It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:51 pm 

Okay. So I've run into a bit of a dilemma.

So I've been looking around for a nice IDE for Objective-C, to view the iPhone application files. Originally I intended to run OS X Lion on a virtual machine and to run XCode 4, however, the guide I was using doesn't account for an error that I haven't been able to find a way to resolve. So I can't virtualize OS X for XCode.

Edit:

Nevermind, I finally got OS X working, now it will be much easier to see what makes this application tick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Cool! Let us know how it goes, and shout if you have questions.

On the subject of using Xcode 4, note that some things don’t currently work properly when building with the iOS 5 SDK and running on iOS 5. I’m working on that. Building with the iOS 5 SDK and running on 4.x is OK (I think you should be able to download the 4.3 simulator in Xcode (Preferences > Downloads) even if you’re not a Developer Program member), as is building with the 4.3 SDK and running on 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:37 pm 

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

EDIT:

While I'm sorry to say this, I probably won't be able to finish porting this any time soon. Virtualizing Mac OS X has continued to give me trouble, and I've also recently become addicted to Skyrim, the new Elder Scrolls game. It'll be a while until I find the time to give it another go, especially with the holidays coming up.

Hopefully someone else is willing to work on porting the application.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:55 pm 

This is going to be one of the first apps I download when I get my iPhone! Thanks for making this for us :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Zik Clock 1.4 is available in the App Store now!

What’s new in this version:
  • Adjusted KI time scale to corrected daylight saving time transitions (late enough :))
  • Norwegian and Russian localization, updates to French and Swedish, thanks to the tireless GULPers
  • Some internal updates for iOS 5
What’s not in this version yet, but will (hopefully) come with the next update in the coming months:
  • Support for the larger display of iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th generation. To do this, I will have to drop support for iPhone 3G, iPod touch 2nd generation, and older devices (iOS 4.2 and below). That’s why I left it out of this update, so that users of these devices can still get the KI time fix. If you have one of these devices, update now, because the 1.4 update will disappear once 1.5 is out!
  • Dutch, Spanish, and possibly Italian localization. I need OHB to enable export for these languages in GULP (and do a few other maintenance tasks), but unfortunately I have been unable to contact him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Christian Walther wrote:
I need OHB to enable export for these languages in GULP (and do a few other maintenance tasks), but unfortunately I have been unable to contact him.

Done! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Awesome! Short and sweet, as always ... WB OHB and Happy New Year!!! ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

janaba1 wrote:
Awesome! Short and sweet, as always ... WB OHB and Happy New Year!!! ... :D

U2!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Zik Clock 1.5 is available in the App Store now!

What’s new in this version:
  • Support for the 4-inch display of iPhone 5 and newer
  • Spanish, Dutch, and Italian localization, updates to Russian, thanks to the fine folks at GULP
  • Some internal updates for iOS 6*
  • Fixed unresponsive controls after enabling VoiceOver while on the main screen

* Yes, I know, I’m way behind. Just in time, in fact, before Apple stops accepting updates that aren’t specifically built for iOS 7 (and therefore don’t run on anything earlier anymore). This will also likely be the last update for some time, as developing for iOS 7 is currently a major hassle for me due to Apple’s merciless back/forward compatibility policies. Adjusting everything to iOS 7 looks seems like a lot of work for little gain anyway (though contributions are still welcome, of course).

Last edited by Christian Walther on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Just in time, in fact, before Apple stops accepting updates that aren’t specifically built for iOS 7 (and therefore don’t run on anything earlier anymore).

Not true, as I understand it. Apple is about to stop accepting updates that aren't built specifically for iOS7, but they may continue to support back to iOS 4.3.

(Second-gen devices running 4.2 were orphaned a couple of years ago.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

OK, thanks for the clarification. I don’t remember where I got that info from, maybe I really just imagined it. Unfortunately, as mentioned, I can’t check for myself right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7