It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:43 am 

Attention:

The Uru Assembly of Guilds Forums is now open and ready to serve the Uru Commmunity...

Our mission is to facilitate and further the restoration of D’ni by offering explorers a place to fellowship with like minded individuals and offer their services in a special way.

Our assemblage of guilds provides access to the explorers of D’ni to find a guild or group they may wish to be associated with, and providing new opportunities and challenges to directly affect the Restoration. The Assembly of Guilds also honors the heritage of the ancient society and civilization of the D'ni. Each of the guilds in this forum offers a unique perspective on that culture. The purpose of these guilds is to promote a positive atmosphere of fellowship and communication among all organizations involved in the restoration effort.

The Assembly of Guild’s mission is to provide an open and democratic representative unity, which is fostered on voluntary membership, non-hierarchical and yet democratic inner structure, the promotion of mutualism and community support.

The guilds or organizations will then foster a place where people can come, learn, and rediscover what it means to be a guildsman or craftsman, in ideals and abilities, today. While the guilds and organizations will have serious goals and projects, they will also be dedicated toward creating a fun and joyful time for all members, and the community at large, by acting as a relaxed means of gathering players together to discuss.

We have tried to provide the best possible coverage of both existing and possible guilds or groups that might arise within the Uru Community, but as in all things we are open to change and new ideas which is why we have also provided a Suggestions and Speculation Forum where explorers can feel free to join in a brainstorm with us about how best a centralized center for guild of group activities might best serve the whole community. For we are all about service and helping others in the community in any way we can. We also find the the forums should be flexible, and if we need to change or modify existing names to meet the needs of the community please let us know in the suggestion box. We will do our best to accomadate the community and serve it well in the coming months and years. Please drop by and browse the forum. We've made registration process easy: just sign up, create a profile, and when you receive the registraion email (usually very quick) then you have access to all the basic forums.

The forums are yours and there will not be any sense of politics or elitist hierarchies, it is all about serving the Uru Community and having fun... so come on by and enjoy!

Our home of the web is: http://uruguilds.jconserv.net/index.php

Enjoy and have fun....
The Uru Assembly of Guilds Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:39 am 
Obduction Backer

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having a terrible time with the comfirmation key. Failed three times even though I thought I had it right each time. Very hard to read.

D'Mala KI# 180078
Tapestry KI# 718641

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:50 am 

Isn't there a GA Bevin, as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:58 am 

Confirmation key problems here as well. I got frustrated trying to register. It's not obvious if any of the letters are capitalized or not. Can you change the type of graphic used for the confirmation key?

ED: I did finally get past the confirmation key.

KI#02115581

Post subject: Thanks for the input..
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:17 pm 

I'll check into this very shortly.

Sorry for any inconvience...

Site Admin, Uru Assembly of Guilds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, I finally got past the confirmation key; but I've yet to receive the activation email. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:40 pm 

Im behind you all the way on this one Wizzy!

Good luck 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:54 pm 

Arcadian wrote:
Isn't there a GA Bevin, as well?

Yeah. If you're wanting membership, just pm me.

As far as the activation email... There were a few problems with that. I'm a forum mod, so if you're still having problems, just pm me here and see if perhaps I can't help.

Earthwiz: is it still asking admin to pass members upon register? That might be the problem here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:26 pm 

I signed up clean as a whistle no issues.

Post subject: To all...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:49 pm 

To all... the registration system is set up in this way. Upon finish of your registration form you will receive an email. Please look in your mail box and then click on the confirmation link. This will automatically activate you.

I've by passed the admin feature so that users can be automatically activated upon clicking the confirmation link in the email. If you do not receive an email, then there were probably network issues involved and it gets kicked back to my uruguild admin box. I'm checking on these periodically during the day, but if by any chance you have not heard back from me please email mail me at: [email protected]. I keep this open all the time and will get a ping if I receive a note.

Please let me know if you experience any other difficulties, and I'll hop on it as fast as I can...

your buddy in the zone, earthwiz

Best wishes from the Uru Assembly of Guilds Team