It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: K'veer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 pm 

I think I have looked everywhere in the writings (but I probably haven't) for a link to K'veer. One writing said it is in the Nexus. If it is, I haven't see it. Another writing said it was in the brown book on my book shelf. It isn't there either. That is the last sparklie I need to find. Then if I could solve Minkata, I will have finished.

Post subject: Re: K'veer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:44 am 

Hello KayM,

You are right on the locations where you should find links to K'veer (hood-instanced in brown book & public in Nexus).

Those links are given after completing a series of tasks. In MOULa, you need to finish both Er'cana & Ahnonay and bake pellets.

Those pellets must be made with the right recipe in order to create a bright white light. You'll need to find out that recipe.

Then, you must find a helper, an explorer willing to drop one of your pellets in a 2 storey cave, the pellet cave, reachable from both Ahnonay (Kadish Office in middle of the vortex) & Er'cana (pellet room). The link from Ahnonay will bring you to the lower part of the cave, the link from Er'cana will bring your helper to the upper part of the cave.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
It might be a good idea to go visit at least once the upper cave, it might give you a hint on the "right recipe" I was talking above :wink: ...

Once the pellets are baked & ready:
You must go to the lower part of that 2 storey pellet cave & wait, then tell the helper you are ready, they will go in the upper part with a pellet, & they will drop it to the lower cave pool.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
You should be able to see something interesting on the wall, look at the big X & note down the 4 symbols (hint here).

The very last step before reaching K'veer for the 1st time:
Do you remember where you used this same arrangement of symbols before in the game? If so, go there and try it
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Maybe then, a visit to the Cleft & and the holographic imager would be a great idea, entering the right combination will open a portal (a small shell) (it will be very little, white coloured and floating directly in the path between the door & the small steps to the kitchen room)

----

On a side note, forgive me if my use of spoilers in spoiler-free discussion isn't the right thing to do. I'm still struggling on this whole concept :?

If I'm giving hints outside spoilers then my discussion will be spoiler-free but then I'll simply just tell the solution. On the other hand, if I'm putting spoilers in spoiler-free discussion then it becomes a spoilers discussion.

This concept of "something"-free goes beyond my understanding of the English language...sorry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:49 am 

Annabelle, nothing wrong with your post as far as I can see, it was very well handled and the spoiler tags were exactly the right thing to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
On a side note, forgive me if my use of spoilers in spoiler-free discussion isn't the right thing to do. I'm still struggling on this whole concept :?
If I'm giving hints outside spoilers then my discussion will be spoiler-free but then I'll simply just tell the solution. On the other hand, if I'm putting spoilers in spoiler-free discussion then it becomes a spoilers discussion.
This concept of "something"-free goes beyond my understanding of the English language...sorry

This is very sweet, Annabelle, I also always have to 'think again' about this although it is quite simple, when I then look for the 'right answer/solution' on the board index where it says in the subheading

'Spoiler-free Discussion' --> For everything related to gameplay, storyline, & help that does not contain spoilers
then I know that 'spoiler-free' means 'free resp. devoid of spoilers' (which means not 'free to spoil' lol), so that any hints and tips have to be hidden into spoiler tags and others have the choice to see/use them or not, whereas the

'Spoilers, Hints and Tips' section includes spoilers (as it already says) as stated in the subheading --> For everything from a nudge to an outright walkthrough ...

When I look at it like that it seems easy, but I also oftentimes have to think/look again lol ... As nowadays there are not so many spoiler/hints requests and inquiries anymore and I'm playing Uru only for some tests on the shards every now and then, I mostly leave that to others lol, with many thanks to all who care ... :D

I'd like to add, even better yet would be if people with questions for solutions to the gameplay would post them in the 'Spoilers, Hints and Tips' section, maybe with a request for just a little nudge or even an outright solution, then nobody could really ever 'go wrong' ... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:19 pm 

Annabelle, you may be confusing spoilers and spoiler tags here. A spoiler is exactly what you said, telling the solution right away. Spoiler tags are a forum feature used to hide such spoilers by not making them visible right away.
The "spoiler-free" in the forum title refers to spoilers, not spoiler tags, meaning that you should not post anything that would ruin someone's gameplay experience. You are however allowed to put them in spoiler tags, that way people will only see them if they want to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:51 pm 

OK, let's not turn this thread into a debate on spoilers.
1. Annabelle did not spoiler anything, she gave hints
2. Annabelle used spolier tags, which is what they are for.
3. The Spoilers Hints and Tips section is where you may freely give out spoilers without using spoiler tags.

@KayM ... was Annabelle's post helpful to you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:51 pm 

Thanks Alien, janaba & dgelessus! :D

I know fully understand.

Alien said the reality in her last post. I gave hint and a little bit more inside spoilers tags. So I didn't give away any spoiler (my post are spoiler-free). If KayM or anyone else want to have more they just have to open my spoilers tags.

Please avoid debating this subject furthermore... My main goal was & still is to help KayM (which matter Alien fully understood as per her answer in her last post :wink: )

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:09 am 

Yes, Alien, Annabelle's post was very helpful. I haven't followed through on it yet.
Thought maybe I would try to beat the pellet one time before I try to find someone
to help me.
Thank you very much Annabelle.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:11 am 

My pleasure :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
KayM, during the GameTap era, players were sent Ki-mails by the DRC, which gave important clues for the Er'cana pellets. I really wish they'd send them out again for the new players, but here they are:

http://drcarch.thecitadel.nl/communicat ... a-pellets/

http://drcarch.thecitadel.nl/communicat ... -analysis/

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:13 pm 

The DRC KI-mails could be important once the initial baking process is done but it's not the aim of the initial baking.

They are promoting the orange light emitting pellets. These pellets are good for a given goal: nurish the lake algae who are mostly dormant.

But since your main goal differs... you should not look for a recipe for orange light emitting pellets.

You are looking for a bright light emitting pellets recipe. I already hinted you on the location where you should find that recipe, look back at my initial post.

Once K'veer reached, you'll have all the time to fiddle that orange light emitting pellet recipe.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:47 pm 

A question-why would anyone want to feed the algae? I have had pellets made for a while. Long enough ago the first time to almost forget how to do it. I don't think I have ever waited for someone else to drop the pellet so I suppose it was the off line game I was playing. I am pretty sure we could get to the bottom cave in time to see the pellet drop.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, offline you can get to the bottom cave in time. Online you need a helper!

The algae glow, and the cave should brighten if they are fed correctly - there are threads on the forum about how this would happen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Acorn1 wrote:
The algae glow, and the cave should brighten if they are fed correctly - there are threads on the forum about how this would happen.
Yes, everything you ever wanted to know about pellets and feeding the lake can be found in the
Lake Lighting Project Historical Data Links thread now locked away in the History and Myths section.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:34 pm 

KayM wrote:
A question-why would anyone want to feed the algae? I have had pellets made for a while. Long enough ago the first time to almost forget how to do it. I don't think I have ever waited for someone else to drop the pellet so I suppose it was the off line game I was playing. I am pretty sure we could get to the bottom cave in time to see the pellet drop.
In URU:CC,
[Reveal] Spoiler:
the pellet's fall is delayed by 15 minutes to give you time to journey from the upper pellet cave to the lower pellet cave; the clues to this delay are the timer and cave drawing on the shelf in Ahnonay.
In MOULa,
[Reveal] Spoiler:
the pellet's fall occurs in real-time because another player dropped the pellet for you; in MOULa's Ahnonay, the timer and cave drawing are absent.

Happy exploring!

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)