It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:30 am 

Shorah! I am pretty sure I copied the symbols correctly, jumped into my Relto fissure, changed the symbols on the imager, but only managed to get a fleeting glimpse of Yeesha! No book or rainy cleft! Doh! I am feeling a bit of a numpty now! Any sugeestion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:41 am 
Obduction Backer

I suggest you check the symbols in the cave again, just to be sure. When you see only a fleeting glimpse, that usually means the imager code is wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 am 

You must have at least one wrong symbol or wrong positions.

[spoiler]Go back to the cave for a double check: Start with...
1- Teledahn top,
2- Eder Kemo right side,
3- Gahreesen bottom
4- Kadish Tolesa on the left side).
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:44 am 

I did draw them into my notebook. Got into the habit of copying things last time I played Myst! I'm gonna gop back and try putting them in a different order, maybe that's where I went wrong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:38 am 

TY AR! Sorted! tay shiney!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:49 pm 

When I fell through the Relto crevasse to the Cleft, then made my way to the imager, I put in my symbols and a white symbol appeared in the air. When I touched it, I ended up in Kveer, where I completed Myst! I went back to the Cleft imager, rearranged the symbols, and Yeesha appeared to give me my book. Weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

That means you "mistyped" your Prime code and it just happened to be the code for "the other quest", which you probably haven't finished yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm 

Artic_Wagon wrote:
You must have at least one wrong symbol or wrong positions.

[spoiler]Go back to the cave for a double check: Start with...
1- Teledahn top,
2- Eder Kemo right side,
3- Gahreesen bottom
4- Kadish Tolesa on the left side).
[/spoiler]

You can also rotate them in any order. I just make a circle-x in my notes and visit the Ages in any order, just keeping track of one symbol's position relative to another. The imager doesn't seem to mind if your Teledahn symbol is in the "wrong" place so long as the other three are in the right places relative to it.

[[email protected]]Typoing the ABM symbol set and ending up with the PotS set is a heck of a feat, there.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:31 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Romer Openfield wrote:
When I fell through the Relto crevasse to the Cleft, then made my way to the imager, I put in my symbols and a white symbol appeared in the air. When I touched it, I ended up in Kveer, where I completed Myst! I went back to the Cleft imager, rearranged the symbols, and Yeesha appeared to give me my book. Weird.

Since the imager code for the K'veer glyph gets randomly generated for each player (and probably the one for the end of the Prime Ages too) I guess there's a possibility that the same code might, on very rare occasions, get generated for both. If that happened then which "reward" you get first is probably undefined. Something that I realised only recently (but others may have been well aware of, and as noted by marinaM above) was that the position of the symbols on the imager doesn't matter as long as they're in the right order reading around the button - try copying the code drawn on the wall but shift the position of each symbol one position clockwise and it'll still work. So code A-B-C-D is actually the same as B-C-D-A as far as the imager is concerned although the code generator might have seen them as different.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:59 pm 

The symbols I entered in the imager that took me to Kveer were the same ones as on the wall. I did that totally by accident, trying to find the correct positioning of my end-game symbols. Lots of fun. I love surprises!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

> So code A-B-C-D is actually the same as B-C-D-A

Yes. As long as the sequence is the same, you can start at any of the four settings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:54 am 

So is there a way for us to find out our personal Kveer code? Or do we have to just start clicking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:17 am 

I did everything , received the symbol in the air stepped into it and ended in k'veer, but i still don't understand how to get the book i went back but still don't understand any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 am 
Obduction Backer

To get the cleft book, you need the symbols that are on the floor when returning the pillars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Robert Young wrote:
So is there a way for us to find out our personal Kveer code? Or do we have to just start clicking?

You'll find them when you finish Ahnonay.

velvetam wrote:
I did everything , received the symbol in the air stepped into it and ended in k'veer, but i still don't understand how to get the book i went back but still don't understand any suggestions?

Once you've gone to K'veer, a page for it will appear in your City book (the brown one) on your Relto shelf. That's a neighborhood instance. In order to get a link in the nexus to the public instance, just register at the nexus station in K'veer.

Unless you mean the Cleft book, in which case, gnorke is right, you need to finish Yeesha's journey of the prime ages which includes returning the Bahro pillars.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next