It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Flash Light - torch
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:34 pm 

The title says it all. I have never explored anything on the surface without taking a flash light along. I have a little Maglite that clips on my belt. Now if I was going into a cave.... well I'd take my four battery mega light-up the world practicaly x-rays ppl light with me.
I don't think I have seen that suggestion yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good, idea, Sudre!

(and hello there, by the way, you cone-dancing demon you! :) )

Many's the time I have wanted to get a more detailed look at something that caught my attention in the murky environs of the cavern, but it was just too darn dark!

Let there be light!

nerf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:06 pm 

This could be an item that could be used in the carry system or inventory system being talked about recently.

A great idea! :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:17 pm 

I think all kinds of camping and expedition gear would be AWESOME!

We should also get some trail mix.

~Joey Zooooooneeeeeeeeeeysheeee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:39 pm 

Great idea Sudre and yes, (((((hugs)))))) to my hood mate. haven't seen you in ages! I'd love to camp out in a new Age too. Be able to lie down and watch the sky for a while. Doesn't that blow your mind in the evening when you get a chance to do that? It gets me thinking how small we are, really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:35 pm 

Talk about blowing minds-

camping and staring a an alien sky filled with differents stars and constelations would really put me in my place!

I wonder if we could launch sattelites into the space from the different ages and see where they were in location to each other? :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:32 pm 

The flash light idea is a really good one but i think it would have to be a reward, the intial journey which seems to be in Live has a puzzle which is solvable very easily if you have the /lite command in userKI.

As for could satelites locate each other it depends on your source, BOT suggest that all the ages are places within this universe, they be at different times so you may link to an age t million years before present and two million after and 5 galaxies away.

RAWA's post suggests a more Quatum theory of infitinte unverses which can be taken oh so many ways, my own (with the help of others who initally thought me mad! MWOAH!) Would suggest that if you could luanch a sattelite it wouldn't be in your universe so what would the point be, every age would probably be in its own universe ,there would be no way to link them up unless you took advanatage of something which could handle the quantim fluctuations of the universe. (Myst IV anyone? The KI?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:09 pm 

Perhaps we can find some tech for a D'ni sattelite, using the same elements of the KI. Or we can simply set up a linked set of Great Zeros.

The D'ni set up GZroe's whenever they first came to an age. So apparently our Ki's should tell us where we are in every age, well that is, once the GZ is online in that age again.

So if we could connect the GZ's together we should be able to find the planet's in relationship to each other right?

Or not. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:05 am 

Going back to the topic of tourches in UL, I think that either the KI could be upgraded to also provide light, or you find a D'ni mining helmet with a Firemarble lamp set in it (like Atrus had in BoT)

Also I have to agree that it is rather pointless putting satalites in space to find out where you are in the universe, since the Ages of D'ni exist in the Multiverse (I dont think that BoT was ment to indicate that the ages are in the same Universe, but just to highlight the fact that your location in Time and Space had changed as well as your location in Probobility. At least, thats how I read it :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:04 am 

Flashlights seem like a cool idea at first, till you actually use one in a game & see how really claustrophobic they are. I don't feel like I got what I paid for when I can only see 1/16th of my playing screen. I feel cheated.

And then when I pay my electric bills at the end of the month, hey comon! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

I tend to visit the cavern when it is dark on the surface, so my eyes get kinda acustomed to the gloom (when will that bacteria in the lake get active). But a few days ago I visited during daylight on the surface. I could hardly see a thing down here.

A flashlight would come in very useful then.

@Stella - location in time and space? Are you thinking of a TARDIS? (Time And Relative Dimensions In space) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, our Relto closet *is* much bigger on the inside... :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]