if I can help in the evenings let me know... anytime after 20:00 hours cavern time... otherwise you can use the Bevin and I'll add you to my vistor invites and you'll need to assign someone to the task of keeping the Nexus private/public punching up every hour or so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:15 pm 

Zenguy wrote:
Rusty_Russell wrote:
Actually, Zenguy... I hope that Sosiqui will postpone it until internationals can get in as well. Next Wednesday instead?

Sosiqui wrote:
Hi all,

It looks like I am going to have to postpone the event... this morning shortly after making my posts here my computer started having serious problems. Right now my soundcard keeps randomly failing, and without a sound card detected, GameTap and therefore Uru Live won't start.

I'm working on a fix but suffice to say I'd like to postpone this until next week. :( My apologies for the delay. *kicks computer*

Wow - now that's power! You're not related to Yeesha by any chance are you Rusty ;)

>| Hey! :lol:

My sound card seeeeeeems to be fixed now, after concerted troubleshooting for literally eight hours yesterday. *bangs head on desk*

But, yeah. We'll do this next week for the internationals, and 'cause it's obviously kinda too late to organize something for today. At least I'll be ready to play for Launch tomorrow! I was so worried about that.

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sosiqui, do you know what day the next attempt will be on? I am hoping you can let the word out well in advance, so that I and perhaps others, can attempt to plan ahead and make arrangements, if possible, to be there, even if on a Wednesday. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

I would love to be in on this, if I can make it to the Cavern at the appointed time! This idea is tons more appealing to me personally than the DRC/Cate confrontation themes. Yeesha holds the mystery, after all.

Next week is not bad, except Wednesday. Monday would be excellent! It's a holiday for us bureaucrats. Most week days I can't get to the cavern before 5:30 pm Cavern time. After 7:00 is more likely. Weekends are going to be bad between now and mid-April.

If a neighborhood is public it will move up the Nexus list if it gets a lot of traffic. At least, that has been my observation. So my suggestion would be, make the chosen neighborhood public and have a bunch of people link in and out for a while.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Monday would be good then, since 5:30 pm MST is midnight :30 GMT and 01:30 CET.

Don't worry about the hood appearing on the list. It can be persuaded. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:09 pm 

I think I'm going to shoot for Tuesday, noon-5pm Cavern time. Because as you said, Monday is a holiday in the US, but while I'm not sure if Cyan observes President's Day, I want to make absolutely sure we don't shoot ourselves in the foot by choosing a time when nobody will be available to create a response. Does that make sense?

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good thinking! Fantastic time for me - 7 pm 'til midnight. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sosiqui wrote:
I think I'm going to shoot for Tuesday, noon-5pm Cavern time. Because as you said, Monday is a holiday in the US, but while I'm not sure if Cyan observes President's Day, I want to make absolutely sure we don't shoot ourselves in the foot by choosing a time when nobody will be available to create a response. Does that make sense?

Good thinking! :shock:

Although I get the impression that, these days, they don't observe weekends, business hours, bedtimes or mealtimes, let alone holidays, bless their creative little hearts!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:05 pm 

have fun then, I won't be able to get on next Monday until you guys are long gone. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:33 pm 

We'll be sure and log absolutely everything interesting, if anything in fact happens, even if it's just the DRC popping be to go "the heck are you up to, you crazies?" :lol:

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:01 am 

OK, I'm going to suggest we shift this out a bit further and do this properly.
(Hope you don't mind Sosiqui, but your idea is such a good one it deserves the full support of the community)

Why shift it out a bit? Because the more people involved, the more chance Yeesha will hear our call - or put another way, the more people Cyan see wanting Yeesha back, the more chance they'll do something about it. And it will take a little while to get the word out to them, especially at the moment.

There's lots of people out there who would love to see Yeesha in URU again. All we have to do is let them know. Things are focussed on the Launch right now - but in a couple of weeks time there'll be a lot more attention space, a lot more people will have taken Yeesha's journey and we'll have had time to get the word out to everyone.

I suggest we nominate March 14 to be "Yeesha Day" (one month after Valentine's Day - easy to remember) and put the word out for those who want to see Yeesha again to, on Yeesha's day, wear their Journey shirts and go searching through URU looking for Yeesha and the Bahro.

Zen KI# 55764

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:42 pm 

I don't mind if people want to try something later. No rule saying we can't try over and over again. ;)

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh I agree! The first (small) one doesn't preclude anything else later.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next