It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you believe Relto was designed after Myst or Chroma?
Myst 73%  73%  [ 46 ]
Chroma 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Why do you keep bothering me with your silly polls, I'm a cone I tell you!! 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 63
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:16 pm 

It has been pointed out in a few places that Relto bears many similarities to Myst. Here are a few I have noticed myself. Feel free to point out ones I may have missed and discuss the implecations here. Relto is by far a smaller island than was Myst, but the similarities are unmistakable:

1) The Relto dock is in the same position as the sunken ship on Myst.
2) The Relto hut is in the same postion as the library on Myst.
3) The Relto tree is in the same position as the sequoia tree on Myst.
4) The Relto spiral island is in the same position as the clock tower island on Myst.
5) The Relto Bahro pillars are in the same position as the pillars around the pool with the model ship on Myst.
6) The Relto solar design island is in the same position as the space ship on Myst.

I'm not sure why Yeesha would model Relto after the scene of such pain and betrayal for her family. Perhaps it is simply "coming full circle" so to speak. Perhaps she wishes us all to remember Myst, lest such mistakes be repeated.

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Last edited by silmefea on Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:55 pm 

silmefea wrote:
6) The Relto solar design island is in the same position as the space ship on Myst.

The rocket ship island on Myst was North West to the library. The sun dial island is a several meters in front of the hood.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler=Yeeshas Journey]In one of her speeches, I forget if it's at the beginning or end of the journey, Yeesha does say that she originally made this as a gift for her family. "I even put the library in the same place" she says, or something similar. Anyways, she admitted that she modeled it after Myst.[/spoiler]

Last edited by Dan'nee on Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

7) The waterfall is in the same position as the gear on Myst

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:03 pm 

8) The mountain behind the hut is in the same position as the tower mountain behind the library in Myst

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:30 pm 

And one thing not available in the current Beta yet.

[spoiler]The Relto page for the Imager places it in your Relto near where the underground message viewer was in Myst.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

tallterror wrote:

[spoiler]The Relto page for the Imager places it in your Relto near where the underground message viewer was in Myst.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]From what I remember, the imager is placed where the first level box thingy was on Myst, not the underground message viewer... especially because we can't go underground on Relto, yet. ?? [/spoiler]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:19 pm 

Tiran wrote:
silmefea wrote:

The rocket ship island on Myst was North West to the library. The sun dial island is a several meters in front of the hood.

The proportions are a bit off, but it is vaguely close.

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

silmefea wrote:
Tiran wrote:
silmefea wrote:

The proportions are a bit off, but it is vaguely close.

I've always thought it was more accurate that the rocket ship would be following the trail behind the library. Does anyone remember how you had to go behind the library (sort of) to get to the rocket ship? The bridge and stuff is in the place of the rocket ship only if you took the bridge going to the rocket ship and rotated it (from the start of the bridge) 90 degrees away from the library. The bridge in the original Myst was relatively parallel to the library path, not perpindicular like the sundial bridge is today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:05 pm 

Dan'nee wrote:
tallterror wrote:

[spoiler]From what I remember, the imager is placed where the first level box thingy was on Myst, not the underground message viewer... especially because we can't go underground on Relto, yet. ?? [/spoiler]

lol that reminds me of a dream i had late last week:
[spoiler]That a Stairwell appeared off the sundial bridge to an underground library on relto[/spoiler]
would be funny if my dream came true lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:27 pm 

Dan'nee wrote:
tallterror wrote:

[spoiler]Well, sorta... The imager used to be roughly where the underground imager would be, in front of the docks and close to the tree. However, you could only get it there if you managed to get it during offline prime (something that was possible, but not through normal play) and maybe in Until Uru if an admin gave it to you (not sure about that one.. can't remember)[/spoiler]

Also

I never saw the whole Relto/Myst parallel until it was thrust upon me here when the new island came out. I always wondered where that path behind the library went and I will be very disappointed if it never gets any use. When I first played, I imagined I would find a page that would slope into a small cave under Relto or maybe a whole new island in the distance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:05 am 

Not out yet, but

9) The fireplace is on the same hexagonal side as on Myst Island.

KI #00072427[Kedry]
"Conjecture is not fact, and opinion is not fact, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true." - Shaun Lyon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:57 am 

The island in the approximate location of the clock tower is shaped like a gear.

Just noticed that one a few nights ago - funny how you you can run by something over and over in Uru before you notice it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:27 am 
Obduction Backer

11) You start at the same location on the docks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:21 am 

lol I didn't notice that. I guess you could also say the the 4 pillars are in about the same position that the box things (the ones with the symbols in them that you use to raise the ship) were on Myst

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next