It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:03 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Bring Back The Guilds?
Yes. 30%  30%  [ 59 ]
No 22%  22%  [ 43 ]
What Guilds Are You Talking About? 7%  7%  [ 13 ]
Only Some That Could Help People: (ex-The Writers, Linguists, Messengers) 24%  24%  [ 47 ]
Start Modern Guilds Only (Greeters etc.) 16%  16%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 194
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Srikandi wrote:
The community as it is now (old school Myst fans, Prologue and UU players) is not all that uniform... witness the current debate for evidence of that. The community of players of Uru Live, as MSZV said, had better be much larger and more diverse, or the experiment will have failed.

Among all these players will be people with different preferences. Different ideas of what makes a game fun. Different experiences and expectations.
To come back to the WoW example, ... see above...

The best games provide a wide variety of different kinds of gameplay experiences for people who play in different ways. I think the best thing Cyan can do for the success of the project is to include and support as many different kinds of activities as possible so players with different tastes all have reasons to come, and to keep coming. Guilds could provide one such kind of activity.

And like I said before, cliques, politics and elitism will be there no matter what. It's not a quirk of those terrible MMORPG players... it's a fact about human nature. You find it in workplaces and volunteer organizations and circles of friends and orchestras and school playgrounds and Internet forums, and it will be there in Uru Live.

hi, 8)

i think this is the best realistic statement, too.
you/we should not be afraid of what has happened or what could happen.
this is the life. every particular nature should have a chance to express itself. and at least we all just want to have fun and i am sure everybody will have fun...
best wishes

jana :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Guilds seem to be here, and are helpful in many ways...
thank you GoG!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:00 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

This thread is pretty old and long as well. I'll close it, if the topic interests you, feel free to open up a new one and put a refering link in to this past discussion. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14