It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: "Teaming Up"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:20 pm 

The reason for this post is 2-fold. 1. Although the concept of teaming up to solve puzzles, speculate on storyline, and brainstorm as it were is not new, most of the explorers connected with Uru Live get the bulk of their info and hints/solutions from the forums. I feel that the forming of allegiences not only applies to whether you are with Yeesha or the DRC or the D'ni etc., but also applies to forming allegiences with fellow explorers. It is not that explorers do not help each other out but too many depend on that help. With the forming of small teams I feel that this will enhance the experience of Uru Live, to a point keep us from getting bored while "between" puzzles and ages, and could possible influence the storyline within Uru Live.

2. With this said I propose the organization of small teams (size of team could be from 2 explorers to whatever but smaller groups would be more manageable). This could even be carried to the point of periodic reports from each team with whatever they wanted to share with the community. Anyone think this idea has merit/anything to add or suggest?

KI #02487810

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think anyone who cares to should be able to form such teams. If this is the way you prefer to play, you may want to create a bevin for your team. And, your team may want to reach internal agreement as to if, when, or how often you visit forums for information. This might be a fun thing for those who are so inclined.

On the other hand, I don't think such structure should be imposed on the community at large. I for one, belong to a bevin with many members, most of whom have become good friends in real life as well as in the cavern. (We also have a number of friends who aren't bevin members.) If we weren't all free to interact with those we wanted to within the game, there would be serious protests. I can find other flaws with an imposed team organization as well.

So, feel free to create a team and determine among yourselves how you want your team to work. Just don't expect everyone to buy into the same concept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:43 pm 

Months ago I made a feature request to add a new group to the KI chat system. The idea is based on the fighting parties in MMORPG like Everquest and WoW. They've parties that share experience points and team chat. In MOUL we don't need to share XP but a team chat would be great. I like the name 'expedition' or 'expedition team' for the new chat group.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:47 pm 

I am sorry if it was implied that this team concept be imposed as that is not my intention. Of course this would be strictly a voluntary endeavor. I am only looking for ways to advert boredom and possibly influence/create the storyline.

KI #02487810

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

A lot of people already do team up, and indeed it is often across bevins as well as within.

Members of the bevin I beong to generally enjoy helping others in various ways, and share information to the degree that others like. We try not to be spoilers (unless you ask) We've often met up with others from other bevins with with same attitude .. so that friendships and alliances spread out well beyond the confines of our rather small bevin.

People put each other onto their buddy lists .. often just because one of us wants to bring someone or two or three someones along on the latest adventure. so.. our buddy lists and invites get longer and longer.. hope we don't run out of space to do that ^_^

Also.. as our bevin includes members and other friends hail from as far west as California and as far East as Norway... we don't even dream of regular meetings .... although most of us manage to get together surprisingly often :lol:

If you find people who would like to team up in the particular way you'd like.. that's great! have fun, and more power to you ... the more bevins, friendships and gamestyles in Uru, the better! ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:27 am 

Yes, groups do already form in an ad hoc way.

[OOC: A few more tools to make things easier would be great. Some of the features that have evolved in other MMOs would work quite well in Uru I feel, with adjustments.

For example, what about groups of guilds forming wider organisations, not unlike alliances in Guild Wars etc? That could be pretty cool.]

I am sure that given time, the KI will be refined and upgraded ... I would love to see an "Exploration Party" feature of some kind added to help co-ordinate groups of friends.

Anyone could invite a friend straight from their buddy list, hood list etc, or by KI# or by typing their name, if in the same Age, that person then becomes the party leader. Chat stays within this group when active. It should not matter what hood the party members are from, and the group could remain formed even when some people link elsewhere (unless some mechanism were discovered whereby the leader could link the party as one).