It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:58 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:42 am 

My input:

I'd like to see a game-creator similar to Google Sketchup which uses simple intuitive controls to make simple objects and which could be low-poly terrains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, but I'd still want my Ages to look as good as Cyan's. I mean, if they're going to end up being in the game, they've got to meet Cyan's standards, or else it'd just be really, really awkward. The game would lack credibility and consistency if sub-par Ages were admitted into Uru, even if they weren't easily accessible. 'Tis not a Cyan thing if you ask me.

Hopefully, in the not so distant future after Go Live, Cyan will release Age building tools designed for the community, with custom models and textures that we could easily modify - perhaps with the aid of tutorials - and a simple yet competent interface.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:21 am 

The ability for everyone to create their own ages and have them accessable to the public... I can see it now, and it's starting to look a lot like Second Life.

You'll get a very small handful of amazing ages, and the rest will be pretty poorly thrown together. Or one person will come up with a template that everyone else uses, so they all look the same.

Whatever Cyan does to impliment user created ages is going to have to be innovative and unique, which also means that it isn't going to please EVERYONE.

I can't wait to see what they come up with!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4