It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:36 pm 

Hi guys! Yes, first post here, and unfortunately about what seemed to be a bug to me :roll:

I registered a few months ago and at some point I had completed the Cleft, entered Relto, clicked on the four pillars and accessed all of the 4 associated Ages. On the "right" part of my library, I had access to the Path of the Shell book, among others. On the left, I remember seeing at least 6 books (2 + 4 ages) Everything worked as it should.

I logged in a few days ago, and in my library, I could not find my 4 ages books anymore, although the 4 pillars were "closed". Clicking the hand icons wouldn't do anything except lightening the said hands. After re-logging I managed to make the books reappear in my library (the pillars would be open this time so I re-accessed the ages). As of now, on the left hand side of the library, I have 6 books (top 2 + 4 original ages). On the right hand sidethere is still only ONE book. It's the one that's always been there (giving hints on all 4 original ages). No POTS.

My questions are: did anybody else experience this "loss" of books lately? Did the database get messed up at some point? Am I supposed to have access to other books than the ones I mentioned? (especially the POTS one). Oh another one while we're at it - All of the public ages I see are empty. Is this online game just unpopular? :(

Thanks for looking into this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:06 pm 

I think this post is in the wrong thread. But never mind that... a mod can move it.

First a welcome to MOULa! :)

There are a number of differences between the offline version of PoTS and the PoTS content in Uru Live, The books on the right hand bookshelf are not in the online version. There is only the one book there. Also not all of the areas in PoTS offline are available in the online version. Some of the solutions to the puzzles have also been changed a bit. You will need to explore the city to find the Age books for PoTS content. Copies are automatically placed on your Relto bookshelf once you locate and use them. Be sure to look for the new content added during the Gametap run of the game.

The glitch you experienced with the missing Prime Age books happens occasionally but rarely. Logging back in is the normal way to correct the problem although there are some rare cases when Cyan has to go in and fix it. The only other thing you might do in this case is delete your avatar and start a new one. To force a verification of your local files, you can delete the file named TOS.txt and log in to force the launcher to check you local installation completely for missing or corrupted files.

As to not seeing anyone, if you have not collected you KI yet, the only place you could find anyone is in your home neighborhood. There is almost always someone in the city though and you will need your KI to access the nexus to link there. Also you can sort the neighborhood list in the nexus display by current population and see where people are. It is a bit sparse at times though. I hear it most active late in the evening US time (say 20:00 to 00:00 KI time which is usually too late even for me).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Moved from iPhone forum :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:14 pm 

Thanks, Mystdee.

I checked a bit more on the books... There are 7 books in the right hand bookshelf in the offline version of the game that are not there in the online version. 5 of those books can still be found online somewhere in the cavern. Their purpose for being in the offline version does not exist in the online version. The other two books I have not found online anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:10 pm 

Hi John!
Thanks for this exhaustive reply. There seems to be a great community around this game.

Last things first, I was a bit disappointed by the number of empty Bevins floating in the directory. I do have the KI, yet I didn't know about the sorting, so I will try out.

I was worried about the books because I could swear I once had access to PoTS from my library. It must have been in the very early versions of the open source software, because it was the first time I actually reached that age, offline or online. I did however finish the offline version a while ago, along with the To D'ni expansion. I hope it will continue to grow or at least to gain in popularity. Thanks for now, I won't have to delete my character and start over again. I see there is still a lot to discover from the last time I finished To D'ni!

Have a great day,
:o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

You can still visit the Path of the Shell Ages and locations.

The Watcher's Sanctuary in the nexus will set you on your way to those places. =)

EDIT: also, have been no versions of the open source uru, as yet, as uru is not yet open source. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:32 pm 

Swire wrote:
I was a bit disappointed by the number of empty Bevins floating in the directory.

Many people create Bevins just because they can. There are hundreds of them but only the last 50 that were set Public or newly created actually are listed. Still, the best chance of seeing someone is to visit the city.

Swire wrote:
I was worried about the books because I could swear I once had access to PoTS from my library.

Actually, there was a book to the Watcher's Pub in the offline game. That book does not exist in the online version. You find the link to Watcher's in the nexus listing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:32 pm 

Anyone having any issues with the "power" level not being in the stone tower in ahonney? When i realized it was missing I thought it might be an online change, but I cant get the door to open in the dock because it doesnt have any power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:12 pm 

Ummm... that's not a power lever and it does not exist in the online version. You must find another way to align things. The door will not open unless you have the different versions of Ahnonay in the right places. This is the puzzle you must solve. You must have help to do this part of Ahnonay so do not hesitate to ask someone.
[spoiler]
The lever is not power. It, like using the book, causes the spheres to rotate. You need someone else to rotate the spheres using the book while you are in the maintenance tunnel. Getting sphere 1 to a particular position (not where you arrive normally) and throwing the maintenance door lever aligns sphere 4 so you can get there. Throwing the maintenance door lever again causes the spheres to rotate to the position where the door will open.
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
When i realized it was missing I thought it might be an online change
You are right.

Post subject: Did I miss the point?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:55 am 
Obduction Backer

kaelisebonrai wrote:
You can still visit the Path of the Shell Ages and locations.

The Watcher's Sanctuary in the nexus will set you on your way to those places. =)

EDIT: also, have been no versions of the open source uru, as yet, as uru is not yet open source. =)

I have been to the Watcher's Pub in the nexus. Is that the same thing as the Watcher's Sanctuary? I've been all over the game and am working on entering the tree now, but I can't find a Watcher's Sanctuary. The Pub doesn't seem to be right, it doesn't have the shell I remember, and I don't have a Sanctuary of any kind listed in my nexus.

Help! Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, the Watcher Pub is the same as the Watcher's sanctuary. They changed the colours to blue, while the old one had brown colours. The imager doesn't display anything in the online game and you can't access the puzzle room, however, the books to Er'cana and Ahnonay are still there. Furthermore, you'll find the journals there that were on your Relto shelf in the offline game.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:03 pm 

johnsojc wrote:
Ummm... that's not a power lever and it does not exist in the online version. You must find another way to align things. The door will not open unless you have the different versions of Ahnonay in the right places. This is the puzzle you must solve. You must have help to do this part of Ahnonay so do not hesitate to ask someone.
The lever is not power. It, like using the book, causes the spheres to rotate. You need someone else to rotate the spheres using the book while you are in the maintenance tunnel. Getting sphere 1 to a particular position (not where you arrive normally) and throwing the maintenance door lever aligns sphere 4 so you can get there. Throwing the maintenance door lever again causes the spheres to rotate to the position where the door will open.

How does one link to my ahnonay or whatever to enable activation of the fourth age?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

You can do one of two possible ways.

One is to meet with the person in a public instance then let them use your Relto book (you can share by click on the icon with the two hands. Once they get to your Relto, they can then use any book on your shelf that has the tab with the two hands above the book open.

The other is to send the person a KI invitation which you can do my adding that person's name to your "Ahnonay Visitors" list in your KI.

Founder of MYSTAges
Self-declared Bahro Historian
Member of Mystitech Productions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:27 am 
Site Admin

Locking this old post.

Please start new conversations in new threads. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]