It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:21 am 

Path of the Shell says it requires URU. I started URU on my own and now I'm playing it online. Will this affect my playing the others? Do I have to finish URU (not online) to do this? Or just have it loaded? Thanks if anyone can help because I'm in Kadish Tolesa online and I was stuck at the buckets in Teledahn on my own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:38 am 

Lwaxana, Path of the Shell requires the OFFLINE version of Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, on CD-ROM.

The current Myst Online: Uru Live is a completely separate entity from the offline games that were released on CD-ROM.

(However, I suspect that some or all Path of the Shell content may EVENTUALLY be released in Myst Online: Uru Live.)

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:06 am 

The best way to play URU OFF-LINE is URU Complete Chronicles.

That has it all. It's one simple complete installation. Instead of fooling around with expansion packs.

It is completely unrelated to URU Live ON-LINE in terms of computer game play.

It's a lot of fun for a single explorer, and there's tons of help around to get you through.

Try it! You'll see...:)

Traveler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:44 am 

From your post, I read that you currently have URU:ABM (the offline version).
Do don't need to finish the quests in URU ABM, to continue with the Path of The Shell Journey, or the To D'ni journey. Both expansion packs add another quest.journey that can be played separately from the first one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:11 am 

trylon wrote:
From your post, I read that you currently have URU:ABM (the offline version).
Do don't need to finish the quests in URU ABM, to continue with the Path of The Shell Journey, or the To D'ni journey. Both expansion packs add another quest.journey that can be played separately from the first one.

If I interpret your question correctly,the answer is, YES you can play the To D'ni and TPOTS sections seperately within URU CC (or added to URU ABM). The start books will be in Relto.

I found it best to do the four pole Yeesha quests first, but I don't remember anything you'll miss out on if you don't.

I could be wrong on that...?
It's been awhile...:)

Remember, the To D'ni and POTS Expansion packs, are just that. You must have URU ABM installed correctly in order to add them and play them.

They are NOT stand alone game sections!

Traveler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:56 am 

Lets clarify something here. Are you playing Myst Online Uru Live through game tap or are you playing a game you bought on CD?

If your playing CD games use the information above. If your playing Myst online through game tap you can't use any of the expansions on CD. You also cannot transfer progress between the CD and Online versions. Myst Online will eventually have all the content of the CD versions, plus much more content and enhancements. Myst Online will grow and get bigger and bigger... and Uru: Ages before Myst will.. not. And it does not have any Online or multilayer aspects.

Hope that clears some things up.

Jarun 00217662

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:44 pm 

Ja'run wrote:
Lets clarify something here. Are you playing Myst Online Uru Live through game tap or are you playing a game you bought on CD?

If your playing CD games use the information above. If your playing Myst online through game tap you can't use any of the expansions on CD. You also cannot transfer progress between the CD and Online versions. Myst Online will eventually have all the content of the CD versions, plus much more content and enhancements. Myst Online will grow and get bigger and bigger... and Uru: Ages before Myst will.. not. And it does not have any Online or multilayer aspects.

Hope that clears some things up.

Your Right!

Now I see your confusion.

Gametap is ON-LINE. Nothing to do with ANY CD game as far as your computer is concerned.

It's Apples and Oranges.

OFF-LINE is any game you play on your computer while not needing an internet connection. Doesn't matter how you get get the game,ie: CD-ROM, download, etc.

URU: MYST On-Line (Gametap) has nothing to do with the CD-ROM's of:

1. URU ABM
2. URU To D'ni
3. URU POTS
4. URU Complete Chronicles

(In the above: 1+2+3=4)

We may see parts of To D'ni/ POTS on Gametap, but not yet.

All That will be a new CYAN/Gametap update release.

Hope this helps.

Traveler

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:19 am 

Sorry I didn't explain myself clearly but you all answered my question. I am playing URU online and I have it installed offline.