It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Wow this is fun!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:34 am 

I log in at least 3 times a day, everytime time nothing but a few friends maybe to say hi to. Ive explored the cavern and everything that the DRC(Cyan)has ever made available since prolouge Now what?...Read more journals?...read em all. Find or solve something new about Negilahn that they dont give us enough info about?.

I can't do it, as much as i have tried i cant keep interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:37 am 

/shrug
It's not for everyone.

If all you're looking for is solving the puzzles and collecting the thingies, then I guess you're done.

You could get involved in a community project, help new explorers solve the puzzles, chat it up with friends and neighbors, speculate on the plot and puzzles... but if none of that appeals to you, then Uru might not be your thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:45 am 

i do all of that and more, i dunno, its just gotten really boring to me. I fine myself logging in just to log out anymore, just i dunno, boring. That's the only word i have for it anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:48 am 

It was for me at one point. I really enjoyed he cavern, but something just seems less now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:03 am 

i mean..., no response from Cyan for (maybe once a week if we are lucky) no storyline and u have to be in the right place at the right time(kinda like the portal) if u wanna hear it first hand. Hey lets look forward to some new content every 2 weeks that will keep us interested for about 2 hours?

What im getting at is what i assume that alot of u dont wanna admit. This project is going nowhere and will not make it's way through the paying gaming community as it rides.

Just my 2 cents... Hugs!

Last edited by haugballs on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah... It took you two hours to solve Negilahn? You don't find any fun in helping other people solving their quests? No fun in trying to catch better photos of Shroomie while trying bget her more near?..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:34 am 
Obduction Backer

haugballs,

One of the journals in the cavern was updated with a new entry today. Did you find it?

Also, Greydragon talked about the storyline the other day and how we can expect to see more of it soon.

Also, if you consider that you say there's enough new content to give you 2 hours entertainment every 2 weeks, then that means 4 hours a month.

Guess how long Sam and Max episodes (released monthly) are designed to be? That's right.. 2-4 hours.

When you're paying $10 a month, that's $2.50 an hour of entertainment.. compare that to the price of your average movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:43 am 

Ok mac, you mad e agood point. Hoenstly i really enjoy Uru and i shouldnt complain, it's just that i really do get bored at times. i do feel like a Hiprocrit because i will be here for the duration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:50 am 
Obduction Backer

I think there is burnout/boredom points for everything. And it varies for people. Maybe take a week off and come back and see how you feel?

I think a lot of us keep looking for constant immersiveness, that addictive must-play-constantly feeling that we've been told to expect form a successful MMO. Maybe a more casual approach can be taken. I mean, if you get say, 5 hours of good play time a month, do you think that would be worth your $10? That's less per hour than a movie, if you think about it.

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:55 am 

Yeah maybe, gonne take off for 3 weeks for Mexico and prolly come back to alot of interesting stuff. But for some reason while im down there i just dont see myself staying away...lol. Adios as of the 14th and im sure ill talk to you guys while there.

Post subject: Plus...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:58 am 

of you're having trouble concentrating on Uru, then don't forget about the other games. You can play those for a few days, then come back and see if something changed. try Lords of Magic, for example. sure after a while, it feels like a grind, or seems too constant, but the amusement in crushing your enemies and helping your friends clear their great temple so that you get a new main character "should the inevitable happen", really perks the game. and you can also use the cheats (which i don't condone), if you get really bored, and "friendly" everyone, and send in a huuuuuuge army after death (unless you're playing death, then kudos for beating the game the first time around :P )

And don't forget all the other games in the lineup. there's like, games I haven't heard of in about 15 years :lol:

Last edited by Trunkuza on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:00 am 

yeah sounds great, but thats not me :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:53 am 

haugballs wrote:
What im getting at is what i assume that alot of u dont wanna admit. This project is going nowhere and will not make it's way through the paying gaming community as it rides.

Nah, I think things are looking up. We're getting brand new things and the story looks like it's actually starting to go somewhere. The developers are listening to our concerns... I'm quite happy with Uru the way it is.

Do I log in every day? No. I have been checking in a lot lately in hopes of spotting animals in Negilahn, but I've been absent from the cavern for as long as a week before. Uru is the only MMO I play, but certainly not the only game. If I can't find anything to do in the cavern, I'll go play something else. After a day or two, without fail, there will be some little thing to check out that draws me back in and gets me active again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:48 am 

well... obviously you can do what you like, but if you log in at least 3 times a day... i can understand how quickly you get bored. i'd say, try just once a day, or once every other day, until things speed up hopefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:04 am 

I suggest maybe taking a break for a little while. I've recently gotten kinda burnt out, and I'm not playing nearly as much lately, but I know I'm still going to play. I love Uru dearly, and I'll never get bored of it, but I can still need a break every once in a while.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next