It is currently Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:42 pm 

Yes, the new pellet creation statistics are quite confusing to me.

I created a set of pellets with the 40-30-20 system and got a reading of 438 on my KI. I am not sure how long they took to form, but I will presume the average of four hours.

I will do some more testing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hmmm, I just had a thought, they did say that the ovens were failing their tests. Maybe they're not fixed yet..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

That is my idea, but then again it may just be intended since they dont want us being able to churn out pellets into the lake at 15 minute intervals (toooooooo grindy). So being able to set it and then come back later whenever you want gives us better time management to do other things (real life or not).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:28 pm 

jetuser wrote:
So being able to set it and then come back later whenever you want gives us better time management to do other things (real life or not).

But that is far less friendly to newbies trying to solve the puzzle from scratch. It is not very forgiving to make a player wait hours for feedback on whether his solution was correct. When I first did Er'cana in PotS, I made several mistakes. First, I pulled the lever next to the machine and lost my first batch of pellets. (So much for the principle of trying all controls to learn what they do.) Then I found out my recipe was wrong because I thought each major tick mark was 10 units. Then I lost a couple of pellets by not realizing there was a time limit on linking out with them after releasing them. These things were pretty painful at 15 minutes per batch, but must be total agony now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes that I can understand, maybe the DRC should take it under advisement to make a journal on the oven, maybe they can provide us with the proper mix for the lake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:46 pm 

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Baked Pellets. First we'll have a little cooking sherry ::glug glug:: and we're ready to begin...

Three of the most important factors when baking are TIME, WEIGHT, & TEMPERATURE.

So, if Joe Baker has a cooking device that allows him to control these three things (and assuming ingredients are provided for Joe), then all he really needs is a recipe.

The top half of the Hourglass Cave provides one (1) recipe:
Time: 40
Weight: 30
Temperature: 20
--------------------------------------------

Is that recipe an official D'ni recipe? Or is it something the Bahro cooked up just for Hourglass Cave purposes? Seeing as it's drawn on a wall, I'm leaning toward the latter.

Perhaps we'll discover more recipes later that will have more to do with lighting the lake, or at least discover the exact methods used to light the lake so that we can experiment with recipes that yield whatever it is the lake requires.

Regardless, we'll be waiting. Waiting for more info on lake lighting, the ki pellet-icon, and reaching the bottom half of the cave.

So put on your waiting caps, it's gonna be bland!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

So does the pellet "score" accumulate over many batches? Or does it reset over time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Looks like it accumulates so far, not exactly sure what the use is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:31 pm 

Perhaps if enough people were to be involved, then maybe we could find the 100% recipe. By dispersing various probable recipes to people and having them try it out, then the 125,000 possible combination will not be so daunting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ozwell Spencer wrote:
Perhaps if enough people were to be involved, then maybe we could find the 100% recipe. By dispersing various probable recipes to people and having them try it out, then the 125,000 possible combination will not be so daunting.

Therein the logic behind me creating this thread :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:51 pm 

Maybe if someone made up a list of the most logical settings to try first and then people could volunteer to try those settings. I would be willing to try some batches.

I have the cloth nearest the machine set as active, so it's not very difficult to get there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:05 pm 

Well...

40, 30, 20 = 75-80%
20, 30, 40 = 50%
8, 6, 4 = 40% and the pellet doesn't dissolve

So it seems the higher ones do better but then again, there are three controls and one of them may make these pellets more acceptable to the water than others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:25 pm 

Ok, here are the results from my second batch of pellets.

Pellet#

6. 809
7. 816
8. 836
9. 811

For a total of 4,096 for the second batch.

Grand total for two batches is 8,214 for a 821.4 average per pellet so far.

The formula I used for the first two batches is: 45-35-25 I have changed the formula slightly to see if there is any gain or loss in the next batch.

Baking time was approximately 4.5 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

What recipe gives the brightest light from the lake irrespective of the scores?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

The original bahro cave recipie from what I can tell gives the brightest score. What I'm really curious about what will happen once we get the 100% on the meter, if there's a different effect for that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next