It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:55 am 
Obduction Backer

I forgot to mention that even German URU's Bevin does not have an Eder Delin book anymore now.

Besides that hood I checked Amber Horizon's, Braggi's, Jazz's, Monkeyboy's, Reverend Vader's, The Great Tree's, The Meeting Place's, lofre's, and zia's. No Eder Delin books any more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:33 am 

Marck wrote:
I forgot to mention that even German URU's Bevin does not have an Eder Delin book anymore now.

Maybe it's in Minkata as a Bahro stone or perhaps something achieved there adds an Eder Deln page to the Eder Tsogal book in the Bevin or even drops the book into your Relto.

What I'm guessing is that we have to 'earn' access to Eder Delin from now on.

KI: 04828253

There's this alternative world full of all kinds of amazing things. It's right outside my window. One day, I'm going to link to it and explore.

Last edited by Kilton on Sat May 19, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:58 pm 
Well, that's going to be a popular move.

All the people complaining about no new content, and the first thing they do is take something away...

Oy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

zander_nyrond wrote:
Well, that's going to be a popular move.

All the people complaining about no new content, and the first thing they do is take something away...

Oy.

Yeah...that's gonna leave a scar. :wink:

/me groans loudly

[MOULa KI #00075975]
[MOUL KI #00676569]
Member in good standing of the URU Karaoke Community

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:39 pm 

They should find somewhere to put BOTH those books. Not that big of a complaint, but one does have to seriously question this latest move, especially considering that Delin has two Relto Pages. Tsogahl is simply a nice place to sit and relax.

Personally, I miss Delin. I'll be keeping my eye out for it, but, yes, if anyone finds it, do share. :lol:

P.s. The classroom is a good place for those extra Hood books. Then again, no one in charge of things ever listens to me. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

There was a question to Greydragon awhile ago about how long new content would stay available, i.e. would Ages be available for a few months, and then disappear? I noticed that Greydragon said that they needed people to sign up now, and not in a few months. I think he said that he didn't know what they were going to do about it. Well, perhaps this is what they're going to do about it--remove an older Age. The idea behind this is that people will subscribe to Uru now because if they don't, and instead decide to subscribe in a few months, they will miss the new content, which will have disappeared by then. You can read GD's exact remark and its context in the huge thread about the change to episodic content in the General Discussion section.

But then what's with the Eder Delin stained glass contest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:28 pm 

I find it hard to believe that they, (Cyan), want end all access to Eder Delin. I only joined a month or so ago and still haven't had time to get there for a group run....

I think the book disappearance has a story to it- one we will have to find an answer to. They just trickled away.

With all the celeb's in the hoods today- did anyone think to ask? Might be a good question for later on this week...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:30 pm 

Jennifer_P wrote:
There was a question to Greydragon awhile ago about how long new content would stay available, i.e. would Ages be available for a few months, and then disappear? I noticed that Greydragon said that they needed people to sign up now, and not in a few months. I think he said that he didn't know what they were going to do about it. Well, perhaps this is what they're going to do about it--remove an older Age. The idea behind this is that people will subscribe to Uru now because if they don't, and instead decide to subscribe in a few months, they will miss the new content, which will have disappeared by then. You can read GD's exact remark and its context in the huge thread about the change to episodic content in the General Discussion section.

I am quite sure Greydragon said content would remain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:14 pm 

Does anyone know for a FACT that this disappearance was TODAY and not the 17th?

It seems more likely to me that the update to the new build caused some unanticipated bugs.

OR...

...that they accidentally switched some stuff off.

Next time someone's in the game, fire up in-game support and ask if the disappearance of Delins was intentional.

They'll tell you, and then fix it if it wasn't.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:17 pm 

QuietCat wrote:
Jennifer_P wrote:

I am quite sure Greydragon said content would remain.
Yes, There's a difference between a shirt, or a sparklie, or some other item/improvement and an entire Age with puzzles. Especially an Age that's linked to another Age.

Here's a little example describing what I mean in this particular case:
- I'm new, just started. Found a group to do this Tsogal run. Great! I got one half of that stone donut thingy for my Relto. Now what? Where's the other one? :shock:

We don't know if those rings are actually important or not, yet. If those rings turn out to actually do something when you have enough, or, like the pillars, have to return them, what are we going to do without the Delin Link?
Jennifer_P wrote:
But then what's with the Eder Delin stained glass contest?
And the BIG question of the day! Why hold a contest for something specific, when you can no longer access that something specific?

What we got is two possiblities:
1. They took them away, but plan on returning them in some fashion in the future. (Which still leaves the question of, 'Why take them away in the first place?')
2. It's a bug and they simply have to replace those missing links. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think the reason they took them away is that they've only finished processing the Eder Tsogal stained glass restorations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:54 pm 

Maratanos wrote:
Does anyone know for a FACT that this disappearance was TODAY and not the 17th?

It seems more likely to me that the update to the new build caused some unanticipated bugs.

It was today, I was walking around Eder Delin last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:04 am 

just my theory, and i could be wrong...

did any one notice the books in the linking room have shifted to the left just a bit? maybe making room for one more stand perhaps?

-Calliope KI#00193315 (MO:UL)
-Pixel KI#00189718 (MO:UL)
-Pink KI#07856185 (MO:UL)

President of the ResEng fan club ;)
Bound by reasonable constraints, the Angel of Boundless Possibilities ponders escape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:50 am 
Obduction Backer

After one of the orientation tours yesterday, I had a chance to ask a ResEng about the Eder Delin books:
Quote:
(05/20 01:18:35) Marck: Do you know why all Eder Delin linking books have been replaced?
(05/20 01:19:31) ResEng W. Cowart: That seemed to have happened late last night, Marck. I do not have an explanation yet. It's quite strange that the Delin books were replaced with Tsogal books. The DRC is looking into why.
(05/20 01:19:51) Marck: But they will hopefully return soon?
(05/20 01:20:00) ResEng W. Cowart: We were just as surprised as you folks were.
(05/20 01:20:49) ResEng W. Cowart: Yes, we'll get to the bottom of it ASAP. We realize that Eder Delin is a popular gathering place, and we certainly do not want to deprive anyone of such a peaceful place to relax. =)
(05/20 01:21:01) Marck: Thank you :)

So this appears to be an actual bug and not part of a storyline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:14 am 
Obduction Backer

I updated the list in the initial posting to reflect the changes since episode 8. Not all of the hoods that had an Eder Delin book before got it back: De Nederlandse Buurt's and Uru Action News's Bevin have Eder Tsogal books now. So far, I don't know anything about Revelation's and The Unbound Hearts of D'ni's Bevin. It would be nice if someone else who has visited these 'hoods after the end of the last episode could shed some light on this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next