It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:13 pm 

The Restoration Realists is looking for ways to give you -- the explorer -- more ways to enjoy the restoration.

In the coming weeks we will be sponsoring major events in the cavern. These events will give the explorer community lots of opportunities to help the DRC with the restoration, socialize with your fellow explorers in the cavern, and most importantly have fun! Look for another 24 Hour Great Zero Calibration event from vid with Vortmax's outstanding shoutcast. After that, we have something else very exciting in the works, but it is too soon to give the details.

In the meantime, we would like to hear from you -- the people in the cavern -- for suggestions and ideas for events you would like to see organized in the spirit of Unity in the Community, esplorer cooperation, and appreciation for the restoration efforts by the DRC. Such events might include:

Dance Parties
Pod Parties
Age Tours
Lectures on D'ni technology, history, language, etc.
Delin/Tsogal Door Opening Expeditions
Scavanger Hunts
Town Hall Meetings to discuss the state of the Restporation and ways to assist the DRC

With enough ideas and support, the RR could have something fun going on every day! So chime in with any idea -- no matter how crazy or off-beat. If it's fun and improves your experience of D'ni, we'll do everything in our power to make it happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:28 pm 

what has happened to the RR is Monty the new leader or is it Jazz? I'm confused. Two different RR's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:34 pm 

*Sydney Austin* wrote:
what has happened to the RR is Monty the new leader or is it Jazz? I'm confused. Two different RR's

Why does there have to be a leader?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:36 pm 

seems like two different directions you and Jazz have. maybe you should talk to her more often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:39 pm 

Quote:
seems like two different directions you and Jazz have. maybe you should talk to her more often.

Do you have to register with the DRC to conceal and carry that much snark? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Enhance the experience, people, not spoil it. :P

As for me, can I get a plasma TV? I know we don't get signal in the Cavern, but it still would look cool in my Relto...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:59 pm 

I still want a GFI plug in my Relto.

I already have my Wii hooked up to my Imager but I keep on running out of battery power half-way through WiiSports. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Now this is something I would support. Anything productive and set up for the entertainment and benefit of the community will always have my support.

You know....way back in UntilUru some people were thinking about putting on plays in the cavern. Spoken Word Night actually did put on an excellent play to a large crowd on D'Mala, which was videoed by Vortmax. With all the talent here in the cavern, I'm sure some of our wonderful writers and talented actors/actresses, directors and producers could come up with some interesting live entertainment. It would be nice if we had the Concert Hall available but, that doesn't look like it will happen in the near future. As an alternative, the Hood Community Room is a great place for it.

In addition, I think with all the musical talented people among the community, regular live concerts could be held. I know there are a good many very talented singers and those who play musical instruments among the community. I believe there is also a coral group in cavern.

Just a couple of suggestion........

SG

Last edited by SuperGram on Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:17 pm 

OK, a dissenting view - as for me, if I want art, theater or music, I will go and get it - on the surface. But there are definitely a lot of different player likes and dislikes in Uru being expressed these days...it's a big sandbox.

"Let's pretend it's not," said Rabbit, "and let's see what happens."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:20 pm 

hmmm, what a choice! Go with the RR and help with enjoyable events for the explorers, or go with the ADM and help with what they've got... um, Sydney, what have you got again? ;)

Last edited by Kermit D on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:26 pm 

SuperGram wrote:

You know....way back in UntilUru some people were thinking about putting on plays in the cavern. With all the talent here in the cavern, I'm sure some of our wonderful writers and talented actors/actresses, directors and producers could come up with some interesting live entertainment.

That sounds like fun, sign me up for a role when the script comes out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:08 am 

Age tours, scavenger hunts, lectures, door opening expeditions, plays....it all sounds great to me 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:15 am 

The ADM is not trying to lure you in with games and soda pop, then say wanna join like the RR? The ADM take this serious and will not waste time playing games and hosting parties when there is serious work to do.

We the explorers need to find out what is happening to these animals! The only way to do this is to confront the DRC not host a party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:25 am 

Quote:
The only way to do this is to confront the DRC not host a party.

and how's that workin' for ya? ;)

We can all only contact the DRC in the same manner, KI-mail or talking to them if & when they appear in the cavern. The difference is approach. The ADM uses words like "confront". The RR uses words like "ask".

In the meantime though, while we wait for the DRC to get back to us ('cause not even the ADM can force the DRC to answer) why not enjoy the wonderous sights of Uru with the wonderful explorers within. Who knows, you might even gain a different perspective on things you thought you knew all about.

Quote:
The ADM is not trying to lure you in

That's your problem. Lack of PR skills. I would have loved to have been seduced into the ADM - to have had your extremist points-of-view worded credibly and convincingly as any point-of-view can be made if thought through diplomatically. But instead of honey to my ears, you were like a sledge-hammer to the knee-caps of a chipmunk. Yes you were serious, too serious. You were so intent of proving your displeasure of the DRC that you forgot to just be concerned explorers wanting help but still wanting to have fun.

Lucky the RR are here. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:31 am 

My game experience is totally being enhanced!

KI # 04260171

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next