It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:29 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Myst Comics in Uru.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:14 pm 

This is just a little idea I've had, I think it would be very cool if we had a explorer bring the two Myst comic books into the Cavern.

Now I know they are inaccurate, in some cases ridiculously so, but the art is really beautiful and at the beginning of each of them they have useful factual (to canon) information, which would teach any explorers coming across them about the Fall and a bit about Atrus' life in a few short pages.

I even came up with a small way to prevent confusion. (spoilered for size, please forgive my feeble photoshop skills.

Myst #0:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Myst #1:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

So what do you think?

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:52 pm 

I really like this. The little stickies on the front covers are a nice touch too. You might come up against copyright issues, though, so I'm not sure exactly how getting them in the cavern would work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Looks nice and seems like a good idea to make something of it, jadawin12 ... :P

What about volunteering for the GO!Magazine provided by the GoMessengers ? ...

I believe they would always love to have more options and alternative and esp. creative
Uru/Myst related material to add or integrate into what they already have, e.g. to have
something at hand to nicely fill up space where needed etc. with "little jewels" to
complement the whole or for giving it the final touch etc...

Maybe, if provided within the issue of an official Guild magazine would also render
the presentation of the Myst comic books legal, but this is just an assumption... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 pm 

I'm not sure about any copyright issues as I don't have their contract in front of me. This is what I do know, Dark Horse does not own Myst or any of the characters involved, they belong to Cyan. Since MOULa is non-profit it wouldn't really be a money issue, but if they really wanted to keep everything smooth between Cyan and Dark Horse I can think of one idea to do so. Most comics have advertisements instead of having the comics show the old adverts from the mid-90's, show new adverts with the latest Dark Horse publications. That way it's a win win Dark Horse gets advertisement and Cyan gets content.

As for working with GO!Magazine, I'd rather do that with my own work. Y'see I have been working in a very minor way in comics and have a few small works to show for it (and more to come.)

You can check out a rough copy of one here:

http://kalamitycomics.webs.com/apps/pho ... id=9877422

And here, but be careful with this one as it's NSFW and has some strong themes (it's also at the bottom of the page)

http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php? ... ge__st__80

If your wondering I'm James L. Sarandis. Anyway, maybe the Go!magazine people will find me worthy and I can make up some comics for them.

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]