It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gahreesen and on
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:56 am 

Hello fellow explorers,

I've been looking around the cavern and managed to find my way through an area called "Teledhan". That was heaps of fun; and if people would like subtle hints to make sure you're looking in the right area without giving anything much away I'm happy to help.

Getting the balance right between "Is there something here I haven't figured out or am I in totally the wrong place?" hints versus a walkthrough is very difficult, and I'm being careful not to read too much in this part of the forums. The nice man at the cleft seemed spot on with his hints.

Are there any labeling systems or conventions for spoiler warnings in this forum or should I just beware which posts I read generally?

Right now I'm exploring Gahreeson. I'm stuck as usual but I've only been stuck less than a day, so I'm not ready to ask for a hint yet.

In general, and without giving too much away, can these problems be solved one at a time or should I be exploring everywhere in case one area helps with another?

Thanks for the kind welcome,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:00 am 
Obduction Backer

Ok... this part is tricky. There is no convention for spoilers. Generally put a message up and get people to PM you with hints in game. That way you won't have to worry about everyone giving spoilers suddenly.

There's some good walkthroughs and hints about. UHS-Hints.com has good ones that apply. The Uru and Er'cana for Path of the Shell hints (sort of, Er'cana is changed a bit). Other hints are useless.

As for gahreesen..[spoiler]a notebook will tell you about something you need. So yes, you'll need to be elsewhere.[/spoiler]However, it's always a good idea to go wandering about if you get stuck, see if it comes to you.

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:34 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Hi, slgeo1. Welcome to the forums! :D

Even though this is a spoiler forum, many ( actually, most) members will still put their spoilers in spoiler tags. A lot of them will also preface their spoilers with a statement about whether it's an outright spoiler or just a hint. Another common practice is to put the spoiler in layers, starting with a hint and working it's way up to a complete walkthrough.

Not everyone does this, though, so if you want to avoid being too spoiled, you really do have to be careful about which posts you read. :wink: Gondar is right, asking to be PM'd with hints help to avoid the sudden spoilers is a pretty effective way to do it, too.