It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:32 pm 

Whilyam wrote:
I think the note and the journal entry reference the same stone since the only link stone that's by hanging rocks is the Gahreesen stone (perhaps the Bahro wanted to put it somewhere else? Maybe closer to Gahreesen itself to help us?)

Quote:
First of all, he never describes the linkingcloth that is bound over it.

He doesn't for the other mention of the stone. When someone references something, they don't describe it perfectly (unless writing an Age about it :P).

"I don't want people searching all over Teledahn for that weird link stone with a cloth on top of it and a small crack in the right-hand corner and hey that one crack looks like Roosevelt..."

lol
I'll have to take a closer look at that linking stone!

Though, I found it odd that Yeesha/The Bahro didn't want the stone there, and yet it fit in with the point of that age. "Did you see the hidden caves, and the cages?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:08 am 

True. However, you wouldn't expect the stone to the hood roof in Kemo. Or the Tokotah roof in Gira.

What I want to know is how Sharper got OUT of the Gahreesen area in that link if he didn't have a Relto yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:27 am 
Obduction Backer

I had an interesting idea that popped into my head just now.....

In the actual events of "Myst V", they never actually say that the DRC is disbanded... Just that we see a scematic of something with thier logo on it, and the original mechanisms for the Linking Age aren't working/Maintainer KI dispenser isn't working. So what about this:

In Myst V, what if the DRC IS in fact in the city? After they "regroup" they continue thier work, just you never see them because there's no actual way to get to the city. Any "Great Shaft" stuff is shut down because of either instabilities in the whole structure (theory for the whole lattice construct) or no need, due to Relto linking. Since it looks like most of the DRC have taken Yeesha's Journey, they might be trying for a different revival: rebuilding parts of D'ni, helping people live there, along with making homes out of some of the Ages they find.
The reason for not healing the algea in the water? The demand isn't as great, due to all the much more work they need to do.

In Yeesha's quest to free the least, she eventually stumbles upon the Tablet Of The Least, and the lust for it's power consumes her. At first, she wants it to free the Bahro, but her want for it becomes so great, that it blinds her. After choosing poorly, she abandons all efforts in the City, and focuses on trying to find help to free the Bahro by releasing the Tablet.
She ends up running into Esher, and gives him the quest. He fails the same way, and it pits the two against each other.
Shortly after, they both communicate with various city-dwellers, one at a time and at different times, much like in Myst V, but all the while, the DRC are still working on various Ages and in small parts of the City.
The instabilities with the Keep, K'Veer, and The Shaft: The Volcano becomes less dormant, and the activity that cracked through the Great Shaft originally starts again. In Myst V, we're just starting to see it happening.

Thus: Myst V can be after the new Uru Live AND During it. Anyway, that's one theory I pose, and it's possibly riddled with inconstistantcies. Eh, I tried. :) Oh, and if there are misspellings, I suck at spelling (and grammar), so yeah.
-Jeremy Lee-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:48 pm 

Esher never got the Tablet in the past. He failed the quest in a different way. If he had gotten the tablet, then lost it the same way Yeesha did, then when you give it to him, he wouldn't be able to touch it, like Yeesha wasn't able to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:49 pm 

Ah, but Esher didn't hold the tablet. He writes on it with a stick so he gets around that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

SPOILER!!!!!!
yeah, the only way Esher recieves the tablet is by locking it into a special rig of his own design. He never actually touches it, but uses a Stylus-type device on it (the stick). He already told of how he tried with the tablet and failed.
End Spoiler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:19 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Some of the questions here concern where Myst V is in the timeline despite the DRC website clearly indicating it was 2005. Also, some ask which ending of Myst V will be represented in Uru Live if Myst V has already happened. I just heard a quote for your consideration from someone who seems to say or type nothing by accident.

Quote:
"The nature of the Bahro when D'ni was alive and thriving and what their relationship was we really don't know. And what the significance of their freedom is, we really don't know what they're gonna do with that either."

