It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:10 am 
Creative Kingdoms

I posted the following on a discussion about the "Uru Live starting location" which took a detour through the subject area of the discussion here. Nyrphame quoted me from this discussion, and Marantos followed. I should have posted my response here, so I will, with one important addition...

Maratanos wrote:
JWPlatt certainly believes that means that the events of Myst 5 took place in 2005. I, on the other hand, am more inclined to believe that that statement means that because the game Myst 5 was published by Cyan, they are less likely to have the same storyline in the new Uru, for whatever reason.

I thought about posting a gleeful response to Nyrphame, but decided not to for fear of being accused of beating a dead horse. But I guess it's not so dead yet. Thanks for the objective summary. Tell you what - I'll wager you an Uru Live T-Shirt that I will be proven correct that the events of Myst V occurred in 2005. I would also wager separately that the Bahro were freed. With the DRC's timeline, RAWA's TCT podcast statement, and Rand's THM statement, I'm very confident. How about you? :)

Here's the bonus to this discussion: In addition to Maratanos, I will offer the same wager to Whilyam (although it's possible Whilyam might now agree with 2005). We finally met in the Cavern, he was quite friendly and willing to chat, and has been a strong dissenting voice opposing my thoughts here. So I figure it would be sporting to include him. Whilyam?

For the separate Bahro wager, I'll put up a month of Uru Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:55 am 

No need to include me on those two. I pretty much agree with all of that. I think most of the evidence supports, as I've said many times now, that the events of Myst V took place in 2005 and that the Bahro were freed/are in the process of being freed.

As a note to you, JWP, you might want to go down to the cavern more often. You get less abrasive and snarky and stubborn down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:57 pm 

I'm not a betting man...

Actually, I have to say, I wasn't quite being accurate in the post you quoted. I'm more inclined to believe that either one is a possibility, rather than one or the other.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:27 am 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DON'T TOUCH IT! IT'S SPAM! One drop will turn you ALL into WARTHOGS!

Sorry. Couldn't resist paraphrasing Time Bandits (ironically, even though I've never seen it).

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just a wild thought, but the whole process of moving the pillars then returning them was to do with 'freeing a Bahro's soul' or such like. Why couldn't the references to the Bahros' freedom - and what they'll do with it - be referring to that aspect, and to their increased prescence in the cavern, rather than the returning of the tablet that binds them.

Elkestra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:30 pm 

This thought just came to me. If Myst 5 is done, then wouldn't that mean that all the D'ni are in (this is a really bad spoiler so I won't say it), but wouldn't that mean they would be in the age they are in right now (Myst 5 people will know what I mean)? What if we found it?

Goloth: 06046426

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:26 am 

Scyrone wrote:
This thought just came to me. If Myst 5 is done, then wouldn't that mean that all the D'ni are in (this is a really bad spoiler so I won't say it), but wouldn't that mean they would be in the age they are in right now (Myst 5 people will know what I mean)? What if we found it?

Sorry for the double post, but also another thing to point out.

""Yeesha searches for someone to free the Least". "

maybe she searches for years or decades on end (which eventually lead to her madness).

Goloth: 06046426

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:22 pm 

Everyone left 1 important thing out!!!

Has everyone forgotten their classes on 'Linking'?
Rember RealMyst? Rember the age Rime? and the crystals?
and all of the differant looks of the same age if you would change one crystal to a differant shape or color? Well in fact all those differant views of what YOU think is the same age is actualy a compleatly differant age!
OR is it? there is a paradox here or something...

The fact that you can also time travel through linking as well which
makes things Very instristing indeed! and also alot more complexed.

Q how does one know if the link is a time travel link or a compleatly differant age? or just a normal link to a age? Rember Myst and the planetarium
had to line up the stars with all the dates?

K'veer was a scary place to the D'ni, they said it was haunted and strange things happened there. this could open up a whole new area
of game play, and a way for Cyan to maybe add the old game ages into MOUL! like our Burmuda triangle ; K'veer would be the place where
linking instead of linking you to the presant day age of say, Teledahn
it would link you to teledahn 200 years in the past or future!~

M5 , can be added very easly to MOUL using what I have said above.

I bet Yeesha did all of it! she could out write the best of the D'ni age writers and more! I bet in M5 all the changes you see are due to yeesha!
fixing things up. and what of the 2 clefts??? the rainy cleft and the normal one... normal one is here on earth but were is the rainy one located? Tohmana?

The Maintainers sure must have had the toughest job out of all the guilds.

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:52 am 
Obduction Backer

VoiZod, you're confusing K'veer with Katha Island. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:12 pm 

ooops! Well I stand corrected. ty

I think That Myst5 will be in K'eevr and every explorer will eventualy have to take the quest. It will NOT be the same game as in M5 but it will
open up the door to the second Great Tree of possibilities!
meaning that at the end of EoA instead of just seeing Reelshan you will actualy goto Reelshan!!! That is also where Phil has been all this time too!

Happly married to Yeesha taking care of their daughter together...

There is going to be two compleatly differant version of the cavern
in alternat realities! or time. depending on if you suceed in this quest or not.

one enstance will be this one curently we are in now MOUL, the second enstance will be if you compleat the quest right. and you will link to a finished D'ni city! Only questions then would be is the finished city
on earth in a differant cavern not discovered yet? or a compleatly differant planet. OR it could the same city but linked to the city before the great fall. then it would start a whole new game of trying to stop the fall from happening at all! ooops sorry got a bit carried away there lol.

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:47 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

If and when introduced into Uru Live, the ages of Myst V will have to present a much different story of the Bahro now than it did before. Too much has changed and the introductory story of the Bahro, which could have taken a year or more to slowly reveal, is already known. Myst V is now in the past, having occurred in 2005, and there's just going to be more story in the meantime while we wait. How it would look in the future is anyone's guess.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8