It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: I'm Stuck!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:19 pm 

Hey everyone :) I am new here, but not new to Myst. I seem to be in a bit of a pickle - I was exploring Teledahn and got glued to the aquarium! I held the mouse down 3-30 seconds after my toon got "into position" over the aquarium and waited.... aaaand waited.... and... and waited.....

I couldn't click around or link to my Relto so I quit and tried a couple of times just to make sure it wasn't some one-time glitch... Apparently Sharper really doesn't want me to finish Gahreesan. Is there a workaround or another way to get to the upper parts of Gahreesen so I can finish that Age? I hate leaving things half-finished!

Thanks so much!

Post subject: Re: I'm Stuck!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:04 am 

The upper floor safe actually has a book that leads to a smaller area of D'ni that Sharper kept a journal in. The way to Gahreesen's upper areas is elsewhere. So keep exploring!

:)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:29 am 

Thank you, Calumon! I actually just decided to skip that part altogether until it gets fixed. Hopefully I can find another way to that particular part of D'ni - I'm a bit of a completist hahahaha

Thanks so much!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Kolerra and welcome to the cavern!

I believe that getting stuck on the aquarium button is a known glitch (I've gotten stuck once or twice too). I'm not sure if there's a real solution to the problem except to keep trying. I seem to remember experimenting with how long I clicked the button but don't remember if I could tell whether that helped…

You might experiment with having some buddies accompany you to your Teledahn and hit the button for you.

And like Cal says, there's more stuff for you to find if your desired destination is Gahreesen. Happy exploring!

[[And, sorry to say, there are no alternate ways to get to the destination available through the aquarium safe goodies!]]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:40 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:27 am 

Thank you both so much for your help! I will keep trying the aquarium after I'm done exploring the other Ages. Right now I'm working on trying to the the very last Journey Cloth in Eder Gira *facedesk* On my 16th try!!! Weeeee!!!! lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:15 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:47 am 

Hey Annabelle, thank you very much for your insight! I finally passed the firefly stage...

Sigh.

Thank you for the heads up about the aquarium, I will try it again most definitely! I appreciate all the info and encouragement very much! It gives me hope that my toon will one day link into that specific part of D'ni :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:10 pm 

My pleasure :D

Ohh and BTW... I forgot to be precise about the jump with the fireflies :oops: you can do it once and they will still be your friend, doing it twice, you'll loose their friendship :wink: