It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: what will it take-
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:52 pm 

it seems some people are never satisfied- I think some people tend to forget this is not like other games- you don't get it all in three or four hours- you get it in stages- personally I am happy with what we got so far- at least we have a hint that we are not as - secure here as we once thought- and that things may change in the future- if your expecting things to go faster- perhaps another game is for you-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Please, not again with this...

KI#01165421
Hey! Visit The Jalak Registry, the source for all things Jalak. Yes, it's still open!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:04 pm 

People will either like this game or they won't. They will either be satisfied or they won't. If they are, great. If not, there are lots of other games to play.

Honestly, regardless of all this "community attitude" crap, if a game is good, it will succeed, even if its community is full of obnoxious morons (have a look at WoW and my point will be proven). And if a game is bad, no amount of nice-nice happy friendly community teamwork is going to make it a better game.

End of story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:21 pm 

How is pointing your finger at others at all conducive to a good attitude in the cavern? I think this is at least half the problem in the cavern.

Suggestions of activities would be great. Inviting them to a social function that you know is coming up would be fantastic. Numerous proactive responsives come to mind in fact.

"Love it or get out" is highly frustrating and contributory to the ongoing problems in the Cavern. :?

KI #6725475

Post subject: Re: what will it take-
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:24 pm 

Who said anything about three or four hours? Intelligent discourse was going on about differences in expectations between MYST the boxed games vs MYST online. Between more story, less puzzles vs more puzzles, less story.

People are entitled to differing opinions without being labeled.

buni1161 wrote:
it seems some people are never satisfied- I think some people tend to forget this is not like other games- you don't get it all in three or four hours- you get it in stages- personally I am happy with what we got so far- at least we have a hint that we are not as - secure here as we once thought- and that things may change in the future- if your expecting things to go faster- perhaps another game is for you-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:31 pm 

Heck, I might as well just say this, as it's been on my mind since before the official release.

All of us here have our own MYST experience that we bring here. I personally would buy any MYST game, and play it religiously until my point and click finger went numb.

To slyly insinuate, or outright declare, that anyone is more dedicated to the MYST journey than those who vocalize frustration, is elitist and arrogant. This is the MYST Online Uru Live OOC Forum sponsored by GameTap. Voicing concerns should be tolerated in the forums without backlash or questioning of loyalty to Cyan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Some people feel they aren't getting their money's worth. Other disagree. That's fine. Everyone has a right to their informed opinion. (No one really has the 'right' to tell others that they are wrong just... well, just because!)

Now, since this thread looks way too much like THIS thread over in General Discussion, I'll lock this one and let ya'll rehash the same stuff over there.

;)

Last edited by Reverend Vader on Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]