It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:40 pm 

Over at the DRC forum there is an interesting discussion going about that's covering the formation of a forum for all Guilds, organizations, and groups to collect at and communicate. Like a combination of a multipurpose organization index, a means of consistent communication between Guilds, and direct access for groups that may or may not have their own forums or websites.

Currently, there is almost no regular contact between groups. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but wouldn't it be better to have a means of communication between all groups, so each Guild or organization knows what each other group is doing and when? This would also make it much easier to coordinate meetings between Guilds, since this has been tried before and failed due to a lack of standardized means of communication.

Please understand, this is not advocating the formation of a Guild System. While having a forum like this would certainly help with discussions between Guilds on the formation of such a system, that is not the current priority of the foundation of the forum. It would certainly be good to consider at a later date, but not now. And having open discussions between groups will help move that forward, but that may or may not happen.

On top of that, it would provide an easily accesible index of the available and existing Guilds and organizations, and also make it easier for parties to form new Guilds if they wish. I know there are lots of groups that don't get recognized simply because they're either not very accesible or they simply don't have their names in the right places. This would eliminate that problem and provide an immediate audience to newly founded groups.

It would provide a platform of communication between groups of like-minded people with similar talents, whereas there is currently no such platform set up for just that purpose. New players or members would also have a much easier time finding a Guild or niche that suits their talents and abilities.

There would need to be some form of regulation for each new or existing Guild founded or initiated within the forum, simply because it wouldn't do well to have 600 groups of 3 people, all in nearly identical categories. There would need to be some sort of method of grouping each organization into more general brackets so they're easier to find, while still maintaining their 'sub-category', if you will.

This would also be an excellent platform for accessing fan-created content, when the time comes.

The idea is still in the works, but I think it has merit. What do you guys think?

EDIT: moved it to 'general discussion' because I accidentally posted it in the wrong forum. :oops:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]