It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:40 pm 

Agreed, courtesy will help create a space for dialog and mutual respect. And I would much rather that the relayers not try to act as automatic moderators....that can happen in a situation of a long chat and happen with consent of the speaker, but i for one do not want another level of bureacracy in the cavern, either player or DRC created. And I think Cate has every right ot act as spontenously as she wishes, it is not inherent on her to direct or lead the random crowd, and certainly we can do that ourselves if we practice good manners and dont keep pushing with too many comments from any one of us. The old rule that each person gets to talk, and then waits until everyone else speaks, unless there is a active dialog initiated seems pretty good for these fluid situations. :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:33 am 

Frisky Badger wrote:
If we give them space and stop acting like it's our first interaction with other humans, they will stay longer and respond to more questions.

I agree with that assessment completely. And it doesn't help that there are so many people around that are just babbling about nothing at all, or chatting with friends, just for the chance of seeing their name on a chat log somewhere, or whatever their motivation is.

But, in defense of those who are actually trying to get real questions answered, it was the DRC's idea to limit the contact with explorers to one week chunks every few weeks. If their presence was more sporadic, like it used to be, there wouldn't be these mad rushes to whatever bevin or city location where a DRC member is appearing. In a way, they created this mess all on their own. I know that crowds would gather anyway, but not to the extent that is happening now.

And, if people would stop this "why isn't the DRC telling us everything" stuff it would save everyone a lot of time, energy and frustration (myself included). As long as I've been doing this (and I know it hasn't been as long as a lot of other people), the DRC has always provided cryptic, limited information. And no matter how much griping we do about it, and we have done a lot, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that will ever change. The truth is, it is that sense of secrecy that is fueling this whole thing, and that's what keeps us coming back for more every episode.