It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:55 pm 

You still haven't explained what we're believing in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

:roll:

/?t - "jukebox"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Enzan wrote:

Just that there might be something interesting to discover that's never been known before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:43 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Enzan wrote:

Just that there might be something interesting to discover that's never been known before.

I think this is an established fact. Ainia once posted this quote from RAWA & dated it Mar 10, 2010:

"…The rock-cutter is patient. I waited seven years for the connection between the D’ni letters and numbers to be discovered by the fans. Other “seeds” have been planted that may never be discovered… "

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26348&start=0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah everyone,

It will be most interesting to see what you guys discover in this investigation! :D It wouldn't surprise me to find that there is something important in the symbols and colors of Jalak; more dots for us to connect that show us something new about the D'ni.

HarveyMidnight wrote:
Tai'lahr wrote:
Enzan wrote:

I think this is an established fact. Ainia once posted this quote from RAWA & dated it Mar 10, 2010:

"…The rock-cutter is patient. I waited seven years for the connection between the D’ni letters and numbers to be discovered by the fans. Other “seeds” have been planted that may never be discovered… "

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26348&start=0

For those interested in reading the original RAWA post for themselves, head over to the Myst Reader vs. URU: Where is the cleft? thread. The above quote is the tiny print just after RAWA's signature.

[[For those interested in reading more of RAWA's thoughts, you can check out my Relto library compilation, The Watson Letters.]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

@ Tai'lahr : +1 Thanks.

@ HarveyMidnight : It's because I've read this RAWA's sentence, that I've been trying to find some of these "seeds". :wink:

@ Ainia : I'm sure your "The Watson Letters" book is nice, but it's too long for me... :oops:

Like I said lot of time, I no longer speak english well and it's because I have some (lot of) memory loses ; some memory problems.
Those memory problems are not always here, but... They are here.
The bigest problem for me is not to know if I speak english well or not, but to know that I will "no longer" speak it well by now...
I learned it from something like I was 6 years old, and I've speak it very well in the past.
But now, I'm unable to "learn it again" because (for example) I forget today a word I learned yesterday...

All that to say, 248 pages is too much for me, sorry... But thanks.

/?t - "jukebox"

Post subject: The Watson Letters
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

manloc wrote:
@ Ainia : I'm sure your "The Watson Letters" book is nice, but it's too long for me... :oops:

Like I said lot of time, I no longer speak english well and it's because I have some (lot of) memory loses ; some memory problems.
Those memory problems are not always here, but... They are here.
The bigest problem for me is not to know if I speak english well or not, but to know that I will "no longer" speak it well by now...
I learned it from something like I was 6 years old, and I've speak it very well in the past.
But now, I'm unable to "learn it again" because (for example) I forget today a word I learned yesterday...

All that to say, 248 pages is too much for me, sorry... But thanks.

No worries manloc!! :D I created the collection for my own use as I was getting weary of searching over and over for RAWA's scattered tidbits; others are free to use it or not as they see fit! ;)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:23 am 
Obduction Backer

manloc wrote:
It seems you're a "Scully" and me a "Mulder"... :lol:
Sometimes, we have to believe first, to be able to see something. :wink:

I think in this case it's more about understanding than believing. My question is: Why is the big cube 25? Just because it makes the others fit? But as you point out, they don't truly fit; the rectangle is not 18. Also, what is 3 supposed to point to? There is no Pod 3 on the map.

Sometimes we have to examine our beliefs, to be able to see something. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 am 

[In Cavern Mode] There is no Pod 3 on the map we have, but that map does indicate more landmass that is not visible, so the missing pod numbers are on some other landmass, but we don't have the map for that.[/In Cavern Mode}

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
[In Cavern Mode]There is no Pod 3 on the map we have, but that map does indicate more landmass that is not visible, so the missing pod numbers are on some other landmass, but we don't have the map for that.[/In Cavern Mode}
+1 Thanks.

@ Bogardan Mage: All the explanations I can give are already in previous posts... Please read them again and look the pics again too.

I'm tired.
I'm tired about lot of things from the MO:ULa community...

/?t - "jukebox"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 pm 

Don't sulk.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't sulk, I'm sad.

/?t - "jukebox"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:41 am 
Obduction Backer

manloc wrote:
@ Bogardan Mage: All the explanations I can give are already in previous posts... Please read them again and look the pics again too.

I have read everything, thank you. I have seen your pictures. If you have nothing further to say then I can only conclude from this that you have picked a meaningless number and used it to derive a different meaningless number. I can only assume these numbers are meaningless because you have not in any way explained how the pod numbers are supposed to link to the "weights" of the Jalak objects. You have, it seems, determined the relative weights but this comes up to only 8 "small cubes" rather than 25 external units. Pegging the highest pod number to the highest weight derives a number that is not on the map. This strongly suggests to me that this identification is faulty, even before we get into how 25 isn't actually divisible by 8.

Alien, I have no doubt that there exists a pod 3 somewhere, but the fact remains that it's not in the game. If it was then I could see this actually leading somewhere but without it's just "Look at some basic multiplication".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:45 am 
Obduction Backer

If someone doesn't like this topic, well... This "someone" simply have to go in other topics. Thank you for the understanding.

/?t - "jukebox"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

manloc wrote:
If someone doesn't like this topic, well... This "someone" simply have to go in other topics. Thank you for the understanding.

I never said I didn't like this topic, I asked you a question. Which you didn't answer. Understanding is not easy.