It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:42 pm 

The stranger wrote:
H'uru didn't gave ideas for cyan.They just created ages.

Wrong!

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:43 pm 

Thet what I didn't want from the first place-age creation tools.What i mean is thet people will give the ideas to cyan and cyan will make the age it-self after few months,when they will have time to create it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:45 pm 

The stranger wrote:
Thet what I didn't want from the first place-age creation tools.What i mean is thet people will give the ideas to cyan and cyan will make the age it-self after few months,when they will have time to create it.

Yes, I'm fairly sure we all know that's what you're talking about. The point is, it's just NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Cyan only has time to do so many ages. No matter what else happens, if they start making fan-idea ages, they will be FORCED to decrease their output of ages of their own creation.

And frankly, it's better that way. The only reason people don't get mobbed about being in Rehearsal is because nobody knows who is in it and who isn't.

Unless you're proposing to put the people in this "age creation group" of yours under an NDA as well...

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:50 pm 

Quote:
Unless you're proposing to put the people in this "age creation group" of yours under an NDA as well...

Thet what i'm talking about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:53 pm 

Sorry, that still doesn't address the other problem. Namely, that this would absolutely DERAIL Cyan's normal production schedule.

Which is completly inexcusable.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:55 pm 

All right,all right! bad idea!

Lots of angry people out-here... :? :shock: :?

I hope my storyline idea is better for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:08 pm 

The stranger wrote:
All right,all right! bad idea!

Lots of angry people out-here... :? :shock: :?

I hope my storyline idea is better for you.

:cry: The reality is, that the topic of explorer-created Ages has been hashed over and re-hashed over time and time again. Between the potential legal problems and the physical limitations Cyan has (it can't hire a whole new crew to take on the job of meshing explorer ideas and Cyan ideas), it just doesn't look feasable at all. :? Would be nice under some conditions... but simply ain't about to happen.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy... and good with catsup. (P. Rice)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ah, but Rand Miller himself said that Cyan is planning on releasing Age Creation tools. The only question is "When?"

Quote:
it can't hire a whole new crew to take on the job of meshing explorer ideas and Cyan ideas

That's true, alright. But it's definitely possible to have Ages without stepping on Cyan's story's toes. Ages of Ilathid is doing it, after all... And as far as I can see, Alcugs fan created Ages needed to be approved by Cyan (although I don't think they did an in depth review of them) before their release.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:25 am 

Personally I like the idea of submitting our age ideas to Cyan . I have a few places and who owned them and some of the puzzles done, but do not have the ability or desire to learn the programming part. If Cyan would just listen to my ideas and perhaps use them at a later date, I would sign a release. All I would want is the name I have given the age to remain and perhaps a book in my bevin when it first came out.

If Cyan's design team would just set up an email account and those of us who wish to submit ideas could. That would keep out ideas from being used by others. Although I would imagine with many people trying to create ages, there wil be some similarities between several ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:17 am 
Obduction Backer

This sounds like a good idea until you realize that Cyan is the last game company on the planet that is in need of new ideas...

KI#01165421
Hey! Visit The Jalak Registry, the source for all things Jalak. Yes, it's still open!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:14 am 

The stranger wrote:

We can do that already, just submit a "feature request"to http://support.urulive.com
and if they are doable, then Cyan MIGHT go forward with that idea, and the more people who put in feature requests on the same thing will give a higher likely hood of having ages/features implemented.

If you want to refine your idea first before submitting it, then just start a topic in this thread.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:57 am 

Can I really discribe my age idea (puzzels,story...) in the feature request?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:27 pm 

Yes of course you can.:D

The Feature Request system is free and open to any feature from anyone.
:D (How big or little the feature request is depends on you.) :D

Grogyan has the right of it however, the more people requesting a idea the faster it might happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:37 am 

A good example of the group involvement and the refinement of an Age that I would like to see is Eder Labyrinth?

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2