It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:30 pm 

I have been involved with the Age Writting community for some time. I, myself, have not been a modeller. Nor do I have any experience in computer programming. I am an artist. I am a story teller. And from those two thing I can realize the full potential of Explorer Made Ages. If you are one of the many that have see some of the ages that are out, and are a bit worried about the quality, I strongly suggest that you take a look at this. http://cho.cyan.com/rawa/MystVTimelapses/

That, right there, is a view of steps it takes to make an age like the ones that are being created by fans that love their community. As you can see, the quality is not the best thing since bread came sliced. But over time, the little things created a wonderful last stand on Cyans part.

Age Builders have learned that it takes dedication and respect. The dedication to created a richer game, one that everybody can have a part in shaping. And the respect for the game, and community, that they are working to improve. If you have not played the most recent developements in Explorer ages. Then it is best to not say anything. For you have no idea as to what they can add to the experience of Uru, the gathering.

Post subject: Ego?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:59 am 

Quote:
I for one an quite excited about Agebuilding. On a role playing/writing site, I had created (and co-created) some very interesting worlds and I thought one day I would like to share what one particularly close to my heart looks like in my head. A chance to do that with a 3-D environment - and then to let people frolic through it? Beyond what I had imagined. I have some rough sketches now - just you wait until I get my hands on those tools (and finish my thesis so I actually have time to do it!)!

@ Quaxo9

Were in the same boat buddy!
I've already finished multiple ages in my head. Complete with A name, puzzles, visuals, and A fancy book cover. Hopefully the day will soon come where we can both realise our dreams and share them with our friends in the cavern.
I'm invisioning a future where me and you are trading linking books to the worlds of our imiginations! :P

EDIT: Added quote :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:19 am 

That was my idea.But people didn't liked it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:29 am 
Obduction Backer

it is such a cool idea, and with some support from Cyan, I am certain the quality can be maintained

as for how/if it applies to a story line....
for me it does not have to

the city is being rediscovered, and part of that discovery is for links that go elsewhere, to other lands

not all links affect anyone back in the city, and will just expand our horizons a little

and of course...if there could PUHLEESE be a beach age, with waves that ebb and flow like the beach in Final Fan XI, that would BE MY DREAM COME TRUE!
It was really difficult in FFXI to sit on that great beach and either not get killed (as a newbie) , or get please for help (once i had advanced a little)

i like to just sit on the beach, and not be bothered! if there was puzzle nearby, that would be a cool bonus

if it was a public land, that would be extra cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:39 am 

Sharpshot wrote:
Alahmnat is right. There wont be a major outpour of ages, and a screening process like he described would block any Joke ages.

Where could I find this Fan made Age Builder? I would like to see it for myself.

Why would you want to block them? Just don't visit them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:53 am 
Obduction Backer

Implement free market rules: crappy ages are not spread. Sure you waste a little time on useless ages, but a simple screening process - even one as simple as a screen shot on the linking book's window page would help this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:40 am 

If your still worried about the integrity of the game with user created content, just look at how Second Life has become, all because of user created content.
I am sure that there is or will be a screening process to determine if the Age is suitable for distribution on the main game server(s).

Also you may or may not have noticed that games with longevity after years from initial release are only still around due to user created content (there are exceptions to that rule, eg Ultima Online).

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6