It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:43 pm 

With all this talk of bots and the like, I've had an idea for a possible application I refuse to believe that no one else has considered:

1. Create several bots in the appearence of members of the story - Kodama, Engberg, Sharper, key explorers et al.

2. Program them with the lines from previous "live events".

3. Create certain instances wherein once you link in, they begin acting out what was said during that event.

4. Do some IC story about discovering a Serenia-like device that enables you to witness past events, like a penseive or something similar. Design some Relto page-esque system wherin you can collect something such as "residual memories" or the like that unlocks each scene, things that are found near where they occurred - the Kahlo pub for Rose and Wheely, the Watcher's Pub for the dead Bahro, etc.

5. You now have the ability to see all the important story events from way back in prologue, without having to go through pages of chatlog on third-party fansites. With fan-created "residual memory" collectables, this will also allow people to recap particularly successful fan stories as well (JD Barnes, Echo McKenzie, etc) that have Cyan's approval.

6. ????

7. PROFIT AND MEDALS FOR ALL.

Any thoughts?

IC Journal | Reality on the Norm

Last edited by Prof Julian Lapin on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:46 pm 

I second this notion! I spent so much time digging through fansites, and still do not feel as though I had the complete story. I am sure there are lots of us out there that are looking for this information!

MOULa Avvies
burhocky: 02861187
P'saune: 04392308

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

That is an AWESOME idea!

I never witnessed any of the live events because I was at work when they happened or the Cavern was already full and I couldn't get in to be there.

Being able to "replay" them in some form would be fantastic.

===
MOULa KI: 458107

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Prof Julian Lapin wrote:
With all this talk of bots and the like, I've had an idea for a possible application that I refuse to believe that no one else has considered:

You're right. I remember some discussions that brought up similar topics before, but I don't think anything happened to them (the other topics in the discussions drowned them out, eventually, I think).

Some ideas I had from those discussions

1. We don't even need a strange technology. Imager and video technology are already capable of recording such events (or at least most of them - some events might be less plausible) and explorers have lots of access to such things*. After some group spends a little time editing the footage together to form a coherent storyline for each event, we could just put them all up as imager recordings or even just simple human videos (plug one of those simple laptop-like DVD players up somewhere and stack some labeled DVD's next to it...**)

*Perhaps KI's automatically took some video/imager type recordings at some times previously, even if nobody really knew.
**Perhaps we could even have the DVD's scattered around somewhat near their relevant locations, so people would explore and find them, then bring them back to the player (for either Earth technology, or D'ni [with some other device other than a DVD - maybe something similar to a marker, and maybe the KI's could just play the video right there]).

2. Bahro tech. Have some kind of bahro pillar thing much like the bahro stone holders, but without a bahro stone or anything - just a symbol to press. These would circulate around the major story events, and would be some kind of Journey of sorts - to remember the past events.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:12 am 
Obduction Backer

I like the KI idea.... maybe have a device in the DRC Hood (Kirel) that you can access with your KI, connected to an Imager. Heck, even have the view from a Camcorder type look (maybe the DRC had upgraded KIs with video-imaging recorders unlocked, and kept records of certain events).

That way, we're not ruining canon, as well as being able to relive and get the entire story.

As long as there's no extreme shaky-cam!! I hate that!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]