It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Living Area/Bunk House
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:05 pm 

Hi,

I won't go in to Age suggestions but I will touch on the Relto pages.

Would be nice to get another island that bridges with the current that holds a living area or housing area. If the Relto's are to be our homes away from home it might be nice to have another structure. Possibly something similar to that in Myst IV Revelations, either just a kitchen/living room area and/or a sleeping area. Just a thought. Might be good for those popping in who have had too much to drink and need a place to sleep.

Anyway the other thing would be have the Relto transition from day to night...similar to that in the Eder age...I think it is.

Maybe some patio lanterns that turn on when its night.

Similar to those in the hood.

Go for it if its possible...if not..it was just a suggestion.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:20 pm 

I always feel some what removed, not just because I'm still a visitor....grrr...clears throat, but because you can't really see where the explorers would carry out their day to day lives, If it was real. I always liked being able to see where the people lived in Myst and Riven, as it gave the worlds grounding, and believability.

I'm sure that that's probably been suggested before, however, I do think that, It is a good thing to have, as It integrates you into the story line in a more believable way.

-------------------
I wouldn't be surprised if day and night cycles are already thought about, as its so obvious, as well as having sea....Please please, I don't like cloud any more. Sun set over the sea on relto, whilst laying in a HAMMOCK....Awesome!

<-- Edit

Lanterns are a good Idea too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't think the living area is necessary. I mean, even IC, I live at home, I don't live in Relto (although constant plane tickets back to my home state are starting to pile up :wink:)

Now as for the day/night cycle idea, that's a great idea. To expand on it, I'd love it it were tied to an "explorer's home time zone" setting, so when you visit Relto, it always matches what's outside your window. And when you visit the Relto of someone from another country, it would look like what's out *their* window!

We could play "Guess My Home Country" with new buddies! :lol:

KI#01165421
Hey! Visit The Jalak Registry, the source for all things Jalak. Yes, it's still open!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

:lol:
i like you idea Robot :lol:

but i guess it would be quite a mess for cyan, though possible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:54 pm 

Well, heck. Other than our avatars standing or sitting around all day it might be good to have a living area. It can be spartan. Don't need the comfy chair or the fold out bed sofa. :)

Anyway, the avatar need to relax, alone time, a shower. The smell is starting to get a bit ripe in the cavern with all those avatars not showering. Its not like I am asking for an air hockey table or pool table....wait a minute....????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:48 pm 

aallan wrote:
Its not like I am asking for an air hockey table or pool table....wait a minute....????

Ah, another feature of the fabled Neighborhood Game Room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:19 pm 

I'd imagine once age creation comes about we can all make our own living areas.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]