It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:11 pm 

In Eder Delin i have been struggeling with the door puzzle together with a goup of explorers, and thereby having a lot of whatchers and tourists in the age. With many people in the age it is not possible to communicate with all Journey folks without using /shout each and every time you say something, and all people needed to use /shout to make the message reach all participants. This is very hard and annoying, and especially it is vital to the task to do a fast communication to all folks! But having to type "/Shout " before every sentence, even if just a one digit number, takes an awful lot of critical time which destroys the fun of the puzzle completely. Some explorers were close to a nervous breakdown.

My message here is simple: We need the /autoshout option back right now! Alternatively there should be no limitations to chat distance in such a small age as Delin. I wonder why /autoshout ever was removed in the first place - the last thing we were told to do by Cyan in Until URU was ... to use /autoshout at the meeting with the Bahro screem!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:40 am 

i liked the autoshout command

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:33 am 

astro wrote:
In Eder Delin i have been struggeling with the door puzzle together with a goup of explorers, and thereby having a lot of whatchers and tourists in the age. With many people in the age it is not possible to communicate with all Journey folks without using /shout each and every time you say something, and all people needed to use /shout to make the message reach all participants. This is very hard and annoying, and especially it is vital to the task to do a fast communication to all folks! But having to type "/Shout " before every sentence, even if just a one digit number, takes an awful lot of critical time which destroys the fun of the puzzle completely. Some explorers were close to a nervous breakdown.

My message here is simple: We need the /autoshout option back right now! Alternatively there should be no limitations to chat distance in such a small age as Delin. I wonder why /autoshout ever was removed in the first place - the last thing we were told to do by Cyan in Until URU was ... to use /autoshout at the meeting with the Bahro screem!

Since Uru Live is not based on the Until Uru Code base, it's not that it was taken out. It was that it hasn't been added in the first place.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:57 am 

Kedri: The problem with /autoshout...!
Kedri: It that it made everything have a "!"!
Kedri: That got annoying after a while.!
Kedri: If they *do* bring it back...!
Kedri: Could they please remove the exclamation point?!

KI #00072427[Kedry]
"Conjecture is not fact, and opinion is not fact, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true." - Shaun Lyon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Kedri wrote:
Kedri: The problem with /autoshout...!
Kedri: It that it made everything have a "!"!
Kedri: That got annoying after a while.!
Kedri: If they *do* bring it back...!
Kedri: Could they please remove the exclamation point?!

Hear hear! ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:04 am 

Just as a suggestion for the Delin puzzle: Type what you want to say and don't hit enter till you're ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:51 am 
Obduction Backer

I would rather see autoshout on by default and have a /whisper command instead to talk to a few people in the locations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:22 am 

I've typed /shout followed by a single digit approximately 160 times now. I've only helped solve the Delin puzzle once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:36 am 
Obduction Backer

/me <digit> works in that context as well - pre-prepared so that you only have to press enter when your number is called.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:59 pm 

Just a simple question. How is the regular chat (Purple name : message) different than /shout? Everyone "hear" the other don't they :?:

Sil_Oh_Wet's Bevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

No. Standard typed chat has a range. 8 nearest in Ae'gura, 10 nearest in Delin for example. /shout reaches everyone in the age at the time, but has to prefix every line. /autoshout (typed once) invokes /shout for every typed line until turned off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm opposed to /autoshout. I can imagine it being abused. For example, people would leave it on, forcing everyone in the city to listen to everything they said. (Some people consider everything they say to be important to everyone.) Having a limit on the number of people who can hear you prevents everyone from being deluged with chat and having to sort through innumerable simultaneous conversations.

If your Delin is crowded to the point of having to use /shout and you can't get the bystanders to leave, have the person at the door use a microphone and voice chat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Voice chat has a range limit too, but I'm opposed to /autoshout for the reasons listed above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:30 am 

You're all full of workarounds! I don't want workarounds, it is only reasonable to be able to type in simple text that must be submitted immediately without having to type /shout every time! I agree that it should be without an exclamation mark.
As for "crowded age", we need at least 8 people in Delin and maybe one advisor or "get more people" guy. Then there is room for one or two watchers - is that what it takes to make it "crowded"??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:14 am 

Maybe /autoshout, if implemented, should not operate in public Ae'gura, but only in instanced Ages.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next