- RAWA, in "History: Past and the Present" with Mowog on CCN's Podcast 13. http://www.thecaverntoday.com/?go=pod13

In other words, the Bahro were freed at the end of Myst V: End of Ages, and Uru Live occurs after Myst V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:04 am 

Perhaps The Cavern belongs to the Bahro now, perhaps it's their home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:42 am 

They all said I was crazy when I said that I was afraid of the Bahro, and everyone else should be too...

Now just watch, they're going to be the cause of the destruction the front page speaks of.

"History is irredeemable."
- Kain, Scion of Balance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Right, RAWA said "the significance of thier freedom" and "what they're going to do with it", he never said they actually HAVE it. He could've said the exact same thing before the events of Myst V, and they would have had the same meaning. Honestly, I think we shouldn't assume that some things read or heard in a certain context are law. Until Cyan or Uru Live proves where Myst V fits, all this all is is Speculation. There's really no proof. Sure, in 2005 "Yeesha searches for someone to free the Least". Isn't that what she has been doing ALL ALONG? Isn't that what she was doing in Uru Prime???

Forgive me, but I just get a little irked because so many people take so many quotes and sayings out of context, and quote them as being law and canon. Until journals are written, books are published, and games are mass-produced and sold nation/world-wide, the history of Myst is a very fuzzy and changing thing. We've all seen that. So maybe, right now, they're thinking that Myst V still happened in the future, maybe it happened in the past, and maybe it'll be happening AS Uru Live is going on. Who can say, except for Cyan, and sad to say, we'll have to wait for the final word on that..... and the good people at Cyan are very good at vague hints to start conjecture. :)
Just thought I'd put that 2 cents in.
-J-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:03 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

phalkon13 wrote:
Right, RAWA said "the significance of thier freedom" and "what they're going to do with it", he never said they actually HAVE it. He could've said the exact same thing before the events of Myst V, and they would have had the same meaning.

Well, if he had said it before Myst V, being the deliberate speaker I believe he is, he should have said, "And what the significance of their freedom is, we really don't know what they would do with that either." And really, it would be more correct to say, "And what the significance of their freedom would be, we really don't know what they would do with that either."

phalkon13 wrote:
Forgive me, but I just get a little irked because so many people take so many quotes and sayings out of context, and quote them as being law and canon.

In contrast, I continue to be amazed at the high level of denial about Myst V. I don't understand why some cling to keeping Myst V out of pre-Uru Live canon. I observe the evidence and see Myst V is clearly set entirely in 2005 with the Least gaining their freedom. Others see the same evidence but claim it proves nothing.

But as we all are very happy to know, time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
But as we all are very happy to know, time will tell.

amen.

Last edited by phalkon13 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:13 pm 

I do not believe one way or another. I merely believe the evidence is not conclusive. Since you believe the evidence conclusively shows Myst 5 in 2005, you assume that I believe the opposite. No. I believe that we do not know for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:28 am 

As do I. I go by the time will tell measure and know that NO one can say for certain that it did or did not happen. Id rather wait and see than ruin a community with constant worthless arguing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:40 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Maratanos wrote:
I do not believe one way or another. I merely believe the evidence is not conclusive. Since you believe the evidence conclusively shows Myst 5 in 2005, you assume that I believe the opposite. No. I believe that we do not know for sure.

From the Town Hall Meeting with Rand Miller, July 18, 2006:
Quote:
Eleri: How does the new Uru Live storyline diverge from the old one? Are the Myst 5 details being integrated?
Rand: Not really a divergant storyline - just time has passed. And Myst 5 is part of the time that has passed.

Do you believe now? I suspect Rand's word should be conclusive enough for most people. "Time has told" us that one person can say for certain, contrary to Whilyam's claim. [sarcasm] Sadly, I suppose, assuming Whilyam was not exaggerating, the community is now ruined due to this worthless debate to which, after finding some value to it, Eleri herself contributed and helped definitively settle with a little help from Rand.[/sarcasm]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next