It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Both the Uran silo and Kirel have Ki coordinates that put them below the level of the dock. The dock area has a reading of -91 below the Great Zero, while the Uran silo has a reading of -163 and Kirel of -102.

This has been partially discussed before in an older post.
viewtopic.php?t=21293

For the Uran silo, the distance from the Great Zero makes sense, being considerably further than Bevin. As we know this district (renamed Ashem'en by a later king) was built far away from the main island so that any potential diseases couldn’t be spread. What this means is that the silo could actually be in another cavern with a separate body of water in it on a lower level than the main cavern. This would require that the water be pumped up into the main lake for the pellets to have effect. This actually makes sense as it would be beneficial to not pump up water that contained bad capsules that had dissolved.

The same idea of another cavern and body of water could hold for Kirel as well. Its Ki coordinates are further away than Bevin. Also the scene outside is different than the one from Bevin. The fact that there is no telescope to see the main island is another indication it would be a different cavern.

Any on have any other “in game” ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:31 pm 

Interesting ideas I must say.
But one thing about the Er'cana silo: It could be possible that it was only a testing area and that the pellets to feed the large lake would be dropped elsewhere. However then the Er'cana pellet drops wouldn't directly affect the lake light level, which the DRC was trying to improve. Or maybe that's why they didn't succeed with it... stupid DRC :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:57 pm 
I echo deglessus' last comment. In trying to look up the history of the district's construction I consulted the DRC notebooks in the Guild of Greeters library. Finding that there is a conflict between the chronicle of Me'emen and the Story of Me'emen as to the Nehw'eril district*, I thought I should consult the definitive copies in the cavern. Only to find that the chronicle notebook is one of the books removed from the cavern by the DRC. Perhaps they intended to take both books, as I would have thought the chronicle would be the more reliable source left behind rather than the storybook with it's possibly apocryphal dialog.

It does seem odd that the small batches of test pellets we make could have been thought by the DRC to be feeding the main lake, as all our mistakes would also go in the lake. Am I missing some mechanism that takes our successful recipes and sends them to some facility on the lake in the main cavern?

*the chronicle of king Needrah says that Nehw'eril was begun prior to the year 3000. The Me'emen chronicle says that Uran replaced Nehw'eril for the processing of alien goods in the year 5500. The Me'emen storybook says that the district built by Me'emen to keep plagues away from "the heart of the city" was named Nehw'eril . http://www.guildofgreeters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

VentrisDeja wrote:
Am I missing some mechanism that takes our successful recipes and sends them to some facility on the lake in the main cavern?

There was a mechanism brought into the City back in the GameTap era that was supposed to monitor the lake ...but I think, if I remember correctly..it didn't work as expected?....old guys help me out here...I know I saw it

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Charura wrote:
VentrisDeja wrote:
Am I missing some mechanism that takes our successful recipes and sends them to some facility on the lake in the main cavern?

There was a mechanism brought into the City back in the GameTap era that was supposed to monitor the lake ...but I think, if I remember correctly..it didn't work as expected?....old guys help me out here...I know I saw it

The Lake Light Meter. It was located on the dockside of the ferry terminal. It was intended to measure the changes in the lake light levels. However the machine never functioned properly. So Laxman removed it after it was only up a month I think. People joked that it looked like a Dalek.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live