It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 30  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:49 pm 

Location: In the dark, behind you. With the glowsticks in my nose.
Kaylar wrote:
Perhaps he's even the reason the algae are so messed up in the first place.

No. The algae was damaged in the fall. Veovis used a biological weapon that severely damaged the algae, not to mention most other living things.

If I could find the passage in BoT... IIRC it was described as a black cloud that extinguished the light of the lake as it moved across it's surface. The DRC have been marginally successful in the past in restoring some of the light from the lake, but haven't been able to restore the 30h cycle as described in the literature.

The purpose of the pellets do seem to point to feeding the lake algae, however I don't know if the pellets were intended to resuscitate a half dead lake, just nourish it from time to time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:53 pm 

Well!!

The third round was a total bust! Had to discard the other four after getting a whole 5 for the first one! :lol:

So I am trying a little lower settings and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:55 pm 

nataku wrote:
SCGreyWolf wrote:
jetuser wrote:
The camera should change angle in third person so you would be able to see this effect.

:?: It does... the camera follows the pellet all the way down! :)

really what formula did you use?

[spoiler]The one in the cave... 40-30-20... Taking the pellet to the silo triggers a switch to 3rd person, a scan of the pellet, then it should drop into the water below...[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:44 am 

Any more info on the time factor? Are any of these other recipes changing the wait time? I tried "15/all the way up/all the way up" and got 771 for the first one I dropped in. (I didn't notice the numbers on the rest at the time.) I reset the machines after the announcement to the bahro cave recommended settings and now I'm waiting for the virtual kitchen timer to go off. Is it still gonna take four hours?

Post subject: Pellet Power
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:32 am 

DRC says "Bright Orange" but does not say anything about power output. My guess is white is to hot and burns the algae. I'm inclined to think "most points possible but stay in orange range and don't overcook the algae.

Post subject: Re: Pellet Power
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:49 am 

Kon'Dor wrote:
DRC says "Bright Orange" but does not say anything about power output. My guess is white is to hot and burns the algae. I'm inclined to think "most points possible but stay in orange range and don't overcook the algae.

Try 25 / 35 / 40 for recipe #179 and 870 points per pellet if you get the numbers exactly right on all 4 burners. bright orange. 21/2 hour cook time.

I think 40 / 30 /25 gives the most points with the white lite. 4 hour cook time

I thought we were going for the brightest light?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:16 am 

I made a page on my site to help keep track of pellet recipes so that we can find the best one.

Please use it! :)

http://home.comcast.net/~cubkyle/dothepelletgrind.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:37 am 

i have never played PotS, not sure if that helped with this or not, but i am CLUELESS. i got the 40/30/20 thing, but didn't understand how to plot it in the gauges. so i was playing around alittle bit and on the third scope/oven setting i got a yellow light. but the last set of gauges don't match and its screen is dark, like its not working. and i can't figure out how to reset. and after i have the yellow light, what do i do after that?? can someone explain maybe?

thanks
choo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:53 am 

Choochie wrote:
i have never played PotS, not sure if that helped with this or not, but i am CLUELESS. i got the 40/30/20 thing, but didn't understand how to plot it in the gauges. so i was playing around alittle bit and on the third scope/oven setting i got a yellow light. but the last set of gauges don't match and its screen is dark, like its not working. and i can't figure out how to reset. and after i have the yellow light, what do i do after that?? can someone explain maybe?

thanks
choo

To reset click on the power switch at the door then click it again to turn the power back on so you can set and restart the burners.. Set all burners to the same settings and click the yellow button on the 4th. burner to start them all. If one or more burner times are set different the one with the longest time will start first then next highest and so on. The burners always all finish at the same time. Each black mark = 5 counting up from the bottom. After you start the burners you wait for them to cycle off and the blue light to come on on the pellet dispencer. Each 5 setting on the left = 1/2 hour so if you are using the settings from the cave you can go do something else like marker games or exploring other ages for 4 hours instead of hanging around there. The pellets don't go bad in case you can't get back right when they finish cooking so you can drop them in the the water at your leisure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:11 am 

Alright. Just got back from doing some serious synchronized testing with Simon. Here's some stuff we found out:

The left-most meter is definitely time. Right-most is almost certainly temperature. Not sure about middle - density?

Each mark on the time meter is exactly 6-minutes of cooking time. Plan accordingly.

Each audible click on the scale seems to be around 3 minutes, 15 seconds. The click scale is weird and not in tune with the marks, so I advise against using it.

Time and temperature logically seem to work best when set inverse to eachother. Long baking times work well with less heat. You can cook up a super-hot batch in 6 minutes for 5-10 points each.

Different time values on the different ovens causes the ovens with shorter time to wait. That's the reason why you will sometimes notice not all of the ovens turning on at once.

Different density(?) and temperature values on different ovens seems to produce a range of values across the batch of pellets.

We'll probably do some more experiments tomorrow. Gotta get this down to a science.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:21 am 
Obduction Backer

I parse the middle symbol as "weight", which would really mean "pressure" in the oven chamber.

On the other hand, Simon was thinking "balance", as in the ratio between two substances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

45 / 34 /25
average score 951 with bright orange glow
lowest 933, highest 970

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:51 pm 

Those of you who are going for the lower end/fastest returns...

Set two ovens to 1/50/50 and the other two to 2/50/50. Takes twelve minutes and gets you 10 pts. :D

if I do the math properly, that means in four hours, I could concevably make... *scribbles on paper a bit* 200 points with a lot of running around. :?

Tayr and I are trying to find the quickest way to make decent pellets, not the most potent pellets that take weeks to make. :)

And like Tayr said, we're making a SCIENCE out of this! Image

(emoticon shamelessly stolen from the SomethingAwful Forums)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Simon_Bitdiddle wrote:
that means in four hours, I could concevably make... *scribbles on paper a bit* 200 points with a lot of running around. :?

Isn't that even worse than the Bahro Cave recipe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:05 pm 

Ian Atrus wrote:
Isn't that even worse than the Bahro Cave recipe?

Well, um... yes. Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 30  Next